It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First and Last Key to become Enlightenment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
O people please listen and do shun what I must say. I do not claim to be enlightened, I do not claim to be God, and I do not want to proclaim what is or is not the truth.

It has become hard to place any words on that which I want to express to you. So I type this slowly and decidedly understanding that I could never fully express or define that which I want to be known.

Why? Simple, because one cannot limit what is infinite. Anything which I say can only take away from the nature of that which I speak of. Thought cannot contain this, for thought is limited. Likewise words cannot express this.

After studying various people, world religions, and mystical practices I feel I have caught a glimpse of the "Golden Thread", the root desire of every soul of every creature.

We feel that whatever it is, is simple.

Whatever it is is close.

Whatever it is is not denied to us, but we deny it from ourselves. Because we seek to limit what it is, but it cannot be labeled, it cannot be simplified.

It is nothing.

Nothingness.

To forget the self.

To be utterly and totally selfless.

I could try to say more but I would just take away from this sublime mystery. I will tell you only to practice the quiescent contemplation of nothingness. That you, I and everything are completely void. Nothingness and being.

Seek without discrimination, so that you do not make complex the wisdom which is so simple.

If we are attached to the material, we cannot cast ourselves upon the all. The Infinite cannot clothe itself in us unless we think of ourselves as nothing.

Seek to attain "humility", and every Godly quality will follow it.

If you want more information search "AYIN", "EIN SOF", "QUIESENCE", and the Universe.

I will no longer be on ATS, as all of my free time will be the contemplation of this until I reach whatever it is my soul needs for completion.

Good luck and Good Intentions

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Enlightened like a house brick! They are supremely unconscious, apersonal and unaware.

I think enlightenment would require far more intellectual horsepower than an obliviation of self-hood.

Perhaps I would accede to enlightenment as being cognizant of our true position in the universe, but I have truly had enough of this selfish "selflessness" proposed by the ignoscenti.

Being stupid and vacant does not make you spiritual.

Awareness brings awareness. The pursuit of greater knowledge brings greater knowledge. Wisdom is the application of that knowledge. From wisdom flows right actions and compassion.

Enlightenment is the pinnacle of knowledge, wisdom, compassion and right actions.

edit on 7/3/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Don't go away.
You have time for both I promise.

The Ein Sof is the unknowable ALL as far as Light.
Our Sun is one of Billions and Billions of Ein Sof light Fountains.

You and me are shards of the splintered Ein Sof vessel
which broke up to know itself.

The Electrical force. The dark nothingness
is a magnetic negatively charged vacuum .
Providing space for never ending expansion.

We are to gather up these shards after we experience them
and return them to the vessel.

Ok... Get going

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I think you are putting enlightenment on a pedistal and give the enlightened to much credit on the wisdom side.

You can have enlightened beings that do not know so much or can even understand or think about complicated thing but can be very compassionate and would not hurt a fly.

And even if you talk to an enlightened person it can still be in a bad spot and fustrated still about several things and the thing you are talking to are their views and perception of what is, not what is true.

Sometimes enlightenment do not come because of longtime spiritual growth. Sometimes it is sudden and comes because there is a need both from the person and from everything around that person that light shines thru.

Just because you are enlightened do not mean you know the truth, if you do not know everything that is that included everythings perception of what is. Your mind is still limited in it's perceptions. But maybe one thing about enlightened is close to true. They might have an easier time noticing their limitations than people who have not felt the light.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So enlightenment is the suicide of ego/personality.

Nothingness/void is something we should strive for, but if we are nothing, who is the one doing the striving?

All of this is nonsense, but as they say: ignorance is bliss.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think the reason people have invented the idea of a supreme controller is because life on earth is so automated and there is a comparatively small band of available choices for humans to make using their believed free will. So we say if we're not in control, someone must be. Yet, at the same time, we are able experience the feeling of being free. I think the solution to this paradox is to say that instead you controlling, or god controlling, nothing is controlling. So the free feeling is justified, and the limited feeling is justified simultaneously.

I think this idea of nothingness is inferior to the idea of freedom from all controls. Freedom is so free that not even your own will can apply. You can't control, nor are you controlled. But things happen because nothing stops them. Freedom is absolute and is its own potential.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I think the key is to become profoundly aware of the degree to which the egoic-self is absolutely superficial and inauthentic, and then imagine that pathetic little knot of self-contraction as a defense against all authentic awareness and appreciation, to be utterly enclosed and enveloped on all sides by a limitless love and unconditional acceptance, until "it" surrenders and our true and authentic self in God bursts out laughing in the humor of true understanding and the absolute absurdity of our prior state of mind and being (locked up in ourself by ourself to protect ourself for no reason than fear of the all-in-all as the unconditioned ground of all being and becoming which is also a nothing that is everything.

Then, relative to the domain of nothing/everything we are set free to freely create and re-create ourselves as a personality of our own creation/choosing, but without being deluded into thinking that's who we really are ie: just a role we are choosing to play. Thereafter, once this re-cognition has taken place, we cannot take our "self" seriously anymore while taking God as our true condition, seriously, because that's all there is.

So it's not vacuous - it's humorous from the outside-the-box POV.

The second and last key then at this point is never to forget and to remain aware and observant, lest we become re-absorbed by the various roles we are playing on the stage of life and take that to be our authentic self, which by it's very nature is inauthentic or superficial.

So again, it's not nihilistic, involving the annihilation of the self, but the discover of the no-self self which is an add-to-able self ie: when we know that whoever we are being at any given moment is simply our own creation.

The very best we can do therefore is to be entirely authentic in regards to our own inauthenticity, and that's charming and lovable.

edit on 7-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It will be a shame to see you go, backcase. I enjoy your writing and gentle heart. I hope you come back, at least to teach us heretics a thing or two.

Whatever it is is not denied to us, but we deny it from ourselves. Because we seek to limit what it is, but it cannot be labeled, it cannot be simplified.

It is nothing.

Nothingness.

To forget the self.

There are contradictions here, which I'm sure you see.

Contradictions are understandable when we talk about such things as "enlightenment," "awareness," "freedom" and the like. Though we have words for them, they point at nothings and non-entities. They're difficult to grasp because we cannot grasp them. There's no circumscribing them. Yet we treat them and talk about them as if we could hold them in our hand.

Although my advice means nothing, I urge you to not give up on the self in search or promotion of these likely non-existent things. Instead, create value in the self, something that is real to each and every one of us. It is the only thing of us that is seen, felt, heard, learned from, remembered, enjoyed by others.

Perfecting the self according to one's own high set of standards is the most selfless thing someone can do.

Good luck on your journeys.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Stop reminding me of what I left behind. It's almost out of my system. There's a subtle change to enlightenment, yet very considerable.

I like your title, 'the first and last key to become' and then you say not enlightened, but enlightenment. I like the idea behind it. It's kind of an ego-killer. Yet, I've read before from someone else, pitty I forgot what member it was. It is "Transformation" of the ego. I liked the idea behind that very much.

For people before the transformation of ego you surely can put them on the road. But afterwards, it doesn't make a lot of sense anymore and we just move on... LIVING.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

To forget the self. 

The contradiction in your words. You cannot be selfless towards others if you hold nothing in your self because there would be nothing to give selflessly. All you would be doing is feeding the lusts and desires of others no matter what they are because you, forgetting the self, have no self by which to discern, to evaluate and to ultimately stand up for truth and reject untruth. 

Can you not discern that to give selflessly is to give freely that which was given to you?

Am I missing something in your logic?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

"He who has superior integrity does not act,
for he has no purpose for acting"

-Lao Tzu

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
So enlightenment is the suicide of ego/personality.

Nothingness/void is something we should strive for, but if we are nothing, who is the one doing the striving?

All of this is nonsense, but as they say: ignorance is bliss.

Not ignorance.

Before we are filled we must be emptied.

We can not have our soul place into infinity without being purified of toxins first.

Like water, we must remain still until the filth settles at the bottom, and we become transparent and clear.
And then the Light will shine through us.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I Thing that my judgement is inferior to that of reality. So I wish to release my judgement and experience so that reality may not be frozen for me.

And thus I may view reality as a child does. Where nothing is old, everything sings, everything is mysteriously perfect and beautiful.

I would like to be like a drop of water which falls into the Infinite endless ocean of Infinity which is beyond my word or thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yes sort of, but I would like to experience this without expecting anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Do not be sad, God's perfection reaches part of endless reality and is thereby completed.

But I will give you this gem, because I know that you can appreciate it for what it is:

What we call "enlightenment", is mistaken in the fact that we see it as an end.
In truth it is the beginning. We are transported from a place where nothing is new, to a place where there is nothing old.

Rather we sense that everything, although changing constantly, is perfected in the moment which it lives. We may feel that creation is becoming and everything is growing, going from good to better and being content in the moment through which the All is harmoniously and constantly perfect and perfected.

Peace man,

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I direct you to my reply to LesMisanthrope, which is above this one

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

To forget the self. 

You cannot be selfless towards others if you hold nothing in your self because there would be nothing to give selflessly. All you would be doing is feeding the lusts and desires of others no matter what they are because you, forgetting the self, have no self by which to discern, to evaluate and to ultimately stand up for truth and reject untruth. 

There is only one Truth man, and that is part of living in the Way. We must go from duality, to the Trinity, to Oneness.

Once we purge the flesh with the mind, we may purge the mind with our spirit, and then our spirit may be completed by the Spirit of God.

Then we have no need to reject what reality actually is, but accept it without fighting it.

new topics

top topics

join