It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public tours of the White House Canceled

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well they haven't cancelled the annual Easter Egg Roll scheduled for April 1st.

I have a friend that volunteers every year and attended training yesterday. No telling how much that event costs. I think either the canceling of tours is a stunt or something else is going on. Maybe they are doing some more 'renovations' and don't want the public around. The sequester could just be a good excuse.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I believe that this move has nothing to do with budget cuts. I think that they are just getting nervous about their decisions and their safety and are tightening up the ship to close unnecessary exposure to safety risks. The budget cuts are just an excuse to do it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
When the Ted Heath government in Britain was dealing with a national coal-strike, one of the chosen ways of saving energy was to cut television broadcasting hours.
This strikes me as a similar reaction- more about public impact than about usefulness.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Im going to go all out here and say....

Maybe they just dont want people around...

i know some posters have hinted at it, but maybe security risk, plus a genuine plan to "take control" of the country means if they stop people now due to "financial cuts" they can start treating it like there palace... rather than a monumnet owned by the people....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Take your troops out of my country, that will save you some money. And we need Mildenhall more than you do since we are bringing our troops back from Germany.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'll bet the $58 million dollars in foreign aid won't stop being dished out, and to the poster talking about people hating on O, facts are facts, the guy hasn't done anything he said he would.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Nice spin from the Doctors in England to put the eyes on the States.

Let's be honest they all need to go...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's a friggin' tour, for christ''s sake, there are so many Obama haters on this site, it's pathetic.

There is plenty to dislike obama about.
He cancelled the tours of 'The People's House' because he's playing politics.

Leaked Emails Adds Fuel to Claims White House is Playing Politics Over Impact of Cuts

The White House is not Obama's house. It's OURS. WE THE PEOPLE.
There was no need to shut off 'we the people' from our house.
He's playing politics .... just like every other stink'n politician does.
He's no better than any of them.

cuts to social security, cuts to medicare, cuts to WIC...no problem...but, cut out the white house tour?.....Obamas gone too far with that, because that's playing politics
and...it's not your house...can WE THE PEOPLE move in?....can WE THE PEOPLE spend a few weeks vacation there? can WE THE PEOPLE sell it or rent it out?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MildCat
Take your troops out of my country, that will save you some money. And we need Mildenhall more than you do since we are bringing our troops back from Germany.
Wherever your country is, the American PEOPLE would love to have our troops out of your country, more than you want them out. People in the rest of the world tend to think that American citizens share the sentiment our our ''leaders'', we don't. We don't send our troop to your lands, nor do we want them there, our ''leaders'' do. Contrary to popular worldwide belief, the American people do not vote these people into office, they are selected, just like in your country. And just like your country, we the people don't control what our ''leaders'' do.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
I'll bet the $58 million dollars in foreign aid won't stop being dished out, and to the poster talking about people hating on O, facts are facts, the guy hasn't done anything he said he would.

"hasn't done anything he said he would" ??... and no, i'm not going to tell you where to find it, because it's too easy if you have a computer

also....if you had a list of things you wanted to get done, and i came along and blocked everyone of those things, i guess i could say that you haven't accomplished anything you said you would do...right?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

"hasn't done anything he said he would" ??... and no, i'm not going to tell you where to find it, because it's too easy if you have a computer

also....if you had a list of things you wanted to get done, and i came along and blocked everyone of those things, i guess i could say that you haven't accomplished anything you said you would do...right?
Just like he closed Gitmo, right? Just like he ''brought'' the troops home, then turned around and sent out 30,000, right? Just like he bailed out Wall Street, with taxpayer's money, and the people got squat, while CEO's rewarded themselves millions of dollars, right? And where are all these jobs that he was supposed to create? Yeah, right.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Man the GOP has been completely out played over and over again. Obama.'s ratings keep rising and the GOP keeps fighting with itself. Unless the GOP can get its act together they are going to have a very very bad 2014.

Look who authored and voted for it. 95 DEMS voted for it. see this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... GET REAL and quit blaming the GOP. Oh, and idiot stars for those who stared you.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat

How much do we spend on just the Obamas’? The answer: $1.4 billion! That's 20 times more expensive than British Royal Family

Funny...by the same math the "Bush's" cost 1.7 Billion annually...so it looks like Pres. Obama has cut costs.

LINK
edit on 6-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

How much do we spend on just the Obamas’? The answer: $1.4 billion! That's 20 times more expensive than British Royal Family

Funny...by the same math the "Bush's" cost 1.7 Billion annually...so it looks like Pres. Obama has cut costs.

LINK

You know the "but look what Timmy did" technique of deflecting blame stopped working for me at age 6 or so. Perhaps my 8th grade educated parents were not fancy but at least they didn't let me get through life with the philosophy that my own guilt or responsibility for my actions could somehow be mitigated or lessened by the similar or worse acts of another.

How Barrack Obama manages to get an Army of obviously fairly educated and intelligent people to try this for him is amazing to me. He is the POTUS not some six year old who colored on the bathroom walls in poo. He claims to be the smartest man in the room - he takes no action in ignorance. He knows exactly what he is doing.

The actions of Bush or any other in a long line of succession of Presidents did or did not do have zero bearing on what is happening in the White House at this moment. Any 1st year military cadet knows not to blame his predecessor for his lack of success. Leadership 101, Management 101 - whatever.

Why carry this guy’s water?

He can deflect blame for himself (every speech ever) he doesn't need an Army of unpaid sycophants to do it for him.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

LINK

You know the "but look what Timmy did" technique of deflecting blame stopped working for me at age 6 or so.

Not deflecting blame but pointing out if the last administration had same or greater costs by the same math...maybe you should ask how that calculation is arrived at??

Cuz your MATH behind that claim is bunk...and the racist hack who did that math is no better than the BSers on the left who came after Bush for the same nonsense with the same crazy math. The formula sucks...the guy who produced it is wacko...and all of that is supported by the LINK I provided.

But carry on ....Wasn't playing the Bush vs. Obama games but rather pointing out the similairity in the in the exact same attack and math...and how it FAILS.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

it's not your house...can WE THE PEOPLE move in?....can WE THE PEOPLE spend a few weeks vacation there? can WE THE PEOPLE sell it or rent it out?

It's THE PEOPLES HOUSE. It's a museum. It's NOT the Obama's home. It's not the Bush's home. It's a MUSEUM .. it's referred to as 'THE PEOPLE'S HOUSE' because that's whose house it is .. it belongs to all of 'we the people'.

Deal with it.

Here's the Obama administration itself calling it ... 'The People's House ...

Whitehouse.gov - Opening up The People's House

For the first time in history, records of White House visitors will be made available to the public on an ongoing basis. We will achieve our goal of making this administration the most open and transparent administration in history not only by opening the doors of the White House to more Americans, but by shining a light on the business conducted inside it. Americans have a right to know whose voices are being heard in the policymaking process

So I guess since they are playing politics and closing 'THE PEOPLE'S HOUSE' .. that means they are reversing their supposed 'more open and transparent' administration. Yet another thing Obama failed at .... "opening the doors of the White house to more Americans" .. HIS WORDS.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Oh .. and I'll remind you of this -
Leaked Emails Adds Fuel to Claims White House is Playing Politics Over Impact of Cuts

Face the facts ... Obama didn't need to cancel White House tours.
He did it to be a P****. He's playing politics. Sucky sucky sucky.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Maybe The Good Old POTUS just needs a rest from all of the madness,
and doesn't want to spend Billions to just get out of dodge for a while.

I would probably do the same thing due to the circumstances.

Pay No Attention to The Man Behind The Curtain,
The Great and Powerful OZ has Spoken.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Not deflecting blame but pointing out if the last administration had same or greater costs by the same math...

Oh really, I am sorry that you don't see that as blame deflection - one thing has nothing to do with the other - I think your parents failed you.

maybe you should ask how that calculation is arrived at??

Because my problem isn't with the claim at all it is with your counter to the claim that suggests the "But little Timmy" defense is applicable.

I think spending on the royal families is absurd without regard to their politics - some appear to be better stewards of the public trust in that regard than others.

That is irrelevant to my post which only addresses your use of "but look what Timmy did" defense for Team Obama.

I knew it'd take about 5 minutes for an Obama Cheerleader to come on and say:

Cuz your MATH behind that claim is bunk...and the racist hack who did that math is no better than the BSers on the left who came after Bush for the same nonsense with the same crazy math. The formula sucks...the guy who produced it is wacko...and all of that is supported by the LINK I provided.

I made no claim at all regarding the number so saying it is my math is a misrepresentation. Excellent use of the race card BTW as well. I can see the years of indoctrination is paying dividends.

LINK

Yep – appears to me that this is a clear case of “I’m not so bad see – little Timmy spent more”.

Just says using the same math (wrong or right is irrelevant) Bush spent more…neener neener…

Where in here is one to imply that you question the math at all?

But carry on ....Wasn't playing the Bush vs. Obama games but rather pointing out the similarity in the in the exact same attack and math...and how it FAILS.

If you got all that out of this one line post with a mystery link you were implying a lot of confidence in your ability to motivate the reader to go there. Your comment doesn't lead me to conclude I'll see anything new by going to the link. It doesn't say " Here is a link that says the math behind the computations is wrong and the guy who did the computations is a racist...."

Perhaps you meant for me to get that out of your post. I did not. All I see is the “but little Timmy” ploy.

Same old deflection and cheerleading for Team Obama is all it looks to be to me on another read. Still not compelled to look at the generic “link”.

At least tell me you are being paid for all this?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
this one gets me best....

And even the Obamas' dog Bo costs the taxpayer thousands of dollars - his handler is reportedly paid over $100,000 a year.

the whole country has gone to the dogs !!

i wonder what dog food they use ?

It doesn't matter - the dog food here is making our pets sick (and die, too)!!

Anyway, I consider this suspicious activity. There's some reason, IMO, why they don't want people in the White House.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join