It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Allah says to Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is what Allah is speaking about Christians in Qur'an.

(5:14) We also took a covenant from those who said: 'We are Christians'; but they forgot a good portion of the teaching they had been imparted with. Wherefore We aroused enmity and spite between them till the Day of Resurrection, and ultimately Allah will tell them what they had contrived.

(5:15) People of the Book! Now Our Messenger has come to you: he makes clear to you a good many things of the Book which you were wont to conceal, and also passes over many things. There has now come to you a light from Allah, and a clear Book.

(5:16) through which Allah shows to all who seek to please Him the paths leading to safety. He brings them out, by His leave, from darkness to light and directs them on to the straight way.

(5:17) Indeed those who said: 'Christ, the son of Mary, he is indeed God', disbelieved. Say (O Muhammad!): 'Who could have overruled Allah had He so willed to destroy Christ, the son of Mary, and his mother, and all those who are on
earth?' For to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them; He creates what He wills. Allah is All-Powerful.

(5:18) The Jews and the Christians say: 'We are Allah's children and His
beloved ones.' Ask them: 'Why, then, does He chastise you for your sins?' You are the same as other men He has created. He forgives whom He wills and chastises whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. To Him is the eventual return.

(5:19) People of the Book! After a long interlude during which no Messengers have appeared there has come to you Our Messenger to elucidate the teaching of the true faith lest you say: 'No bearer of glad tidings and no warner has come to us.' For now there indeed has come to you a bearer of glad tidings and a warner, Allah is All- Power-ful.

Hope we have a good discussion!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

The issue is that Islam see Jesus as a prophet just like Mohammed while the Christians actually believe Jesus died and was resurrected after 3 days while placing him next to god. To me, the Jesus story sounds like a Sun story and it cannot be denied either if you look at what happens with the Sun in December. I don't know, I don't want to offend anyone so I'll leave it at that.

I do believe Jesus was here but I think someone has falsified the story over time. Astrology is apparently forbidden in Islam also and I can only see this when I look at some of the symbolism in the bible.
edit on 11-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Pot meet kettle.

So what are you trying to say? Posting a bunch of quotes doesn't really mean anything.
edit on 11-3-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Pot meet kettle.

So what are you trying to say? Posting a bunch of quotes doesn't really mean anything.

I am trying to say that all humans are equal, none is more dear to God just because they belong to a certain religion be it jews, christians,muslims or any other.
Allah doesn't show favouritism except to ones who are more truthful, do more good and help Allah's creation more.

I hope you'l agree to this in its essence even if you are atheist.(i don't know)
edit on 11-3-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I would say that before criticizing other religions.
Islam needs to clean up its act.

Allah doesn't show favouritism except to ones who are more truthful, do more good and help Allah's creation more.

www.guardian.co.uk...

I am trying to say that all humans are equal, none is more dear to God just because they belong to a certain religion be it jews, christians,muslims or any other.

We can agree to this.
edit on 11-3-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

When it comes down to it, Allah and god are the same thing. From what I can gather if you worship the one eternal creator, Islam is happy regardless of your religion. The problem I have is with Christians who would disagree with what I just said. They actually believe that their god is unique, no other religion can have that god etc which shows me they are not worshipping the one creator but a false god. Its actually sad in some cases.

Allah is the One creator and we are all of his children whether we call him Allah, God, Mike Tyson or anything else
One God for all, simple as that.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Islam is fine, its the Extremists that need to be cleaned up. Government also but in reality, they are doing nothing different than our governments.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

When it comes down to it, Allah and god are the same thing. From what I can gather if you worship the one eternal creator, Islam is happy regardless of your religion.

I agree completely with you, up to there. Not with everything following it, but I agree up to that point to be sure. I personally believe Our Creator came to different peoples in different forms and ways. Some saw Jesus Christ and He came as the Son of God, not a prophet. For that society and period of history, perhaps it was deemed other approaches would fail.

Later, to those in the Middle East, He came as or through Mohammad. To others...other forms in other places and times. Always the same force, entity or being(s), in my opinion. The ring changes frequently while the Ringmaster never leaves.

Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This might be off topic a little, but i t bought that this might contribute in broader understanding in religions in general.

Before trilogy of religions from one religion

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

(5:14) We also took a covenant from those who said: 'We are Christians'; but they forgot a good portion of the teaching they had been imparted with.

That's funny, so did Muhammad. Actually, he didn't forget it, he chose to change it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

(5:18) The Jews and the Christians say: 'We are Allah's children and His
beloved ones.' Ask them: 'Why, then, does He chastise you for your sins?' You are the same as other men He has created. He forgives whom He wills and chastises whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. To Him is the eventual return.

I guess the question is rhetorical
Why is Islam so chastised by the Jews
Every time allahs armys have tried and tried and tried again to dstroy Israel they have been routed.
Israel triumphs over the whole Islamic nations.

Chastised.....I think so. Israel belongs to Yahweh not allah. Your god is chastised by infidels

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I agree completely with you, up to there. Not with everything following it, but I agree up to that point to be sure. I personally believe Our Creator came to different peoples in different forms and ways. Some saw Jesus Christ and He came as the Son of God, not a prophet. For that society and period of history, perhaps it was deemed other approaches would fail.

I can respect people believing the Jesus story, thats their choice but it doesn't sit well with me for some reason. The Old Testament I can roll with because everything said is possible. I know theres some speaking to god etc but the events in reality are very real. The resurrection story sounds very familiar to the Winter Solstice to me and I need to dig a bit more into it even now after a lot of study because I still cant get my head around it..

Later, to those in the Middle East, He came as or through Mohammad. To others...other forms in other places and times. Always the same force, entity or being(s), in my opinion. The ring changes frequently while the Ringmaster never leaves.

Just my two cents.

I agree and I'm not denying that Jesus was here and spread a great message for humanity but I think somewhere through time, someone has cut and paste a few verses to suit their agenda. I could be wrong and proven wrong if he does return but I can't convince myself that the story is 100% correct.
edit on 11-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

So if Islam worship the one eternal creator and Israel's god is not that creator, then what the hell are they worshipping? You do see what I'm saying, dont you? I realise the same god may of sent a different message but it still doesn't make sense.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
you guys are completely bonkers...

Gods, prophets, demigods, virgins...when I red these things as a child...It was called "mythology". Greek mythology was my favorite.

Why you think that your mythology is not mythology, but the truth...is beyond me. There is evidence for Allah or Jahwe as much as there is for Zeus or Jupiter...

bedtime stories...but you enjoy it guys.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If you can "roll" with the Old Testament, you might want to check out what it says about the coming of Christ, the details prophesied regarding both his death and resurrection that is in it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I would say that before criticizing other religions. Islam needs to clean up its act.

i agree with you in part and DarknStormy did put it nicely.
Muslims do need to clean up but thats not the whole picture, Islam is being demonised much more than what is happening.

The link to whats happening in somalia that you put is wrong and i would not back it.
I'l just ask do you consider it as islam?
Its the same as if you consider what american troops sometimes do to be a judge of american values.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KurdishKing

This might be off topic a little, but i t bought that this might contribute in broader understanding in religions in general.

Before trilogy of religions from one religion

thanks for the link, it will sure help in understanding.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by grey580

Islam is fine, its the Extremists that need to be cleaned up. Government also but in reality, they are doing nothing different than our governments.

I would agree with you in theory.
But if you look into things. You'll see that there is a pervasive ingrained hate towards others that are not of Islam.
Especially minorities and other religions.

Watch the vid and learn.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

(5:14) We also took a covenant from those who said: 'We are Christians'; but they forgot a good portion of the teaching they had been imparted with.

That's funny, so did Muhammad. Actually, he didn't forget it, he chose to change it.

That is your opinion and that sadly is the only major disagreement between us. Unfortunately it has no way of compromise

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The Old Testament I can roll with because everything said is possible.

It's funny you should put it that way. In all the major religions for what is ascribed to The One, Messiah, Prophet, God or Son of God ..however any given Faith puts it, there is an odd thing to observe. Here is where I probably lose most on all sides of organized religion, but so be it. I never was out for a popularity contest. lol...

Actually take a moment and look at the things Jesus was recorded to have done and with some detail, no less. How much...if any of it...couldn't have been done with modern technology or, if not, technology we can at least foresee the development of? How many examples in other Faiths don't fall into the same category?

I personally think the Bible Quran and Talmud all have some truth and basis, as they're all from the same original source, as I mentioned I believe. The Bible is a bit different in that it was as much a historic record to those writing it in many ways, as the record of strict scripture. It certainly reads that way and is valuable in that sense as well, IMO.

So I think everything Jesus did or was described as doing was quite possible ..or will be at some point we can predict in our time. (Same with the other Faiths) Who knows who or what God really is? I never claimed to know the answer on that part of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join