It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Says That He Is Now Part Of The Death Panel On Cavuto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Many people hate the free market system
But what you have here are all the realistic negatives in a free market without the positives.
Save money by selected care with very little affordable alternatives due to public care.

Free Market does not claim to be a utopia.
Free healthcare does, but please watch this video

Look at that form on who should get care and who shouldn't!

Will Liberal news stations talk about this?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Having paid attention to this issue the following can be stated:

There have always been death panels in the hospitals, but not in the capacity that is being seen here. What these pannels did, is when someone dies of a cause that is unknown, they would get together to compare notes and to come up with a cause and if it was or is contagious.

But having reviewed the video that is provided it should give us pause to think, do we really need the federal government dictating what medical proceedure a person can and can not have all based on a series of criteria? Is that not like putting a price on a person, stating, yes you can have this done, but sorry you can not have this other proceedure done due to the cost or your age?

Personally I don't want the federal government invovled any more in my life than it already is, or determining if I should or should not have a proceedure done, all cause of what it may cost in the long run. They do not do well with money, and can not seem to figure out what is the wisest course of action. Many medical technologies and treatments all came around, not from the government dictating such, but rather it was that there was a problem that affected many and that they mandated that cures for such be brought about. Not to say sorry you have this, we can not help you, but lets keep trying as hard and fast as possible, so we can attempt to cure the person or help the next person who has the exact same problem down the road.

The federal government is ill prepared for what is about to hit, and it is coming fast, as the years progress, an issue that I am well too familiar about, that will hit the majority of the people around the world, a tsunami that is going to make some of the past problems seem like childs play compared to what is starting to ramp up. Perhaps they need to start to get proactive in their approach to the problems that affect the people, rather than create more red tape that binds and affects everyone. (Personally I would like to see all 545 members of congress end up with a few of the problems and have to deal with such, maybe it would then mean that there would be real change in the health care laws, and not just something we have to pass to see what is in it.)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sadly, this may get little attention. I dont think people are really going
to get upset until it hits them. When they pay double for bare bones
health care due to Obamacare, then they will get upset.

When they lose a loved one due to these death panel's, they
will be hurt, then they will be angry....but its too late very soon.

Repeal Obamacare, and support your Senators, and Representives
that will work to do that! Otherwise, get ready to open your purse and pockets
turn them inside out and shake it all out....
edit on 10-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I live in the UK where we have free healthcare, free prescription medication (in some areas), and free dental (although in reality, you can't find a dentist who does "free" work). I'm not going to suggest we have the better system. My opinion is that the National Health Service in the UK is still pretty good by and large.

We do however have issues with health care professionals essentially euthanizing elderly patients and being given financial rewards for doing so. The system is called Liverpool Care Pathway, and NHS trusts using the system can get paid millions of pounds for hitting their targets. The usual method of murder involves the removal of hydration and nutrition from dying patients.

So it appears we have the same problem as the states. I suppose in about 20 to 30 years I can look forward to some jackass pulling my tubes out and telling my son "It's for the best".

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I really hope you don't think we live in a free market system.

This is far from a free market.

First step of a free market is sound money.

Not fiat currency.

Fiat money is money that derives its value from government regulation or law.

How can you say this is a free market when our economy is manipulated by Government and Law?

Edit:

I really wanna stress with you the difference between our "Market" and that of a "Free Market"

In a Free Market society.

You as an individual take responsibility for YOUR health care. This means you are the grim reaper when it comes to death.

Thus you will never be on a "Death Panel"

Also, In a "Free Market" system you do not have ANYONE telling you what you can and cannot use.

If you choose to use a specific drug (Would love to name a few that are illegal right now and actually very beneficial) than that is YOUR choice since it is YOUR life.

In a Free Market system. The Dr's are not afraid to heal you a certain way without the Government taking their Medical License.

In a Free Market system. You have the choice to do what you would like to do. Make money the way you would like to make it.

This is far from a free market my friend.

Taking control of your own health (There are many methods to live very long, prosperous and healthy. They don't come from a Dr that practices on you) is the first step.

The Government does not want this.

Free Market

"Unhindered by external regulation or control by government or monopolies."

edit on 10-3-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

A year or so ago, there was a government report that women over a certain age shouldn't be getting so many tests.

Recently, we had seen reports where women aren't getting tested enough.

I've even authored a thread about reports where men shouldn't be getting PSA tests.

Now we have "The Mortality Index".

How far does the government have to go until we say ENOUGH?

Palin was right.

Suck on THAT, haters!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
I really hope you don't think we live in a free market system.

No we unfortunately do not live in a free market society

If we did we would have a much better standard of living and much less corruption in politics

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

But surely in a free market het politicians are able to sell their services as they see fit??

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigguratvertigo
I live in the UK where we have free healthcare, free prescription medication (in some areas), and free dental (although in reality, you can't find a dentist who does "free" work). I'm not going to suggest we have the better system. My opinion is that the National Health Service in the UK is still pretty good by and large.

We do however have issues with health care professionals essentially euthanizing elderly patients and being given financial rewards for doing so. The system is called Liverpool Care Pathway, and NHS trusts using the system can get paid millions of pounds for hitting their targets. The usual method of murder involves the removal of hydration and nutrition from dying patients.

So it appears we have the same problem as the states. I suppose in about 20 to 30 years I can look forward to some jackass pulling my tubes out and telling my son "It's for the best".

Lucky you.

We now have healthcare premiums that costs us a fortune, a penalty tax if we don't pay the outrageous premiums, a lack of doctors accepting government financial assisted patients, and we STILL get to be murdered by our 'doctors' at their discretion. Woo hooo

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
We all knew these death panels were coming, that is just the way the new liberal government works. If you think about it, New Liberalism is all about destroying and antagonizing any source of income and trying to make do with rationing.

But combine death panels with a government that doesn't have any money to begin with, and who, exactly, is going to get any benefit from their public health coverage? No one? Why are we being FORCED to pay for it, then?
edit on 10-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm glad my wife retired with locked in healthcare. It's going to be crazy stupid codtly when they do the math on payers and recievers. Too few to pay too many to enjoy. Like my stepson said sooner or later you won't need to work to live good

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As mentioned before. We in the uk have the Liverpool solution. Where I livei it is slightly different because who you are matters. One of my clients is terminally ill, he isalovely bloke and I could listen to him reminisce or hours. How he made it to Christmas is a miracle, he has now been diagnosed with cancer in the ears on top of various other cancers and having dialysis twice a week. And they are going to operate? As it happens this gentleman used to be in charge of our local hospital system (and no he was not the accountant type) he was dismayed to put it politely when he found out re entry about the Liverpool system. Everyone here has paid into social security which pays for medical care pension etc, it is based on a percentage of wages ie you pay 3% of your wages per month. Obviously the higher your wage the higher your contribution but your pension will be the same as every other contributor. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the more you contribute the more valuable you are to the system, therefore it pays to keep higher earners alive to subsidise the low to no income populace. The truth is we are facing over population with an ageing society and the money has to come from somewhere to prepare for the future. Therefore the natural monetary solution would be to limit the resources to those who do not contribute or those who contribute very little to the system. Accountants rule the world simply

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Been slightly skeptical of these views earlier on them doing death panels but open to discussion, must say I'm not shocked. Health care being monopolized already, one might say they have been doing this especially with people inside of the low income bracket, "risky" patients( such as - alcoholics that will bleed during surgery) even to the elderly. Starts with the elderly. Unfortunately it can lead to even more brackets of who is going to be labeled "too this" or "too that" for surgery or care.
edit on 10-3-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why the confusion?

Can people really be this dumb, really?

If you pay me to pay YOUR bills, of course I am going to dictate how and what is done to you. That would be my job. Insurance is - JUST IN CASE, not the same as - pay as you go, and insurance is there to make a profit for the company, not pay your bills, in fact, it is supposed to try and avoid paying your bills if it can. Insurance is not a guarantee!!! State insurance is not a guarantee either, in fact, it is the worst of all worlds as the State only does what is best for the State, the individual does not exist in the eye of the State - ever.

Everyone, EVERYONE, every single person is FREE to pay for the service of a doctor themselves, they can go in, open their wallet and pay for an exam or "treatment" without a problem, just like you pay for gasoline, or food. I did this last week, I went to my physican of choice, my specialty chiropractor, and paied for his service, the State was not involved, in fact, the State would not cover my visit, but oddly enough, after the visit the problem was solved for far less then the stay would agree to pay for another treatment. You are FREE to do this yourself, but...........................

When you ask the State to take over paying your bills, or to cover the services you want, you fully, completely and universally give up the right to determine what services you receive - end of story.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Seems like its just a recycled fear mongering hit piece, are you gullible enough to believe that Fox News would invite someone that agreed with Obamacare?

Things must be slow at World Net Daily and Breitbart huh?

top topics

join