It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New BBC series this month.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Coming this November to the BBC. Space Odyssey.

''Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets
Coming soon on BBC One, a programme revealing the dangers and spectacles of exploring other planets in the solar system.

Join in the journey and dive below the ice of one of Jupiter's moons or get lost in a Venusian sulphuric acid storm...''

From the trailers that they've started showing tonight, this looks like another 'must watch' programme on the BBC. If it's half as good as the Power of Nightmares series it'll be fantastic. What's going on, that's two good series in a month.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Nice, thanks for the info

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yeah, iv seen the adverts for that prog too, looks exellent and hopefully will inspire people to put space back into the forefront again where it should be. Honestly we should be on mars already.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on this program, Seen a little about it and it looks great.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The trailers are great...But have a look at the book that goes with the series ...It looks BRILLIANT!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
looks like a great program -- let us know what you think about it -- then I can only hope someone picks it up over here so I can see it too.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
of high interest. could someone record this to a harddrive and share it via bit torrent to the rest of the community. that would be nice.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by feyd rautha
of high interest. could someone record this to a harddrive and share it via bit torrent to the rest of the community. that would be nice.

I would, but alas I don't get BBC

This does look like a intersting series though, only makes me wish I got BBC even more...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If it was something REALLY important, it wouldn't be shown on BBC. Also, CNN > BBC.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is a Must See!

I seen the trailer and although obviously its not REALLY important, it will allow us all to see the planets and whatnot in full 3D recreation, now that is good!

It almost looks as good as some Sci-Fi movies, i will be watching this series all the way through.

I love how BBC creates these amazing series of educational programs about issues we only are able to read about or see static images/text etc

To the BBC!

Also if anyone wants to see this series it will no doubt be on Bittorrent just go to suprnova.org (NOT .com or .net as these are scams) and just click the search link.(Usually new series are on the day after they are shown on TV)

I think it starts this Friday right?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It can be bought on DVD i think it comes out in the UK on the 16th of november, no boubt it will be for sale on play.com or amazon.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
When it comes to documentaries, BBC is number one, nobody makes them like they do. Simply awsome. I recently saw that documentary about the climate, a four part show with that crazy dude... damn I can't remember his name, the episodes were called Wind, Water, Fire and Ice or Cold I think. Absolutely amazing it was.

Hopefully this one will air in Austria too.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just a reminder for you all. It's even on twice in a week. Fantastic.

Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets

Programme 1

Tuesday 9 Nov, 9pm BBC One

and repeated on
Sunday 14 Nov, 3.15pm BBC Two

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The book is just awesome, well worth the price. I sat and read the entire thing in Waterstones a few days ago.

Lots of high-res colour photo's and authentic looking mission diaries, It did however give me a paper cut on my knuckle

I'll be watching it, just another one of the BBC's fantastic documentaries, they really do us proud.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

could someone record this to a harddrive and share it via bit torrent to the rest of the community. that would be nice.

I've got a torrent of it if you want it or I can point you to the forum from which it came? It's a 700mb DVB recording...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins

I would, but alas I don't get BBC

This does look like a intersting series though, only makes me wish I got BBC even more...

try mvgroup.org for archives of beeb programs. dunno if this will be made available but worth a shot until it reaches your shores.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blablablaxyz
try mvgroup.org for archives of beeb programs.

Yep, I think that was the tracker I was using

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The series only lasts for 2 episodes...The second one being shown tonight.
It's like a cross between 2001,Apollo 13 and all the shuttle images you have seen.
It's what they call a DOCU DRAMA.
An imaginary trip through the solar system by 5 astronauts(2 American,2 British and 1 Russian...Going from their accents anyway).
The Images are truly spectacular,and look eerily familiar.

I found it a bit PC though because NO flags are erected on each of the Bodies they land on.
As usual though the BBC production values are excellent.
I'll be buying the DVD.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Id just like to comment that i thought the series was a bit pants in the end. Why did they bother with the 'drama' , almost every planet they landed on they had to have some kind of disaster, became repetative and predictable. Dont even get me started on the stupid human storyline they added, hard to hold back the tears
.The script they gave the actors to was really bad, made the astronaughts look like geeks. This could have been a spectacular series, certainly the visuals were impressive. It should have been thought-provoking and exciting, instead the makers went for satisfiying everyone with soap drama injected into a documentary, and ended up with neither well fulfilled. Save the emotion for films next time

new topics

top topics

join