It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There can be no God in your mind/ empty your mind of God.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What would having God in your mind make of yourself?

It would seperate you from others. You would differ in a wrong way from other people, yet it would be no problem at all. But spirit God doesn't allow this to be. No shortcuts to the cause of all things. They aren't needed, for you must be what God is.

Is it impossible to have God in your mind?

I suppose so, yes. Your mind is for different things.

Is it an ilness 'having God in your mind'?

I think so. It makes you any effect anymore of the cause of all things.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm sorry you can't remove God from my heart, He's the one that put it there and I chose to belief. God does exist, the matter is that you don't exist. I don't believe that you really do exist, I believe your opinion is just air and it cannot do anything but nothing.

There are millions upon millions of miracles that you'll never be able to explain and you're telling me not to belief in God? What kind of a sick human are you, You came from nothing and you became a man/women speaking against your creator? I feel pity for you that on the day of Judgement you'll be questioned on why you didn't belief in God, And you won't have an answer.

You don't even believe for yourself for a second that God does not exist, You'll always have it in your heart the thought that there must exist a God, He who created you from nothing but a tiny living organism. Shame on you, You think you're so great trying to tell me that God does not exist. I'll fight for God until the die, And when we meet on the other side, We'll decide who's the loser and who's the winner. Until then, May Allah guide you for verily the devil has missled you.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That raises the question, What is the mind? Is it the same thing as the brain? Or is there only physical existence in this world? If so, what does a thought weigh? Or shall we be of the Cartesian school and say that the mind and the body are separate?

How can anyone determine reality from a third person perspective(scientific observation)?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
How can you empty your mind of godliness when your mind is godliness? You are divine. Your essence is divine. Everything is divine, but only those with the imagination to make the most of such divinity will recognize it.

Divinity - imagination - creation - joy.
edit on 5-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So is your mind something different than the physical brain inside your head? A ghost in the machine? Or is everything physical?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

So is your mind something different than the physical brain inside your head? A ghost in the machine? Or is everything physical?

Everything is 99.999 % air. Tell me, what is physical, exactly? Your hand? No. The illusion of solidity is actually the clashing of electromagnetic forces created by the particles comprising your flesh. The same goes with every other "physical" surface. In truth, all of our "physical" reality is energy. But the vast majority extends beyond our physical sensory systems.

This is why I laugh when people state so certainly that there is or is not a deity. You cannot know for a fact. Psychologically speaking, it's unlikely. But you can't know for a fact. But 99.999% of the world's facts lie beyond our perception, and a lot of it lies outside technological detection as well.

We are a teenage species. As of yet, we know very little about the universe. And right at the bottom of that list is the OP's claim.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of
God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the
former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion 55 his moral sense becomes developed, man's
thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and
more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and
incomplete.

“God exists. You cannot doubt His existence, and that is one essential point. Do not seek to
go beyond it; do not lose yourselves in a labyrinth which, for you, is without an issue Such
inquiries would not make you better; they would rather tend to add to your pride, by causing
you to imagine that you knew something, while, in reality, you would know nothing. Put
aside systems. You have things enough to think about that concern you much more nearly,
beginning with yourselves. Study your own imperfections, that you may get rid of them; this
will be far more useful to you than the vain attempt to penetrate the impenetrable."

- Allan Kardec

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I tend to agree with your position (idealist) as opposed to materialist. But the prevailing philosophical school of thought presently is materialism.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

A ghost in the machine?

Sure,

Or is everything physical?

I tried convincing myself of that recently after losing who I considered my soul mate, futile attempt as I always believed otherwise that nothing is physical/material.

Was almost there until what many would call coincidences started flooding my being, left right and centre,

It was going against my own grain because what I believe in and always have is experiencing, that is our whole purpose, to experience creation, to experience the physical, the experience the spiritual, love hate pain happiness, are we not here to experience anything you can think of?

I am under the impression from my life alone that our existence is only consciousness experiencing materialism.

When one becomes conscious of something unknown to it, their experience changes via the transformation of their perception.

I think I repeated myself a few times in this post, sometimes words can confuse feelings when being expressed.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'll fight for God until the die, And when we meet on the other side, We'll decide who's the loser and who's the winner. Until then, May Allah guide you for verily the devil has missled you.

Hi

You started of sounding sane
Then finished sounding like a deranged padded cell job.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I tend to agree with your position (idealist) as opposed to materialist. But the prevailing philosophical school of thought presently is materialism.

That's because materialism tends to appeal to our vessels more. Such distinct sensations are much more fulfilling than spiritual pursuits, in the minds of the shallow.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I too believe that the mind is separate from the body. I believe that we are spiritual beings inhabiting a physical body. I have a dualistic approach to the universe, believing that both physical and non physical coexist, both within our known dimensions and within unknown dimensions.

This is why the existence of God cannot be proven/disproven by scientific method. There is no science (legitimate) built on the study of "ghosts". This is why the prevailing worldview among the sciences is monistic materialism.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Exactly. Materialists want to say that every subjective thought can be traced back to physical, chemical interactions within the billions of neurons in your physical brain. This eliminates the possibility of deity ( a non-physical ghost) and seemingly wraps it up in a nice little package for them. Which brings me back to one of my original questions...What does a thought weigh? What about an idea? What is the mass of love? Hate?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Such distinct sensations are much more fulfilling than spiritual pursuits, in the minds of the shallow.

Much more fulfilling than abstract objects and ideas? Absolutely; but only because they are capable of fulfilling, being tangible, substantiated and real. Your spiritual abstractions? They are about as fulfilling as other things that don't exist outside of dreams. The harder you clutch onto and strive for things that don't exist, the more difficult it is to be fulfilled in any way, unless you begin to believe your own ignorance.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What does a thought weigh? What about an idea? What is the mass of love? Hate?

Zero. Abstractions don't exist.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You cannot invite logic to the same table that God is sitting. Humble yourself and sit at the lower end and you will be honored to move up higher.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Is an abstraction physical?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Didn't God create logic?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This God guy sure is popular for Him not to exist.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Didn't God create logic?

My comment was more of a metaphor illustrating that one cannot use logic (mind) to understand/find god. God is beyond logic. God is in ones heart. The polarization of mind/heart deters people to grasp the idea of god. jmho.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join