It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Satellite Imagery, Remote Viewing for The Masses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Better Satellite Imagery, Remote Viewing for The Masses

This is intended to be a reference thread for ATS members to gather the tools for remote research work.
Not all inclusive, but the best tools I have found thus far.

While we have had Google Earth (see the app or play store for your mobile device) at our fingertips on most modern PC's, most people don't know how many more software and map options they have available, most of the time, for free! Although I'm starting with windows mapping, the main focus will be on mobile device mapping. The reason is the amount of great mapping software popping up as of late for these devices. My recent experience has Bing imagery outperforming Google's at most locations. Android apps have been the best, although ArcGis is better on the I-Pad.

WIndows
Google Earth for PC, Linux or Mac
Download at www.google.com...
Some very nice features, but lacking detail outside the con us in some cases

Web based for any device
Bing Maps (no installation required, just switch to satellite mode)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Olguidakh River ? But you still did not see anything there? True?

Guess why.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yes Olguidakh = Olguydakh, found the up(north) and downstream(south) river crossing bridges, unfortunately the southernmost end of the river does not have ultra hi res. imagery. Just starting to look at the locations the discovery channel expedition marked as anomalies.

As what could be there: my guess is these domes could be anything from kimberlite pipes to second stage rocket boosters. There are some massive diamond mines in this area, so the k-pipes are there as documented. They called them laughing chasms, I say that's a k-pipe without the dome. I'm more looking for diamonds than Niugun Bootur. But if I find something cool, ...cool.

Do you have any information you would like to share on the area?
I'm still working on the location of the Ottoamokh river, or if it is the same as the above.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here is one I didn't see on your list.

earthdata.nasa.gov...

earthdata.nasa.gov...

That first link is pretty cool because you can zoom in on a location and look at it for different dates.
edit on 11-3-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This is intended to be a reference thread for ATS members to gather the tools for remote research work.
Good idea and useful.

Have you found any good hi res maps of the antarctic ?

I have had a theory for ages that there are other-world beings living there but the only images I can find are very poor res ones from Google earth. I expect any expedition to the Antarctic pays for its map imagery when it is planning its journey but I am too tight to pay for my research!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
yahoo maps loads images lots quicker than google maps, but i don't know if you'll find any hidden stuff there.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

Good idea and useful.

Have you found any good hi res maps of the antarctic ?

I have had a theory for ages that there are other-world beings living there but the only images I can find are very poor res ones from Google earth. I expect any expedition to the Antarctic pays for its map imagery when it is planning its journey but I am too tight to pay for my research!

Try Bing for Antarctica really good resolution in my opinion especially in birds eye mode.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by assspeaker

Had a look at Bing the maps are out of date for my location , Google maps shows my house here in the UK but Bing shows the empty plot , that was 11 years ago

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
thanks for the contributions, I will get the list updated as the tips come in.

Bing looks pretty good over much of Russia, but not Antarctica.
This makes me want to add a section based on country, and our map choice for that location.

I like snow free maps in winter time, due to the see through forest. Some have springtime shown when zoomed out, switching to winter as you zoom in.

As much as possibe, I would like to reference external air maps when sat. data is missing.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Here in the US, map data dates change as you move around, as does the image quality, depending on the map source.

Sometimes, that older map data is nice to have, and compair to the current data.
Thanks for the heads up for the UK.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks for this, I had not seen this. Uber usefull. Love the date range.
Total Awesomeness!

top topics

join