It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea television takes a look at american poverty - The other side of propaganda

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
We don't drink snow water we practically ALL drink soda. Get it right.

I could have sworn it was babies blood in a starbucks cup that dude was drinking. That video was priceless.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ouch...Truth hurts...

There are more poor in America than the entire Korean Peninsula.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mypan
Ouch...Truth hurts...

Erm. 360 million Americans. How many in North Korea are not poor? You think the people of North Korea are doing well? Christ. I need a hammer to hit myself with.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
"this video is private" so can't watch it, anyone happen to copy it?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik
"this video is private" so can't watch it, anyone happen to copy it?

It, in all it's excellence is on the page proceeding this one.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
No one's caught on this wasn't filmed in the states?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

literally.

That was amazing, how is this not from the onion? ROFLMAO

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

literally.

That was amazing, how is this not from the onion? ROFLMAO

I thought it was the onion at first too...is that NINJA in your avatar?

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Ouch...Truth hurts...

Erm. 360 million Americans. How many in North Korea are not poor? You think the people of North Korea are doing well? Christ. I need a hammer to hit myself with.

CJ

Census: U.S. Poverty Rate Spikes, Nearly 50 Million Americans Affected

LINK

Sorry to have hurt you with your own hammer.
Try Denying Ignorance for once.
This thread is about the poor in America and their numbers are rising.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Ouch...Truth hurts...

CJ

LINK

Er, yeah. So by your figures one out of every seven American citizens are in poverty - terrible and absurd, agreed. In North Korea there are about 25 million people - maybe one out of 70,000 are not in poverty. So your point is skewed and not relevant.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mypan

Im pretty sure the thread is about NK propaganda.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Ouch...Truth hurts...

CJ

LINK

Er, yeah. So by your figures one out of every seven American citizens are in poverty - terrible and absurd, agreed. In North Korea there are about 25 million people - maybe one out of 70,000 are not in poverty. So your point is skewed and not relevant.

CJ

Your information about the poverty in NK comes solely from your Government.

I would suggest that you think on that for a while. Many elements of that NK video are in fact accurate, it is just taken to extremes. The same extreme as NK parents eating their children. Before you laugh at other's propaganda, look at the stuff you are fed.

No Offense intended.

P

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

No offense taken. My views of North Korea are not coming from US government sources.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Unthoughtful Americans!

Why don`t the people who live on park benchs next to their dead friends in blue body bags,just eat their dead friends?

That way there`d be more birds to eat on tuesday and more space on the park benchs ready for all the other people who will need a seat soon because American houses blow down easy!.

But you guys think you have it rough,I`m typing this on the way to work on the back of a kangaroo in 120 degree heat with no snow to eat, we have to lick our arm pits for moisture!

I`m moving to NK.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I like your brand of humor. bravo

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
He has a real fixation with melted snow in cups, doesn't he? Even the people in the Subways are drinking cups of water...from snow. He says so. Must be true. Ditto on the double points of how there are no birds (in the dead of winter on snow covered trees) because the homeless ate them all.

I'd say this belongs better in the jokes forum and content wise, it probably does. Nice catch as a current event though in that this seems completely serious and kinda like the old Soviet type/East Bloc propaganda I've seen. So out of touch and over the top, it's just not what a Western mind would even fake. Not the same things that way.

How... bizarre.

lol, the only joke here is that Americans seem to be shrugging off kim and the NKA. propaganda's purpose is to brainwash the population into a false belief. something the American government mastered decades ago, this is why you cant say "red" to loud in America or people stop drop and roll around underneath there classroom desks.
Thing is, what we think about it doesnt matter, the people it is aimed at is the general populace of NK, and what we should be concerned with is just what is the underpinning message here to the people and what is the moral effect and why.
the simple fact that you straight up thought this was aimed at you shows arrogance beyond comprehension.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Although it is very funny, I don't think its real. I think the english person "translating" is just making it up either as he goes, or reading from a self-made script. The video seems to be something more like a news report on the snow storms or something, with video of large amounts of snow, and broken houses. I mean what type of people would fit into those blue "body bags" for example? Also note how it mentioned Europe, at around 2:17, so I would think its about the snow storms or something, not US poverty. Also note at around 2:54, where the "translator" starts quietly saying something about "that mans taking..." and then doesn't really finish the sentence, then at around 3:11 when the Korean woman is saying a long sentence all the "translator" notes is "yummy".

Or perhaps it was real. I can see NK doing this type of propaganda to make their people think that their conditions are the same as all around the world, and to show that NK is actually helping other nations (although not sure about how helping USA fits in with destroying USA)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Other than the propaganda and crazy ruler of that North Korea... Vietnam is not much different in a lot of places. I've only been here 4 months, but my facebook page has got plenty of pics from different remote villages I've been to. Generally, I pass through the poorest places when I'm on my way to some new awesome waterfall

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Ouch...Truth hurts...

CJ

LINK

CJ

Your information about the poverty in NK comes solely from your Government.

I would suggest that you think on that for a while. Many elements of that NK video are in fact accurate, it is just taken to extremes. The same extreme as NK parents eating their children. Before you laugh at other's propaganda, look at the stuff you are fed.

No Offense intended.

P

A star for you, thanks for replying on my behalf.

Just wondering why most Americans refused point blank believing that there are wide spread poverty in the US of A. and rising and soon the most prized possessions are going to be your guns and bullets.

Propaganda or not, there are many who wants to do better but the continuous apathy/chest thumping on subjects that belittling America are met with derisions and contempt.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Youtube says the video is PRIVATE ???

Anyway how does North Korea explain that they import food from us?

Yes we have people who live in tents and possibly drink snow, but look at our population, we are heavy to fat. Finding a skinny person is rare. Look at NK's photos of their army. Gads they are skinny to a man/woman.

Only the supreme leader and the generals are plump.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join