It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the earth were hollow?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I understand exactly what you posted. You asked me what led to me believing angular momentum as the creator of gravity. I told you, it is the movement of the object. There is no gravity without movement. Period.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I understand exactly what you posted. You asked me what led to me believing angular momentum as the creator of gravity. I told you, it is the movement of the object. There is no gravity without movement. Period.

I disagree with that idea. When things become cold, electrons slow down. Which means less movement. If you had a cold bottle of water, it wouldn't fall any less fast because it's cold if you dropped it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Everything is moving, period. How cold is space? Things are still moving. Without movement, there is no gravity.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

I am drawn immediately to the words, "...most agree." In other words, there is still no consensus. I am not disputing mass is certainly a factor; however, the key is movement. What we have seen indicates the larger the object, the faster the movement, and the stronger the gravity of that object. Again, nothing is stationary.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join