It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain calls Paul, Cruz, Amash ‘wacko birds’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So the old guard is still trying to grasp on to tyranny, while true patriots are trying to preserve and enforce the constitution. We have these clowns trying to discredit a real threat, and they go as far as labeling these men as wackos for trying to stand up against the control grid.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is continuing to criticize his fellow Republicans for their filibuster of incoming CIA Director John O. Brennan over drone policy. In an interview with the Huffington Post, McCain referred to Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) as “wackos.”

“They were elected, nobody believes that there was a corrupt election, anything else,” McCain said. “But I also think that when, you know, it’s always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone.”

Asked to clarify, McCain said he was referencing “Rand Paul, Cruz, Amash, whoever.”

McCain and Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) took strong exception to the filibuster, saying they support the possible use of drones to prevent terrorist attacks anywhere in the world. Some Republicans have privately worried that the high-profile stand, while garnering a lot of positive attention, will ultimately be bad for the party.

“You know, I think he’s just on the wrong side of history, and on the wrong side of this argument, really,” Paul responded in a radio interview with former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee Friday afternoon. He said he respected McCain’s service and record, but that that experience didn’t mean his colleague was always right: “I treat Sen. McCain with respect. I don’t think I always get the same in return.”

I applaud Rand Paul and the others that continue to stand up for the people, even though they are discredited at every turn. I don't like the mentality that a lot of these people in congress portray. It seems most of the people in positions of power live in perpetual fear of terrorists. The propaganda is so thick, I think these people actually believe that there are terrorists hiding under every dinner table, ready to attack.. so they will throw away OUR freedoms for THEIR irrational fears.

If we start accepting that the government will use drones only for "special missions" I think it will just pave the way for them to implement them into the control grid. So, despite talking heads trying to discredit the growing concern over public spying, I hope people will keep standing firm against the issue.

Source

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

People like McCain and his ilk, don't live in perpetual fear of terrorist. They live in perpetual fear of loosing their power base. They are corrupted to the point, that our Constitution has no meaning to them anymore.

Des

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by eXia7

People like McCain and his ilk, don't live in perpetual fear of terrorist. They live in perpetual fear of loosing their power base. They are corrupted to the point, that our Constitution has no meaning to them anymore.

Des

I agree, I was actually going to add that to my OP, but I accidently erased everything I had typed, and forgot to add that back.

I was going to make a comment on how he was trying to push the agenda, or he's actually senile, lol.
edit on 3/8/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

“But I also think that when, you know, it’s always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone.”

That's funny. Why do i see McCain on tv all the time?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

“But I also think that when, you know, it’s always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone.”

And why does he always sound completely insane?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

They have set the example of entitlement, we see running rampart in our Society now....what we are seeing is the trickle down effect of that sad state of affairs. Breeding an ever growing discontent with personal responsibility...erosion of all Freedoms, to enrich and placate a few.

Des

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

Good point, we've seen his ugly mug a lot more than the current class of patriots trying to do the right thing. And on most occasions, whatever Mccain talks about, usually has connections to an authoritarian agenda. With that said, he is a hypocritical buffoon.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
So the old guard is still trying to grasp on to tyranny, ....

I'd say so! WOW. John McCain is seriously over due to retire.

Sen McCain .. I appreciate what you did for your country in the past,
but now you are now hurting it more than helping. Please retire. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by eXia7
So the old guard is still trying to grasp on to tyranny, ....

I'd say so! WOW. John McCain is seriously over due to retire.

Sen McCain .. I appreciate what you did for your country in the past,
but now you are now hurting it more than helping. Please retire. Thank you.

I'm starting to think John McCain and Dick Cheney are cyborgs built to spread propaganda for the next 3 centuries, they will retrofit their exo-skeletons with newer versions within the next 5-10 years.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Someone needs to stop McCain from wasting other people's air. That dinosaur needs to retire or take a permanent dirt nap. He is so ridiculous, he is approaching the same pity point that Robert Byrd did...aka...shakey...or Strom Thurmond...these "constituent" idiots put these douchebags into office year after year and what we need is fresh ideas and new blood. Term limits anyone? McCain ...sorry dude...time to step down...you are way-way too out of touch with reality.

In 2008, I had already made up my mind that the Repubs had lost all signs of sanity...I had been "converted" to Libertarianism right after the 2004 election...in which I admit...I voted for Dubya....It was after that I did some soul searching and realized the Repubs no longer represented my personal view of politics...or the world for that matter. I became a card carrying Libertarian and in 08 I voted for Bob Barr and in 2012 I voted for Gary Johnson. If the Repubs want to stay in mainstream, they need to take a look around them. There is a place called sanity...and it is the Libertarian party...

But all things end. I am sure the Federalists thought they would go on forever too. It's time for the Libertarians to rise up and oust the Republicans...we are the road to the future, not them.
edit on 3/8/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

McCain needs to be bounced out of office and placed in the nursing home.
The Republican Party has become the Whig party.

Good for Rand Paul. I back him.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I used to be a Democrat, I used to be a Republican. Now i am head of the Disillusioned Party.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
McCain should just shut up before he loses even more of his base.

I regret giving him my support.

Part of me thinks that McCain may be one of the reasons the GOP never supported Ron paul.

If you arent establishment GOP- then you are a danger and a threat to them.

McCain- shut your trap. You are making people hate you.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

McCain and Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) took strong exception to the filibuster, saying they support the possible use of drones to prevent terrorist attacks anywhere in the world.

That sounds like they think it would be perfectly fine and necessary for the use of American drones in places such as London, Toronto, Bejing, Moscow .....

Anywhere in the world????

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
McCain should just shut up before he loses even more of his base.

I regret giving him my support.

Part of me thinks that McCain may be one of the reasons the GOP never supported Ron paul.

If you arent establishment GOP- then you are a danger and a threat to them.

McCain- shut your trap. You are making people hate you.

Well, everything is about 2016 now, hopefully enough people will wake up, and we can get a true constitutional president that will actually bring real desired change to the country. So far, things are looking good for the New Kids.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

McCain and Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) took strong exception to the filibuster, saying they support the possible use of drones to prevent terrorist attacks anywhere in the world.

That sounds like they think it would be perfectly fine and necessary for the use of American drones in places such as London, Toronto, Bejing, Moscow .....

Anywhere in the world????

For some reason, I feel that these 2 guys would send a drone to kill their own children if it would help them retain power. It's scary that people believe it's ok to use drones anywhere, who knows whats going on unreported.
edit on 3/8/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

It's actually about 2014 Congressional elections. A monopoly of Congress would be a disaster for America.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Newt just said it was sad of McCain to say what he said about Rand.
He said the old McCain was a maverick

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Typical.
Y'all think John McCain is the insane one.
Not the daydreaming Dictator, wearing the wig.
Or the TRIAL LAWYER funded by Paul, who has no idea how any of this works.
No not them,
John McCain is the crazy one that doesn't understand
true posturing... I mean patriotism.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Typical.
Y'all think John McCain is the insane one.
Not the daydreaming Dictator, wearing the wig.
Or the TRIAL LAWYER funded by Paul, who has no idea how any of this works.
No not them,
John McCain is the crazy one that doesn't understand
true posturing... I mean patriotism.

Can you provide me some material on your claim so I may look into it? I don't quite get what you're getting at. Are you saying McCain IS crazy? or Rand Paul is crazy?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join