It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea television takes a look at american poverty - The other side of propaganda

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Americans drink snow, live in tents, depend on drugs and buy guns to kill children....apparently.

I see this as the other side of the propaganda we see, north koreans eat their kids for example.

Any Korean speakers that can verify what is being translated????
edit on 9-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The North Koreans have obviously got a wicked sense of humour. I love the part about eating the birds on Tuesday. "Yummy"

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
lol this is hilarious!!! will someone that speaks korean please verify or debunk this?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
He has a real fixation with melted snow in cups, doesn't he? Even the people in the Subways are drinking cups of water...from snow. He says so. Must be true. Ditto on the double points of how there are no birds (in the dead of winter on snow covered trees) because the homeless ate them all.

I'd say this belongs better in the jokes forum and content wise, it probably does. Nice catch as a current event though in that this seems completely serious and kinda like the old Soviet type/East Bloc propaganda I've seen. So out of touch and over the top, it's just not what a Western mind would even fake. Not the same things that way.

How... bizarre.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

haha yea it seems too funny to be real, BUT, who knows?? I suppose when you look at some of the stuff our western governments say, and expect us to believe..anything is possible.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well. This means that in this enlightenment on American life by North korea, that I must be living VERY high class right now. in this luxurious double wide.

So I guess thank you Korea for raising my actual class from poverty to almost god like. haha

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hahaha...I wonder if they get to see and hear the propaganda that the West says about them and laugh just as hard?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I always enjoy a bird on Tuesday, in my tent, of course.

This is really eye opening and just goes to show how easily the media can propagate various ideas.

S&F

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Why be bothered to catch birds and go to my tent when I can sleep on a park bench waiting for my heroin?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

So basically they are saying that American citizens are just like theirs... minus the sanctioned rape, torture and fratricide anyway.
I feel so bad for the North Korean people. I spent a year in South Korea, and the Korean people are wonderful. South Korea both wants and fears reunification... they want their divided nation and divided families to be whole again... what they fear is the potential collapse of their economy with what would be entailed... A reunited Korea would struggle for many years to bring the north into the 21st century. The north's infrastructure, or lack thereof, will take decades alone to modernize.
If you want an interesting perspective, read their English version newspaper on line, the Rodong Sinmun. It is a great study in propaganda of this highly withdrawn nation.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
and believe it or not..

this is the only source from which they can know something about the US..

so dont be surprised if all North Koreans believes this

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The video commentator is obviously taking the pee pee (good old northern England sense of humour right there, lol).

Personally, I just laughed very loud at that vid....but I doubt it is real.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

That is perfectly acceptable, as long as you don't do that on Tuesday. Tuesdays are reserved for bird eating.

Excuse me, I need to go gather some snow now. I am very thirsty.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If they had TV's and electricity in North Korea, I'd bet they might.

Care to guess where on the map North Korea sits?

I'd tell the guy in the video that at least we have electrical lighting across 99% of our nation ...but I'm not sure he would where he personally lives back home, eh? Looks pretty dark up there.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's not fair! What if everyone was sleeping? How do I know that picture wasn't taken on Earth Day and only the NK's were observing it? C'mon Wrabbit, get with the program and list your sources...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Do they also know that we drink the blood of any North Korean that gets to close?

I like my N. Korean liver with fava beans and a nice chianti.

edit on 9-3-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You're right. Perhaps NASA waited until the CIA told them the North was about to have a nation-wide blackout drill in preparation for bombing from the evil capitalists in the West. So...they watched and carefully waiting until all but two goobers (you can see the faint little lights there) turned their lights out they then snapped the million dollar (many millions probably..) picture!

You have to admire the sheer lengths and costs America goes to for a propaganda photo, huh?

(trying not to laugh too hard)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Now you're starting to make sense!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
PMSL!

The voice over is splendid, absolute genius!

Either the N.Koreans have a great sense of humour as suggested above, or someone's having a real hoot!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Propaganda works both ways, the west makes up tonnes of bs everyday. Its good to see some being thrown back

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join