It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public tours of the White House Canceled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We need the same term limits for congress that we have for president

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Taking care of any presidential family costs the taxpayers lots of money, Obama is not any different than his predecessors, I don't see the big deal? the only thing is to push for lowering the costs but lets be realisitic, the president has to have lots of protection and security, I wonder how his costs compare to other rulers and even the pope?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
Obama, that's meh house..I and all of us pay your bills, if you don't like it you can get the f* out.

T.O.S...in 3..2..1...but so worth it.

That just made my day.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

I agree and I wouldn't give them that much, actually. 2 terms for a Senator would be 12 years. What makes them so special to serve longer than the President? Make keep it a 2 year house, make it a 4 year senate and 4 year President.

4 terms in the house, 2 terms in either of the others? 8 years any way you look at it and for the luckiest ones, 24 years to run the whole House-Senate-White House thing but most wouldn't come close. Then dump these lifetime pension plans they get for just winning a single time. Talk about cushy jobs. Must be nice when they can write their OWN pay packages and benefits. People couldn't make this stuff up. It definitely needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Honestly I think its high time government workers other than the military learn their jobs aren't forever.

Sorry forgot to say that earlier.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Just goes to show the potus cares more about his job than the whitehouse staffs.

There are any number of things that could have been cut more smoke and mirrors.

obama's definitely not gonna cut back on his smoke,
i guess they need some mirrors too.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

The answer: $1.4 billion! That's 20 times more expensive than British Royal Family

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Way to man up Barrack - the little old ladies that do the tours are volunteers other than the security they cost about nothing.

That will show them huh Barry? Use the kids again as a tool. Passive aggressive and irresponsible is what it is. Childish and base.

"We regret having to do this during the busy Spring tour season" they say.

No he doesn't regret anything - regret is not an emotion a narcissist feels.

He made it and it was a conscious decision; so that Ma and Pa America who pay $2300.00 (least that's what the school charged for the one my kid went on) for their kids to go see the Capitol of their Nation and the White House will get angry and believe that sequestration is some kind of huge issue and vote the big “D” come 2014.

Hoping Mr. and Mrs. America will blame their local Republican for his dicked up policy is perhaps a bridge too far. However, I never thought he'd get elected a second time so I am losing faith in "we the people".

Our POTUS is a spoiled child; a very powerful, mentally unstable, dangerous one.

The more his popularity drops and his BS is questioned the more unstable he will become....

His approval/disapproval polls flipped 7 points last week to the lowest in his tenure.

He was caught in a lie and damn it even if he has to punish school kids to do it he will make his point!

I cannot believe we have elected this man to represent us.

Here is what he was attempting to do...and it failed this time.

Then because it failed he tried this little technique...

Notice any similar thread of information in the two "political strategies" because I do...

Perhaps this is what we are in for.

This man is a traitor!

edit on 5/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Well, I don't think anyone here will be missing out on that.

So, no worries right ?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The democrats are going to milk the sequestration for every thing they can.

I see them going after the veterans and elderly next with cuts to the disabled veterans and Medicare and SS.

Then they will try to blame it all on the GOP.

The problem is the sheepal will believe it all and blame the GOP.

The democrats will never compromise as long as they can milk any problem for all its worth.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The reaffirmed king and queen of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue have wanted this for some time and now have a "valid" reason for a shutdown from the people. They do not wish to squaller with the lowly commons and have them walking and messin up their private residence. This is the time to control the media access even more closely and do everything to their royal liking regardless what the lowlifes do or say. I for one would bet that tours for the public will never be the same. Has this ever happened before barring any renovations? Our new king has spoken, listen up thy sheep..........

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Take the pope out of the equation.....

Typical tactic again, confusing private money with taxpayer money......not the same.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well of course they would shut down access for the common folks. Why give low cost access when the privileged have to pay $500,000 to visit the Whitehouse these days? Of course they get to meet the president for that small change also. Do you know he is the first to ever do this? Tell me we don't have an Obamaocracy here?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I believe it was closed after 9/11, totally different situation.

Don't know about any other times.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

When I taught fifth grade, we would take the students on an overnight trip to Washington. This always included a tour of the White House, which was little difficulty to arrange during the Bush years.

However, when Obama first came into office, all of our attempts to tour the White House were met with denial. We were told "they weren't doing large tours" anymore.

I don't know how long children have been considered a security risk, if that is what it was, but we've not had access to the White House in quite some time.

Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
reply to post by Surfrat

Way to man up Barrack - the little old ladies that do the tours are volunteers other than the security they cost about nothing.

That will show them huh Barry? Use the kids again as a tool. Passive aggressive and irresponsible is what it is. Childish and base.

"We regret having to do this during the busy Spring tour season" they say.

This man is a traitor!

edit on 5/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

Wow, I just have to echo the sentiments of this post and also support the OP.
I noticed the reference to mein kampf and thinking about this, I have to wonder that if after Operation Paperclip, in a broader sense, that it seems the USA is becoming what we fought against in WW II.

I'm biting my tongue because some naughty words are definitely trying to come out here.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Knee jerk reaction by the obama administration.

They can afford to send hundreds of millions of $$ in aid to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, but they supposedly can't afford to keep 'The People's House' open for tours??
It's a political move .. and a really poor one at that.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

this is something to get upset about????...it's a friggin' tour, for christ''s sake, there are so many Obama haters on this site, it's pathetic.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's a friggin' tour, for christ''s sake, there are so many Obama haters on this site, it's pathetic.

There is plenty to dislike obama about.
He cancelled the tours of 'The People's House' because he's playing politics.

Leaked Emails Adds Fuel to Claims White House is Playing Politics Over Impact of Cuts

The White House is not Obama's house. It's OURS. WE THE PEOPLE.
There was no need to shut off 'we the people' from our house.
He's playing politics .... just like every other stink'n politician does.
He's no better than any of them.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by MrSpad
Man the GOP has been completely out played over and over again. Obama.'s ratings keep rising and the GOP keeps fighting with itself. Unless the GOP can get its act together they are going to have a very very bad 2014.

Isn't it a bit beyond partisan yet? There are near 50% Democrats in the House who will pay their own very hard personal prices when generally pissed off voters further turn against the incumbents of all parties in 2014. Same with the Senate.

As many from both parties are starting to say in similar terms, this is showing a personality issue here that is disturbing and highly counter productive. It's a battle of wills where only one guy sees it as a game, apparently.

I don't see Democrats in general as the 'enemy' anymore, though once I did. It took a bit to realize how far out into Crazytown Obama and a few people around him really ARE from anything like a Kennedy Democrat or even a Tip O' Neil. What we have is a Nixon with a D after the name....for all the letter matters anymore on this.

(Heck, even Bill Clinton wouldn't be bad in nostalgic moments of wishful thinking)

you overestimate the intelligence of the american voter, every one of these bums will be reelected in 2014

a recent poll showed that most people think that congress is doing a poor job,but in every case those same people said that their representative was doing a good job.
everyone thinks that their representative is doing a good job so i have no doubt that they will all be reelected.
And you overestimate the actual power of a vote. No one ''votes'' these dimwits in, they are SELECTED, not ELECTED. Your vote means squat, unless it's on a local, municipal level, and even in that arena, things aren't always on the up and up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join