It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only way we are going to fix anything in this country or the world for that matter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Our gov't needs to set-up monetary incentives (bonuses) that NOT only benefits corporations but also the majority of its citizens.

For example:
IMO the only way that we could possibly find a cure for Cancer (if curable) , is if its in the best intere$t of the corporations to come up with a cure. As of right now the corporations benefit more by providing treatments instead of cures. Its no wonder we have treatments from just about every disease with little cures.

What I suggest (note: not exact figures, but you get the gist)

1. Keep existing business models in place: Companies can continue to do business as they do business today.

2. Our gov't dedicates a small portion of our annual budget to be awarded ( controlled distribution) to any company or entity that comes up with the cure* for cancer. Its basically a gov't kick back or bonus incentive to come up with a cure.

3. The company gets exclusive rights*** to sell and manufacture the cure.

For this example lets say 5 Billion dollars is allocated which is less than .01 percent of our annual budget. This amount (5 Billion) will be awarded to any entity(corporation,private,etc) that comes up with a cure*.

Therefore. Out of the 5 billion:
1 Billion goes to the CEO ,
1 Billion is split among each employee of the company**,
3 Billion is awarded to company investors **.

* Note: At this point no need to get stuck on defining what is a cure or what form of cancer to treat. I just want to talk about offering such a bonus incentive to the private sector.

** Note: At this point I rather not worry about how the percentage are split among the individuals.

*** Note: Profit margins can be defined to accommodate research and development and decrease over time as the the cost is recuperated.

This provides an incentive for both the company , investors, employees, and us the tax payers. If no cure is found then it causes the tax payers nothing and it doesn't negatively impact the companies. Its a win win for all sides.

Basically the gov't needs to provide a better incentive model in order to provide better services for its citizens. Whether we like it or not its always about the MONEY and we are not going to change that.

So what’s your opinion on such a program, legality of implementing such a thing , or downfalls you see?

edit on 11-3-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2013 by interupt42 because: LOL, spell checker changed corporation to corruptions

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

An infection can lead to many symptoms. We can put band aids on the symptoms but unless the infection is treated we have resolved nothing and only spent energy in the process.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePhysicalExperience

* Note: At this point no need to get stuck on defining what is a cure or what form of cancer to treat. I just want to talk about offering such a bonus incentive to the private sector.

However, if they don't provide the cure then no payout and the company is not impacted as they continue business as usual.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I believe we already have this with the patent system.

Once a company creates a cure they get to keep exclusivity for quite awhile and all the top people get bonuses.

I don't think they really need additional motivations.

Maybe you could drop a bunch of the regulation they fight with but really, how do corporations benefit from healing people?

It would be much more profitable for them to develop treatments rather than cures.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

How about "we" as a species, take a look into the mirror, and deal with our problems with self-intervention, and retrospect. We wont be able to fix anything, till we can fix our own mistakes. We need to think outside the box. Meditation, spiritual intervention, kindness. I am not talking God, but talking finding the "light" in ourselves. Above all? Love a little more........Cause despair has its grips on the majority.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I will share a philosophy that may or may not assist you with your idea.

"Humans" i consider to be "natural body's" while governments corporations and institutions etc are "artificial body's". A human is able to take personal responsibility while an "artificial body" cannot because it has been created by humans and does not have the ability go on without assistance by humans.
These "artificial body's" continue to grow taking over the "natural body's" habitat and resources. Wile they grow they eliminate competition such as small businesses (where the owner is still personally responsible for their business) and peoples freedom to think independently which is a threat to the growth of these body's.
This is manifesting into humans as "cancerous cells". It is really just a microcosm of a larger macrocosm.
But this is where im looking at for the "cure"

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

How about this: The government stays the hell out of the private sector and the lives of individuals. We go back to the original Constitution, deal with the traitors, put federal government back in the tiny box it belongs in. We all have incentive to help each other thrive--end of story.

Federal government itself is the root of our problem....

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

How about this: The government stays the hell out of the private sector and the lives of individuals. We go back to the original Constitution, deal with the traitors, put federal government back in the tiny box it belongs in. We all have incentive to help each other thrive--end of story.

The original Constitution didn't have any amendments. I don't think you'd like to go back to that one personally.

It would probably be much worse.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I believe we already have this with the patent system.

Once a company creates a cure they get to keep exclusivity for quite awhile and all the top people get bonuses.

I don't think they really need additional motivations.

Maybe you could drop a bunch of the regulation they fight with but really, how do corporations benefit from healing people?

It would be much more profitable for them to develop treatments rather than cures.

Good points.

The patent system will stay the same. There are regulations and limitations with the existing patent system that could prevent certain companies from actually patenting a cure as it would stop their treatment inflow. As you also state only the top people get the reward of the existing patent system. The patent system also requires limited exclusivity rights.

With the proposed bonus program that same company would receive billions for the cure, maintain any patents as they do now, and be guaranteed exclusive life-time rights to manufacture and distribute the drug as long as it stays effective. People are born everyday and they get cancer everyday therefore in away they will continue provide treatment (cure).

In addition, unlike the existing patent system where only the top dogs reap the benefits, in this system all the employees and investors benefit as well. Therefore, if a cure is actually developed their is a greater likely hood of disclosure as more people stand to benefit.

Most CEO are primarily concerned with meeting their requirements in order to secure their bonus in the 50 - 100 Million dollar range. In addition , with the existing Patent system it could be years before the patent is awarded or a Return in Investment is seen. With the proposed system the CEO would instantly receive his Billion dollar bonus which is in excess of what they would see today on top of their contractual company bonus.

It basically sweetens the pot for everyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I want to change your sentence from "once a company" to "once someone". Lets not forget that the greatest medical discoverys that led to millions if not billions of lives being saved were made by people, not corporations. That is exactly why the government should kibosh all foreign aid and spend it all on pure research, awarding the cash to people committed, creative and smart. Give them the patent rights - let them become billionaires. Lets stop feeding the industrial complex and turn some folks loose. Be a different world in 10 years.

edit on 11-3-2013 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

How about "we" as a species, take a look into the mirror, and deal with our problems with self-intervention, and retrospect. We wont be able to fix anything, till we can fix our own mistakes. We need to think outside the box. Meditation, spiritual intervention, kindness. I am not talking God, but talking finding the "light" in ourselves. Above all? Love a little more........Cause despair has its grips on the majority.

That sounds great, but not realistic or feasible. Today its all about Money. Perhaps it may be feasible in the future , when we change the system from only the minority benefiting to a more equal system where both the minority and the majority both benefit.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Agreed 100%, but pandoras box has been opened and the only way that I see us getting any control back or benefit from our gov't is by giving the Corporations that run our country incentives that benefits them and us as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

The original Constitution didn't have any amendments. I don't think you'd like to go back to that one personally.

It would probably be much worse.

Thank you for your correction. I will never slight the Bill of Rights again....

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
I want to change your sentence from "once a company" to "once someone". Lets not forget that the greatest medical discoverys that led to millions if not billions of lives being saved were made by people, not corporations. That is exactly why the government should kibosh all foreign aid and spend it all on pure research, awarding the cash to people committed, creative and smart. Give them the patent rights - let them become billionaires. Lets stop feeding the industrial complex and turn some folks loose. Be a different world in 10 years.

edit on 11-3-2013 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

I did use the word entity(corporation,private,etc) which could include individuals. I agree with you, but today its difficult for an individual to compete against a corporation because of the cost of doing research or regulations put in place.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Nothing can help at this point, only utter collapse in the global system and political and religious cleansing.
its gotten too far out of hand with too many hands in the till with too many negative agendas.

The eugenicists were right, but they need to be the first to go along with greedy global share holders

get rid of "THE 1%" and the world can catch its breath and regroup

Nature dictates thinning of the herd for the survival of all

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePhysicalExperience

"Humans" i consider to be "natural body's" while governments corporations and institutions etc are "artificial body's". A human is able to take personal responsibility while an "artificial body" cannot because it has been created by humans and does not have the ability go on without assistance by humans.
These "artificial body's" continue to grow taking over the "natural body's" habitat and resources. Wile they grow they eliminate competition such as small businesses (where the owner is still personally responsible for their business) and peoples freedom to think independently which is a threat to the growth of these body's.
This is manifesting into humans as "cancerous cells". It is really just a microcosm of a larger macrocosm.

I will simplify it to the most basic form that can be comprehended.
Stop consuming. Draw back from need of dependency on "others" and learn to become more individually self sustainable.
Governments cant operate the way they do without corporations, corporations cant operate without us. and we are just running around chasing our tails now aren't wondering what it might taste like if we ever caught it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I will simplify it to the most basic form that can be comprehended.
Stop consuming. Draw back from need of dependency on "others" and learn to become more individually self sustainable.
Governments cant operate the way they do without corporations, corporations cant operate without us. and we are just running around chasing our tails now aren't wondering what it might taste like if we ever caught it.

We are all aware of that , the problem is the feasibility of doing that and the amount of impact on everyone life if they were to do that. Its just not going to happen. IMO its more feasible, realistic and far less of an impact on everyone if we just do what the lobbyist do to our gov't.

Give incentives to Corporations to make money by helping the tax payers. Whether we like it or not , Money is the end game. Its how the corporations make their money that is the problem.

If the corporation had an incentive to make more money by providing a cure then we would get that cure.

edit on 12-3-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

This post might give you some insight into what is going on. It is just my thoughts so is your choice to consider or reject as you so wish.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Hoo Haa : The way it is now,

You donate a kidney, the transfer is unsuccessful, the recipient dies.
The Dr.'s then approach you and say, so what are your plans for the kidney?
For you could continue to to help another person in the thralls of distress.
Your intuition kicks in, and,,,Whoa,,,
You are stunned for you have become leveled to the awareness that they would like to sell it again.
In the meantime, the Hospital has just billed you $50,000 for the operation for you to
donate a Kidney. The Insurance Company rejected the claim by the way.

Our Reality has become a Kurt Vonnegut novel. And so it goes.

edit on 12-3-2013 by Wildmanimal because: edit/typo

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The only way we are going to fix anything in this country or the world for that matter is by getting back to the basics of life. We need to get back in touch with REALITY. Think about it. You go to work so you can go to the store to buy food. Does that even make sense, when you could be working the ground that produces the food you go to work to buy?

Were so caught up in I-pods, I-pads, facebook, twitter, fast food joints and everything else, that we've totally forgotten how to till the land. Then, when SHTF, everybody's gonna be buggin' out; totally forgetting that everything we NEED can be grown right here, on planet earth; and there is no need to panic.

We sure are setting ourselves up for a GRIM future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join