It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hi ATS,
Allow me to introduce myself, pretty normal guy here. Wife, kids, average everything, but I have a lot of complex thoughts always bouncing around my head and I've been searching for a place where those thoughts can be expressed without having to actually see the looks on anyone's face. That is to say, when I try to talk to most people I encounter about anything outside of the mainstream brain-feed found on television I typically get a face before I get a response. Usually in the form of some kind of crinkling or contortion. My ideas have made even attractive people make the most horrendous faces. All joking aside, I've been lurking around the internet for a while, years actually, looking for an appropriate place to settle down and let these ideas bounce around. I'm finding as the years have gone by my sense of urgency in expressing myself has grown exponentially. In my 20's I just liked to talk about off-the-wall stuff to see what kind of ideas other people had, without any real conviction or stability in my own thoughts. Going into my thirties has brought on a whole different set of ideological priorities, and I feel it is time to start gathering my thoughts and making them cohesive. Not just to get a reaction out of people or to test their ability to comprehend the abstract, but to seek input, and possibly answers, and to fine tune my own internal processes. My interests are fairly broad, so there aren't very many topics I won't touch or chime in on. So yeah that's it, my first post, go me.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Teikeon

Welcome to ATS...you sound like you'll fit in well here....

Des

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Welcome to the family, where being horrified is a way of life
Come on in make yourself to home.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ats, see you on the boards.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Teikeon

Welcome..)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Welcome.
In the same boat with averages etc. haha.

I think we should all take a picture of that face, the next time we mention the alternative subjectivity, and use it as our avatars....haha.

cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Welcome to A.T.S.
Embrace that look on their faces,I know the look you mean.
Think of yourself as a gardener who is planting a seed,some won't pop but others will florish.
See you around the site.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Teikeon

Welcome aboard the ship of insanity!!

Glad you climbed aboard and joined the crew

Have fun and outmaneuver your shadow.

Peace and love
-nat

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What look? You mean this one
or maybe this one?
Hmm...maybe this one
or this one

In any case,you have a lot of company here. Hello and welcome!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone, I shall try my very best to be a productive member.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Teikeon

Your intro made me laugh! I'm new too, incidentally. Regarding the contorted faces, in response to conspiracy related topics among your casual acquaintances, I've seen them too!!! Now I don't have any pictures of the faces...but I can assure you it's the exact same look I used to give my mother when I was growing up. Maybe my mother wasn't as weird as I thought she was??? Well anyway, people look at you like you are bat sh*t crazy when you discuss anything other than main stream media topics. We've been conditioned to think this way. I see it happening all around me. Thankfully more and more people are becoming aware, but hiding behind a forum won't solve the problem. We need a more proactive solution. I think we're going to see a lot more contorted faces in the future!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Welcome Home
And don't be intimidated by Trolls
They often use very harsh comments
Try to spot them early

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Welcome Teikeon To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice everyone, I will definitely take it into consideration when posting. I'm already finding there are many super intelligent people that post on this site, but you have to wade through droves of misguided opinions to find the ones that back up words with facts and logic. All in all though the conversation is engaging.

new topics

top topics

join