It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public tours of the White House Canceled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Public tours of the White House Canceled

The White House has been struggling to highlight cutbacks at federal agencies now that the so-called sequester has hit. On Tuesday, it found one close to home.

Tours of the executive mansion will be canceled starting March 9, the White House announced, citing "staffing reductions resulting from sequestration." The tours will not be rescheduled and the freeze will be in effect "until further notice."

www.eveningsun.com...
WHAT A JOKE! The PEOPLES HOUSE can’t afford it???
Let’s see, they raised everyone’s Taxes, Last Year they spent $2.469 trillion- Half they borrowed from China.
How much do we spend on just the Obamas’? The answer: $1.4 billion! That's 20 times more expensive than British Royal Family
I guess Spring Breaker will just have to look through the fence.
[snipped]
edit on Tue Mar 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post. use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Obama family 'costs taxpayers $1.4BILLION per year' (that's 20 times more expensive than British Royal Family)
Politicians looking for savings to deal with the national debt crisis should perhaps start by abolishing the President.
Barack Obama and his family cost the taxpayer $1.4billion per year, according to a recently published book.
By contrast, the British Royal Family costs less than $60million each year.

Pricey: Taking care of Barack Obama and his family costs the public over $1billion per year, according to a book on the cost of the presidency

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.latimes.com...

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

So can I assume the State Dinners and parties have been suspended as well? I'd hate to think the occupants of the People's house are partying in it during a period the People are told we're all too broke to let some walk through it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
this one gets me best....

And even the Obamas' dog Bo costs the taxpayer thousands of dollars - his handler is reportedly paid over $100,000 a year.

the whole country has gone to the dogs !!

i wonder what dog food they use ?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Who would want to see just how the "other half" lives off their tax dollars anyways?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Surfrat

So can I assume the State Dinners and parties have been suspended as well? I'd hate to think the occupants of the People's house are partying in it during a period the People are told we're all too broke to let some walk through it.

heh - yeah - sure - that's gonna happen.

This is closure is pure showboating. But, the sad thing is that some will believe it and likely firmly believe it was the fault of the mean ol' Republicans..

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

What a bunch of crap.

When Bush left office, the national debt was about $10 trillion, he was no conservative. After 4 short years, it ballooned to $16 trillion and growing.

And thats not total spent, thats just the portion which they borrowed. They spent a whole lot more.

These money junkies cant "cut" a $100 billion? Seriously? Its not even a real cut. Its based on base-line budgeting so its nothing more than a "cut" in automatic increases. GTFO.

Foreign welfare alone is $58 billion.

Get rid of the foreign empire and you'll save about a trillion.

edit on 5-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Man the GOP has been completely out played over and over again. Obama.'s ratings keep rising and the GOP keeps fighting with itself. Unless the GOP can get its act together they are going to have a very very bad 2014.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Man the GOP has been completely out played over and over again. Obama.'s ratings keep rising and the GOP keeps fighting with itself. Unless the GOP can get its act together they are going to have a very very bad 2014.

Isn't it a bit beyond partisan yet? There are near 50% Democrats in the House who will pay their own very hard personal prices when generally pissed off voters further turn against the incumbents of all parties in 2014. Same with the Senate.

As many from both parties are starting to say in similar terms, this is showing a personality issue here that is disturbing and highly counter productive. It's a battle of wills where only one guy sees it as a game, apparently.

I don't see Democrats in general as the 'enemy' anymore, though once I did. It took a bit to realize how far out into Crazytown Obama and a few people around him really ARE from anything like a Kennedy Democrat or even a Tip O' Neil. What we have is a Nixon with a D after the name....for all the letter matters anymore on this.

(Heck, even Bill Clinton wouldn't be bad in nostalgic moments of wishful thinking)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Instead of giving egypt 190 million dollars obama should give them "just" 175 million and use the other 15 million for operating a white house tour service.

By pulling a stunt like this he is just proving where his loyalties lie.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Isn't it a bit beyond partisan yet? There are near 50% Democrats in the House who will pay their own very hard personal prices when generally pissed off voters further turn against the incumbents of all parties in 2014. Same with the Senate.

As many from both parties are starting to say in similar terms, this is showing a personality issue here that is disturbing and highly counter productive. It's a battle of wills where only one guy sees it as a game, apparently.

I don't see Democrats in general as the 'enemy' anymore, though once I did. It took a bit to realize how far out into Crazytown Obama and a few people around him really ARE from anything like a Kennedy Democrat or even a Tip O' Neil. What we have is a Nixon with a D after the name....for all the letter matters anymore on this.

(Heck, even Bill Clinton wouldn't be bad in nostalgic moments of wishful thinking)

you overestimate the intelligence of the american voter, every one of these bums will be reelected in 2014

a recent poll showed that most people think that congress is doing a poor job,but in every case those same people said that their representative was doing a good job.
everyone thinks that their representative is doing a good job so i have no doubt that they will all be reelected.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The pres is probably selling private tours for a nice chunk of change. Free tours are out/

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You have an interesting avatar, so I remember sometimes the things you say. Perhaps I don't remember everything, but it seems as if you blame the GOP constantly, and deflect everything away from the Democrats. I am thinking logically and mathmatically speaking, the GOP can't be wrong 100% of the time, yet this is always your take. Wake up man. Both parties are equally evil.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by artnut

Don't waste your breath on that one, he/she/it has officially been divided and conquered.....I remember a thread where it tried to convince an entire group of ATS'ers on the premise that no president is responsible for incrementally taking away our freedoms and that everything is the last guys fault, as opposed to a collective predatory strategy implemented over a long period of time. yawn

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just goes to show the potus cares more about his job than the whitehouse staffs.

There are any number of things that could have been cut more smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I really disagree. Comfortably employed people will be happy with an incumbent to stay comfy. Unemployed people barely making it on benefits will suffer an incumbent for fear of losing the last bit they have with changing to someone new.

Someone who is both unemployed AND now getting the treats and treasures of austerity under a different name won't be happy by 2014. They're liable to be pissed and at anything, regardless of party, who is in office. When local prices are outrageous, voters tend to vent up and down the political chain if past history is anything to judge by.

That's what I think Politicians of both sides and among the career guys are starting to stop and realize. This is crossing into doing damage that a new shiny bill can't undo....and destroy the last bits of confidence it could take generations to restore.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Obama, that's meh house..I and all of us pay your bills, if you don't like it you can get the f* out.

T.O.S...in 3..2..1...but so worth it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'd say this is just a drop in the bucket and won't help the overall cuts, but that bucket is more like an ocean, so what does it matter.

Its a shame, though. I went on a tour several years ago and it was fascinating, if anything from a historical standpoint.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
closed due to budget cuts...... or they dont want anybody to notice all of the moving boxes which are secretly being shipped to underground bunkers. hmmm

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

To Funny

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join