It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There can be no God in your mind/ empty your mind of God.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Not necessarily.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by region331

If everything is not physical, then the possibility of a God existing is valid.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by region331

If everything is not physical, then the possibility of a God existing is valid.

As is the possibility of anything and everything existing. Imagine away

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

There are millions upon millions of miracles that you'll never be able to explain and you're telling me not to belief in God? What kind of a sick human are you,
reply to post by Misbah

I'm the kind of sick human that's looking to see one particular miracle happen. Just ONE. I want to hear of a well-documented case where somewhere in the world a man's lost leg or arm grew back. That's all. Of all the millions of miracles you claim has happened, I just want to hear of that one.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApokalypsisRising
This God guy sure is popular for Him not to exist.

Unicorns and leprechauns are popular too.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
if you empty the mind, it fills back up.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Would you say thought is an abstraction?
I would say that words are an abstraction from the real thing but thought does happen, thought is experienced.

I would say thought is not a thing, but an event or action. So yes, it is an abstract noun, and therefore an idea only.

For instance, if I was to go for a jog, I am not going out to find or build something called a jog, but merely explaining in fewer words that from this time until that time, I will be jogging. Things called jogs don't actually exist outside of linguistic convenience, while me in the act or appearance of jogging does.

However, although words are themselves abstractions, some are concepts about real things, whereas others are concepts about concepts.

you can hook a machine up and measure your thoughts. a thought is a thing, a concrete thing-though extremely subtle

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

you can hook a machine up and measure your thoughts. a thought is a thing, a concrete thing-though extremely subtle

This is simply untrue. We can measure brain activity, not things called thoughts.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think we can safely say that you can directly measure a thought.
If you were to measure the voltage in a mains plug that was playing a DVD to a monitor, it wouldn't be fair to say theirs a direct correlation between the mains voltage and the DVD output.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think the OP just reached Nirvana.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Was going to say something meaningful but then I remember this site is filled with shills/trolls who rather lie than tell the truth. All I can say though is read into what you believe for yourself and you'll figure it out sooner or later (this is directed toward humans and not the lifeless sack of #s who sit behind computers spreading bs all day.)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
Was going to say something meaningful but then I remember this site is filled with shills/trolls who rather lie than tell the truth. All I can say though is read into what you believe for yourself and you'll figure it out sooner or later (this is directed toward humans and not the lifeless sack of #s who sit behind computers spreading bs all day.)

So you surrender to these so called "shills" and "trolls" because they may not agree with you?

Why are you on ATS then if you are afraid to speak up and state your opinion. That's meaningless

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Sometimes ideas lead to events. Or more specifically invents lol, inventions exist only in the mind as an idea before someone brings it into reality.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
OP... study Neuroscience. You will find your answer... Im not gonna give it to you, simply because as of now... I just don't have the time to do so. Its lengthy, but I will tell you that a belief is something we are wired with.

For many... a God or Gods fit their belief system.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
I'm sorry you can't remove God from my heart, He's the one that put it there and I chose to belief. God does exist, the matter is that you don't exist. I don't believe that you really do exist, I believe your opinion is just air and it cannot do anything but nothing.

There are millions upon millions of miracles that you'll never be able to explain and you're telling me not to belief in God? What kind of a sick human are you, You came from nothing and you became a man/women speaking against your creator? I feel pity for you that on the day of Judgement you'll be questioned on why you didn't belief in God, And you won't have an answer.

You don't even believe for yourself for a second that God does not exist, You'll always have it in your heart the thought that there must exist a God, He who created you from nothing but a tiny living organism. Shame on you, You think you're so great trying to tell me that God does not exist. I'll fight for God until the die, And when we meet on the other side, We'll decide who's the loser and who's the winner. Until then, May Allah guide you for verily the devil has missled you.

This is a very bipolar statement. At first I was like, WTF this guy can't be real but then I read "Allah" and it made perfect sense. You're still caught up in the winner/loser argument and feel "pity" for someone you does not agree with your ridiculous logic. Very Godly. Are you sure the OP is the one being misled?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Please rewrite. It makes no sense. You may have been drinking at the time.

I'd like to see what you're trying to get at if you can manage to write something that makes sense.

Use your mind to write it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Removing god from my mind would separate me from others, you have that all wrong. Most people believe in god so not believing me would make me different than them. If you want to be that way go ahead, have at it. I also have mother earth in my mind all the time, I give thanks for her putting up with me all these years.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Believing in God is not a 'head'-thing. You can't force belief in God. Thinking 'God, God, God' all the time doesn't make any difference. Ah, I see my wrong here. (but read the thread, for the first guy with the bradpittavatar (I suppose it's brad pitt) and purplevortex shared the thought I wanted though). But then again,

I've got what I meant.

You can't invoke God with words in your mind. hn, then again, this seems wrong now. For me this was like that.

But one can't think himself into believing he is one with God. ahah, such people are very funny though.

I think my rootchackra is f*cked.

It's time I get myself a woman.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Me saying 'God is everchanging' must bring you to a state of awareness about God, that God is fast/quick.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Me saying 'God is everchanging' must bring you to a state of awareness about God, that God is fast/quick.

Not if you don't provide support for your statement.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join