What would happen if the earth were hollow?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I understand exactly what you posted. You asked me what led to me believing angular momentum as the creator of gravity. I told you, it is the movement of the object. There is no gravity without movement. Period.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I understand exactly what you posted. You asked me what led to me believing angular momentum as the creator of gravity. I told you, it is the movement of the object. There is no gravity without movement. Period.

I disagree with that idea. When things become cold, electrons slow down. Which means less movement. If you had a cold bottle of water, it wouldn't fall any less fast because it's cold if you dropped it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Everything is moving, period. How cold is space? Things are still moving. Without movement, there is no gravity.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

I am drawn immediately to the words, "...most agree." In other words, there is still no consensus. I am not disputing mass is certainly a factor; however, the key is movement. What we have seen indicates the larger the object, the faster the movement, and the stronger the gravity of that object. Again, nothing is stationary.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join