It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU fines Microsoft $731 million for broken promise, warns others

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MildCat
Just the browser? What about the fact that it is nearly impossible to buy a computer with no OS installed on it whatsoever? I would love to be able to go to a shop, buy a great PC with nothing to do with Microsoft installed on it, but you cant.

depends where you are buying your computer, in i suspect many counties like here in the Philippines that quite a lot of computers don't come with a OS at all.

also if you "build" your own desktop, even in North America, (which buy the way is rather easy to do), one of the "components" you need to buy is an OS for it. and you get the best computer possible by building it yourself as YOU CHOOSE each and every part that goes into it. many online retailers (newegg is my favorite) have "wishlists" that you can use to "pre-build" by selecting components than have someone who knows look it over for suggestions. when i built mine i had a friend who is good with computers help select what i put in by sharing a "wishlist/account" with him. this was great since my friend was not even in the same country as me and is a 4 hour+ road trip to say get together and go out parts/computer shopping. you don't even have to buy the stuff from whatever site you used, can write down part models and even go to your local computer stores to buy them. a great way to not only save cash but to not have to spend time looking for that computer that is "just right for you". like i said putting it together is rather simple took me maybe a half hour or so to assemble mine. you get EXACTLY the machine you want, and especially when buying parts online save a ton of cash over buying a mass produced computer that may have some things you want but possibly lack other things.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I knew it. Sorry, don't have the lottery numbers but if they come to me, I will U2U you.

edit on 13-3-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join