It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Unfortunately, It is like people think...at least those who are keeping tabs anyway.

This doesn't just run to the DHS...diverse and numerous federal agencies are ALL at the massive ammo buying game.

Or more to the point, diverse and numerous federal agencies are being listed as having made bulk ammo buys.

This way, it will spread the total buy around departments, and help to conceal how many are actually being bought total.

The weather service is just one department that has 'bought' multi-millions of rounds...the weather service!

I hear those tornados can get mouthy, and need a hundred million hollow point lesson now and again.

There is a thread on here about who supposedly bought what and how many, can't find it now, but i read it and was repeatedly doing a WTH! at my monitor...i remember thinking what the hell do meter maids meed 60 million rounds of ammo for (for example, it might not have been meter maids, but you get the idea!)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Searching awarded contracts, I see Navistar doing business with the Department of Defense, but nothing with Homeland Security or any of its child agencies. Where is gateway pundit getting its information from?

ETA: I see, GWP is stating that they are being ported from the US Army. Makes digging for this information a bit more tedious.
edit on 4-3-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by MysterX

Are you sure that you are from the UK?

I guess I am used to UK members that have an opposite viewpoint than yours. It is refreshing.

Thank you.

I'm grateful for America. Neither of our countries are perfect, our history is full of dark and bleak episodes...but i know that without Great Britain and The United States...the world would more than likely be a hell of a lot worse than it is now.

I'd just like to see the freedoms and opportunities both our peoples have fought very hard for continue.

Without a free America and Americans, the UK and more than likely the rest of the world has had it...simple as that.

We're not all up our own backside snobs over here.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by hp1229

MARTIAL LAW Not "Marshall Law"...from Mars the God of War not a reference to a western law enforcement officer (ie marshall). Our tax dollars at work...I guess if they have a Domestic Security Force then they can defacto do away with Posse Comitatus (as they fuse federal and local law enforcement).

are sure its not"MARITAL LAW"? Cuz i'm damn sure ready for a divorce

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by bekod

Unfortunately, It is like people think...at least those who are keeping tabs anyway.

This doesn't just run to the DHS...diverse and numerous federal agencies are ALL at the massive ammo buying game.

Or more to the point, diverse and numerous federal agencies are being listed as having made bulk ammo buys.

This way, it will spread the total buy around departments, and help to conceal how many are actually being bought total.

The weather service is just one department that has 'bought' multi-millions of rounds...the weather service!

I hear those tornados can get mouthy, and need a hundred million hollow point lesson now and again.

There is a thread on here about who supposedly bought what and how many, can't find it now, but i read it and was repeatedly doing a WTH! at my monitor...i remember thinking what the hell do meter maids meed 60 million rounds of ammo for (for example, it might not have been meter maids, but you get the idea!)

Well now we know where we can find most of that ammo when we run out.....At every Doppler Radar station

I sure hope they have some SS109 or some hurtnberger

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

We are a small coastal town in Ca, just noticed a fleet of white vans and white cars with gov exempt lic sitting in a vacant lot. Anyone else notice this kind of thing or know why they would be there? There is around 20 vehicles.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by MysterX

Are you sure that you are from the UK?

I guess I am used to UK members that have an opposite viewpoint than yours. It is refreshing.

Thank you.

I'm grateful for America. Neither of our countries are perfect, our history is full of dark and bleak episodes...but i know that without Great Britain and The United States...the world would more than likely be a hell of a lot worse than it is now.

I'd just like to see the freedoms and opportunities both our peoples have fought very hard for continue.

Without a free America and Americans, the UK and more than likely the rest of the world has had it...simple as that.

We're not all up our own backside snobs over here.

Very Well Stated!!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

OK...can you help me with a legitimate source for 2,700? All find is the echo-chamber of the internet...Briebart, Free-republic etc. etc. all citing one another.

Also....MRAP??? Civilian modified MRAP?...How is that a "Tank"?
edit on 4-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Could you provide us some pictures

why they're 3 or 4 threads about the same topic?
edit on 4-3-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Thread killer.

Start on page one and read through page 3. Some of your concerns have already been addressed in this lengthy thread. You just need a little patience...

Honestly, my take on this is that some older information regarding Marine and Army retrofits has been somehow misinterpreted somewhere in the mess of cyber world. I found two documented sources indicating a Marine and an Army contract for 2717 MRAP's... Somewhere along the line, someone added that the Army bought these for DHS and could not verify anything of the sort. No doubt that DHS as at least a couple of these vehicles....

DHS is such a massive beast, there is no telling how they could really blur the lines of procurement for such a vehicle in larger quantities.....

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

While the 2,717 number may very well be incorrect, let us remember some of the things that we hear in the video, spoken by an admitted member of the DHS.

He says that his 17 member team of 'operators' cover west Texas and New Mexico. He also says that they can be called out to assist teams in other regions.

The other thread on this subject shows a different MRAP, in desert paint scheme and fitted with RPG defense standoff grills. It also has DHS logos on it.

If you can't find any info on the sale of any MRAP's to DHS, where did these two come from?

How many more are there that are 'undocumented'?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
why they're 3 or 4 threads about the same topic?
edit on 4-3-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

It's so when someone debunks it, they can switch the other thread into the headline spot.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i'm sure these are just standard procedure for target practice and training scenarios too.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
That about confirms that US of A is about splat all over the wall...

Just another way of saying S is about to Hit The Fan.

Peace
edit on 4-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So the "source" of this post is The Gateway Pundit who used The Modern Survival Blog as their "source" through a video released by DHS via Pat Dollard who unsuccessfully ran for President in 2012.

Does anyone have any actual source or documents or anything? Not to say that The Gateway Pundit, Modern Survival Blog or Pat Dollard are bad sources, but...

Seems the Pundit, Blog and Mr Dollard are more concerned with the specs of the vehicle and not the actual proof of purchase.

"I dug a little deeper and here are the specs."

I think I'd be more interested in, "I dug a little deeper and found the purchase agreements for these vehicles."

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Posted 19 minutes before you did, EXACT same title hahahaha

existing thread

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lou Dobbs just brought this up on his show both the ammunition purchases, and the vehicles.

Take that nay sayers.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Really? What did he have to say on the topic? Did he say 2,717 vehicles were purchased by DHS? Please satisfy the curiousity of this poor naysayer?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Those aren't "light armored vehicles"

They're buses!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
reply to post by neo96

Really? What did he have to say on the topic? Did he say 2,717 vehicles were purchased by DHS? Please satisfy the curiousity of this poor naysayer?

Yep he covered all the bases

Ar (pdw)purchases
Ammo purchases
armored vehicle purchases.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join