It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Jesus have a soul?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Adam doesn't mean society. In Hebrew Adam means "man".

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If Jesus is at the highest level with God and it is impossible for a soul to be at that level, this indicates that Jesus somehow had two consciousnesses, one divine and one human in the same body on earth and that they would separate upon reaching heaven. That or Jesus had no soul.
A "soul" is your person.
Jesus is always the same person, whether it is his preincarnate self with God at the beginning, or as a human born to a woman, or is in his glorified state in Heaven as the Christ.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
A "soul" is your person.

Right! The way the Bible uses the word "soul," it is not something you have, but something you are. The Bible also states that a soul can, and does, die. Goodbye, immortal soul...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Goodbye, immortal soul...
The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son.
Ezekiel 18:20

So it is not in a cosmological sense, but in a terrestrial, human justice system sense.

edit on 16-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch

I do not wish to profit from anything.

I only want what I am given.
Eternal life? If it's there.
Eternal peace? Thats the goal. Not just mine, everyone's.
But all of these things are accomplished, or the seeds sown at least, not by my will, but the will of my Fathers. (Does it help to use an s there? God is certainly at the pinnacle of the responsibility tree, but He can't want to take all the credit, can He? Certainly if men are responsible for their own sins, they are also responsible for their good, right?)

Remember, Jesus is not dead. The true message was not "Follow Jesus and get crucified, or you don't love him and must die," it was "We crucified Jesus and God raised Him from the dead."

Another point, does a physical bodily resurrection have to have happened for there to be truth to this story?
The answer, interestingly enough, is no.
When we die and our soul leaves our body, it does not wait for some Final Judgement Day.
Usually, it goes directly to God for either Heaven (storage, basically. think of it as a cosmic hard drive where all of the people who have chosen to love their fellow humans go to be "saved" for eternity.) or they go directly to Hell, which is usually just a mind wipe and done.

Jesus, being the Son of God and the first one "saved," was allowed to return to Earth to spread the news of his resurrection to those who would accept him, to give them peace and hope that ALL the world might some day love Jesus, and by extension God, and we can all be "saved and go to heaven."

I hope this doesn't sound too crazy. The truth often does.

Your truth is made up of information that you cannot possibly know.

You do have some potential though as you have made up your own theology.

Try listening to what Jesus actually taught now and revise you made up views.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

P S. Your view of heaven is truth. Your view of hell is not.
All was in God in the beginning, so to speak but not in reality, and he does not ever lose any of us. He is a cosmic doctor. Not a cosmic killer.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Adam doesn't mean society. In Hebrew Adam means "man".

Yes and adam means mankind. Myths are for all, not for one.

This is a miss-print unless you think Eve's name is Adam.

Genesis 1:26-28
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

If Jesus is at the highest level with God and it is impossible for a soul to be at that level, this indicates that Jesus somehow had two consciousnesses, one divine and one human in the same body on earth and that they would separate upon reaching heaven. That or Jesus had no soul.

A "soul" is your person.
Jesus is always the same person, whether it is his preincarnate self with God at the beginning, or as a human born to a woman, or is in his glorified state in Heaven as the Christ.

Then Christ if a soul as you say he is can die as scriptures are clear that a soul can die.
Christ then cannot be immortal.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Lazarus Short

Goodbye, immortal soul...
The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son.

So it is not in a cosmological sense, but in a terrestrial, human justice system sense.

Regardless, what is applies to Jesus is applies to all and Jesus sinned like we all do says scripture.

Hebrews 5:8
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

. . . as scriptures are clear that a soul can die.
Then I am sure that you would like to quote one of those verses.
I already blew apart the argument based on the verse I knew about that says anything like that.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

. . . Jesus sinned like we all do says scripture.
No, it doesn't.
It says he learned and was perfected through suffering.
Jesus suffered for telling the truth.
He may have looked like he had sinned to the ones who killed him, because they were enforcing man-made laws.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

. . . as scriptures are clear that a soul can die.
Then I am sure that you would like to quote one of those verses.
I already blew apart the argument based on the verse I knew about that says anything like that.

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

. . . Jesus sinned like we all do says scripture.
No, it doesn't.
It says he learned and was perfected through suffering.
Jesus suffered for telling the truth.
He may have looked like he had sinned to the ones who killed him, because they were enforcing man-made laws.

Hebrews 5:8
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Nowhere in this verse is truth mentioned. It does speak of disobedience. You are adding to scriptures while scripture tell you not to.

If you believe the scriptures then you will know that none where culpable for Jesus' death except God.

This explains that quite well.

www.youtube.com...

This other has a hymn with telling language. Necessary sin and happy fault.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join