It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the earth were hollow?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
According to Jesus it IS hollow...

In Matthew 12:40, Jesus says:

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "

Ephesians 4:9, says of Jesus: "Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH."

Jesus spoke again, "Hell has a body (like a human form) lying on her back in the center of the earth. Hell is shaped like a human body- very large and with many chambers of torment. Remember to tell the people of earth that hell is real. Millions of lost souls are here, and more are coming every day."

Divine Revelation of Hell

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
According to Jesus it IS hollow...

In Matthew 12:40, Jesus says:

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "

Ephesians 4:9, says of Jesus: "Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH."

Jesus spoke again, "Hell has a body (like a human form) lying on her back in the center of the earth. Hell is shaped like a human body- very large and with many chambers of torment. Remember to tell the people of earth that hell is real. Millions of lost souls are here, and more are coming every day."

Divine Revelation of Hell

Don't forget. The Bible also says the bat is a bird.
Deuteronomy 14:11-18

Wait. How did Jonah survive being in a whale's stomach? He'd be digested. Did God make him invincible to the stomach acid? Or did he make the whale not eat? Even if he could survive, it would be painful, and he wouldn't look very good.

edit on 10-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Originally posted by blahxd67
Wait. How did Jonah survive being in a whale's stomach? He'd be digested.

The same way that Jesus survived three days and nights in the heart of the Earth.

Jonah was not concerned about the fish during those three days.

A quote from Jesse Duplantis' book on his visit to heaven in 1988 where he writes of an interesting conversation he had with Jonah in heaven before returning to earth:

I was so interested in knowing about that whale that swallowed him. I wanted to know if it was a fish or a whale and what it had been like to be in the belly of a fish for three days and three nights. I rushed up to him and said, "Boy, you were in that whale! How was it being in that fish?"

It seemed to me that he hesitated, as though he felt discontentment just for a second. I felt that maybe I had brought an unpleasant event to his memory he had been allowed to forget. Then Jonah corrected me. He said, "No, I was in disobedience." "Disobedience," I repeated, realizing I had focused on the wrong part of the story.

But I could see now that Jonah wasn't concerned so much about the fish during those three days; he was concerned about his disobedience to God. "Disobedience is a powerful thing against you. Not only in the life that you live now, but here."

I remember his exact words to me. He said, "God's Word must be followed to the letter." Jonah continued, "When I came out of there, I had one thing on my mind, and that was to do what God had told me to do.

Close Encounters of the God Kind

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Except for the fact that "hollow earth" is just a misnomer. It's more like swiss cheese than hollow. You want an idea of what the real hollow earth is like, go to Mammoth Caves in Kentucky or Kartchner Caverns in Arizona or that cavern system in Vietnam that is so big it has it's own trees growing in it (it was in Natl' Geographic) or any number of places where there are huge cave systems. Or look at the DUMBS which are said to go on for miles and miles.

Just because the Earth has a molten core doesn't mean there isn't plenty of room for lots of other stuff to be going on. It's can't be an argument against hollow earth when it's based on a misunderstanding of what HE really is.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by blahxd67
Wait. How did Jonah survive being in a whale's stomach? He'd be digested.

The same way that Jesus survived three days and nights in the heart of the Earth.

Jonah was not concerned about the fish during those three days.

A quote from Jesse Duplantis' book on his visit to heaven in 1988 where he writes of an interesting conversation he had with Jonah in heaven before returning to earth:

I was so interested in knowing about that whale that swallowed him. I wanted to know if it was a fish or a whale and what it had been like to be in the belly of a fish for three days and three nights. I rushed up to him and said, "Boy, you were in that whale! How was it being in that fish?"

It seemed to me that he hesitated, as though he felt discontentment just for a second. I felt that maybe I had brought an unpleasant event to his memory he had been allowed to forget. Then Jonah corrected me. He said, "No, I was in disobedience." "Disobedience," I repeated, realizing I had focused on the wrong part of the story.

But I could see now that Jonah wasn't concerned so much about the fish during those three days; he was concerned about his disobedience to God. "Disobedience is a powerful thing against you. Not only in the life that you live now, but here."

I remember his exact words to me. He said, "God's Word must be followed to the letter." Jonah continued, "When I came out of there, I had one thing on my mind, and that was to do what God had told me to do.

Close Encounters of the God Kind

Sorry, but I don't believe these "visits to heaven." It could be nothing more than a dream or hallucination. Heck, he could be lying.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Obviously the Earth has caves and related "hollow" features that have been found so far no more than a few km deep, and they can be quite interesting places. And there are probably caves we haven't found yet and some might be deeper.

But the suggestion there's one giant cave after you get past a certain depth defies several aspects of physics, so it's a pretty silly idea to people that know something about physics. I suppose that's the point of the video, to teach people something about physics.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Picture to give a better idea of how thick the earth really is:

The Hollow Earth theory doesn't have any weight to it.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Obviously the Earth has caves and related "hollow" features that have been found so far no more than a few km deep, and they can be quite interesting places. And there are probably caves we haven't found yet and some might be deeper.

But the suggestion there's one giant cave after you get past a certain depth defies several aspects of physics, so it's a pretty silly idea to people that know something about physics. I suppose that's the point of the video, to teach people something about physics.

There are caves...but in the crust. People are suggesting that below the crust, it's completely hollowed out. Then some claim there's a central sun and that there's civilizations in this so called hollow earth.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

on this, jesus and satan agree...

job 1;7 ...

And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
King James Bible "Authorized Version", Pure Cambridge Edition

of course, later versions have changed this...

The LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come? Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.""
New American Standard Version (1995)

it's an obvious conspiracy to conceal the truth.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The molten core ENERGY can be another more solid ENERGY equivalent somewhat like a smaller star. And as another member posted its nice to be all cozy Inside your home instead of on the roof right

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Maybe HONYCOMED better describes with vast caverns that can hold liquids hot/cold liquids etc.
edit on 3/10/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Maybe.
Or maybe the Earth isn't hollow.

Explanation: St*rred!

You and I have discussed such things before in this thread ...

Is Planet Earth really Hollowed? (by ^anubis^ posted on 24-1-2010 @ 09:17 PM) [ATS]

And that depends on the scale one is viewing the issue from and here is why ...

You are indeed correct that from our 1m 1s 1kg scale of observation the earth does not appear and nor is it mostly hollow!

However science has a different standpoint which is on the 1nanometer, 1nanosecond, 1nanogram scale and I quote myself replying to you on that issue ...

No. The Earth is not hollow.

That is NOT scientific FACT and HERE is WHY....

Atom size [wiki]

Atomic radius [wiki]

Yahoo Answers [answers.yahoo.com]

What % of an atom is empty? [physicsforums.com]

Wiki Answers [wiki.answers.com]

Hydrogen Atom Scale Model [phrenopolis.com]

Personal Disclosure:
So yeah...from a scientific POV the Earth is 99.9999999999999% HOLLOW!!!

Both are correct!

Perosnal Disclosure: Let us all get some facts first, then we can distort them as we please ok!

@The OP aka blahxd67 ... Please DEFINE a set scale standpoint ... because this is the science forum and the ambiguity is quite noticable and regretable. Great vid btw ... S&F!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I'm talking about it being completely hollowed out. But if it was just the center, there would be no magnetic field. Which means we'd all be dead. If it was completely hollowed out with a molten core inside(I do not believe that to be possible), you wouldn't be able to live inside without some kind of suit, because there wouldn't be enough oxygen.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Picture to give a better idea of how thick the earth really is:

The Hollow Earth theory doesn't have any weight to it.

Yes but... I hope you know thats just a theory. Ok, so its the "mainly accepted theory" but still... just a theory. Kinda hard to believe that we actually don't know what our planet really is like or what is it made of, but... truth is all we have is a theory so... embrace and accept our ignorance regarding our own planet.

Actually... about pretty much everything - all we have is theories. Dinosaurs, extinction level events, human evolution, composition of the earth, sun, etc, anything regarding the creation of the planet, moon, universe, how planets form, why are they all round, why do they spin and the directions they spin, why are they tilted and even how our solar system works or what lies deep beneath our oceans... all theories. We can't even accurately date man-man constructions like the pyramids - every year a journal comes out with a new date, a "oops we were wrong last year" note. Look we just started drilling a LAKE, ok? And behold at least one new life form - we discover new species of fauna and flora everyday
That should tells us a lot about our actual knowledge.

Problem is... sometimes we settle with theories and that's ok, because we have no other way of knowing it - think of it as "the explanation that makes more sense according to our conventional thinking". Its so much easier to believe in a solid planet than in a hollow one - sure there are people who study this, but as far as "mainstream knowledge" to teach in schools and all that, one thing you dont want to say is "look, this is A, A = 1 of course it could be =2 or =3 or =4 we don't really know, so... in the next exam, A=1 is a correct answer. But if you want it to =2 or =3 or =4 its fine really because we really don't know jack - if you provide the right theory grounded on a solid line of thought, and if it makes sense, then pretty much A=broccoli - good luck everyone" that would defeat the purpose of the completely obsolete teaching method we still have today that dates back to the late 18th century virtually unchanged for 200 years and we, as a species (our minds, our average intelligence, our way of thinking, ourselves actually) have evolved beyond that method, yet the method is still applied but thats a discussion for another thread.

Our really good theories usually take 100 years to be taken seriously (of course during that time, again few study it, but the large majority mocks it due to mainstream theories) - just look at "tesla's wirless power" - 120 years and we still didnt manage to mass produce, or to bring to the masses some 120 year old technology.

Not saying the earth is hollow, nor that is faithful to the model we learn in school, just saying that... it could be hollow - unless we prove its not, it could be. It has not been written off as "impossible" so... I just take both the hollow and the solid as valid theories unless, again, we have absolute proof of what we're talking about.

Funny how the human mind works - if your neighbor just came up to you and said "I've been to mars" you'd require proof, absolute proof, or else you just wouldnt believe him - and well I need not to go that far actually - he could say he just won the lottery or that he shot a deer 5 miles away with a bb gun, you'd require proof to substantiate such claim - yet, Mr Dr Phd whatever comes and says something as massive as "the universe was formed 13.700 billion years" and we accept it as truth - hell taking mathematics and probabilities into consideration, I think its more probable that your neighbor actually managed to shot a deer 5 miles away with a bb gun...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Explanation: St*rred!

Then phage would be correct!

The earth at that scale you have set for us to view from is not mostly hollow at all!

Personal Disclsoure: And here is why I agree with that ...

When I was in 6th grade primary school I had to do a project on any explorer I wished to choose!

I chose Sir Robert Falcon Scott and his Epic and also Failed Anatarctic (mis)adventure in his race with Roald Amudsen to the South Pole.

His expedition was not just about the race for the pole itself BUT also included a LOT of science being conducted and that is what actually helped finance his previous expeditions to the South Pole.

Discovery Expedition 1901–1904

The expedition had both scientific and exploration objectives; the latter included a long journey south, in the direction of the South Pole. This march, undertaken by Scott, Ernest Shackleton and Edward Wilson, took them to a latitude of 82° 17′ S, about 530 miles (850 km) from the pole. A harrowing return journey brought about Shackleton's physical collapse and his early departure from the expedition. The second year showed improvements in technique and achievement, culminating in Scott's western journey which led to the discovery of the Polar Plateau. This has been described by one writer as "one of the great polar journeys". The scientific results of the expedition included important biological, zoological and geological findings. Some of the meteorological and magnetic readings, however, were later criticised as amateurish and inaccurate

Terra Nova Expedition 1910–1912

It was the expressed hope of the RGS that this expedition would be "scientific primarily, with exploration and the Pole as secondary objects" but, unlike the Discovery Expedition, neither they nor the Royal Society were in charge this time. In his expedition prospectus, Scott stated that its main objective was "to reach the South Pole, and to secure for the British Empire the honour of this achievement". Scott had, as Markham observed, been "bitten by the Pole mania".

Scott at the South Pole.

Scott in happier times.

His journey took him and his men and their gear ...

Scott with his men.

... VERY close by where Admiral Byrd 'claims' to have found a MASSIVE hole into the 'claimed' Hollow Earth ... which includes the claim of its own internal sun existing!

Scott would NOT have passed up such an opportunity to detail and investigate such things ... such as the internal suns light esacping from the 'claimed' holes at the poles which would have become quite noticable when blizzards were forming (i.e. they would have been highlighted by the internal suns light escaping from the holes at the poles)!

Especially as he lost the race and would have been desparate to redeem himself.

He doesn't detail anything whatsoever about such things in his diary!

Nor does Roald Amudsen mention anything of the like!

The hollow earth theory is clearly a HOAX!

I hope this helps!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Here we go with the "just a theory" thing again. This is the first definition of theory: "A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena." In science, theory is the best you can get.

By the way, you can find this definition at thefreedictionary.com. I meant to post it but forgot

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
there would be no life on earth

without the magnetosphere created by the moving magma at the core, no protection from solar winds and radiation

so yeah the earth is not hollow, ad there are no dinosaurs down there

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

(... VERY close by where Admiral Byrd 'claims' to have found a MASSIVE hole into the 'claimed' Hollow Earth ... which includes the claim of its own internal sun existing! )
guess the germans have found it earlyer....:-) kicking adm.Byrd away from it....

US Navy's operation highjump

www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-3-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I do believe Aurora Borealis isn't just Northern Lights.
edit on 10-3-2013 by cass1dy09 because: fixed

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join