It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Dating...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Don't worry your not missing anything. I have cruised these sites for longer then I would like to admit. I used to date in the begining but now I just look around. Almost all women post older photos which can be a real shocker when you meet them. After that happens a couple of times you realize it is a waste of time. If your lucky enough to meet someone who is true to their photo, just wait, it won't be long till you figure out why she is on a dating site. And the rest of women who are lookers seem to think that they are somehow special and above all the rest. These are the easy ones to spot (providing you take the time to read into their profile).
Trust me when I say you are not missing anything! Consider yourself lucky at this point. Save your money and treat yourself to the finer things in life and be glad someone else isn't spending your money.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
reply to post by GermanShep

Nice to hear a success story, I have everything to gain and nothing to lose at this point so I'll keep trying.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Wang Tang because: above top secret

Yea never give up... New females join these sites everyday so it isn't like your stuck with the choices that are on there today. But most of all just don't lie. You want a person that wants you for YOU. That is what turns into love.

Don't forget that saying... Good things come to those who wait.

Gs
edit on 3-3-2013 by GermanShep because: Add

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What I can't help noticing is the lack of respect shown by many of the posters. Women, like men who honestly like the company of women. Some of the responses have been thoughtful, but most have been comtempuous of women and women (healthy ones anyway) can sense comtempt a mile away.

When you are happy and whole (this goes for men and women) in yourself - only then are you really able to form intimate (not sexual) relationships. Until that time - friends with benefits are awesome and easy to find for honest people of all ages, sizes and preferences.

Don't ever expect any one person to fix you or take care of you. Friends (and lovers) support you in taking care of and improving yourself.

What I'm hearing here, in this thread, is childish ranting against THEM (in the form of all women on dating sites) and not a sincere attempt to improve character and presentation.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If you live in or near a decent sized town, then plentyoffish.com is a pretty good one, I had a lot of luck with it when I lived in the Seattle area. Not so much here in rural Oklahoma though.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I broke up with my girlfriend recently and that # broke my heart, so now I'm looking for a boyfriend with PS3 and his own apartment preferably. But we must never have sex or even kiss because that's gross

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Don't let the on line dating get you down. Confidence is very important if you want any responses. Respect and a sense of humor are important as well. I agree with the above post POF is a good site and it is free. If you want to pay money your success will increase. I have been online dating for a few months and its been a learning experience. What I learned is if you want a woman to reply you have to ask the right questions. Don't try to impress them with complements. Look at their profile close and find something to work with. For example the last woman I talk to and dated was learning to play the guitar. I play the guitar so I let her know and asked her if she could learn three songs what would they be? I made her think so she responded quick. I did not know the songs she picked but a quick search on the I tunes store samples an ultimate guitar for the cords I could tell her how to play them. Questions require answers and if you make them think, your chances are better to get a reply.
edit on 3-3-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Depending on how old you are if you are old enough to say the hell with it I am happy living and sleeping alone cor last of my days as I bitterly look at the opposite sex then by all means give up. I am no fool I know what I wish i was normal looking maybe I would have better luck with women. But in truth I am so pretty straight guys check me out when my long hair is down(i am Native American). If you want any kind of reply you have to ask yourself what are you looking for. If you are looking for an 8 through 10 good luck.... Women like this get a ton of mail. The only way to make yourself stand out is to be creative with your message. I found it didnt matter what pic of myself I posted, which was a bit of a switch. But the same creativity that I posses in writing and artistically helped immensely. Lots and lots of messages sent with few replies. But the ones who did reply did so because of the content and makeup of my messages as opposed to just my appearance. As with real life, many times you approach a beautiful woman it takes less than a few seconds for her to decide whether or not to talk to you.... Based on everything from you appearance to how you carry yourself. Online you dont get that luxury..... So it is in your messages that make you stand out against the douches and pushovers. I ran into a forum about combatting spam and scams. One guy had a decent way to detect fakes. Make a new email address especially for these messages and sign up for various sites and look at the people in your area. Chances are there will be fakes galore. Many of them used the same old tired pics... Copy and paste profiles sometimes word for word. Other time the truth is in the details... Like look at the description of themselves then look at the pic. Other times a small phrase like "cinema" means they arent in the country. There are flakes people who send messages by the ton and when it comes to meeting face to face they give every excuse under the sun. But my current love I met online... And I can tell you this without online we never would have met. Both of us were under the same circumstances.... Small town and limited social scene. I also happen to be Native and being who I'm related to. I am related to pretty much every native in the State of Nevada. I went 1200 miles from home and still ran into family. I have noticed that the type of people that give up on online dating arent the types that can get dates without the internet. Taking advice from them is your call. But its the fact that some of them have become involuntarily celebrate because of anti social behavior is no reason for you to hold their words as gospel in just thrown hour hands up and give up. Never lie because on that first daye should you get one, unless you are a master class level politician level liar it will not end well. Keep your choices reasonable.... Dont think twice about messaging any of the ladies but know that the attractive one will rarely reply if at all. Another bit about the really pretty ones.... As I can see you are ATS and probably "deny ignorance". Sadly the most beautiful women revel and enjoy their ignorance many times wave those. Outdated things called college degree in your face when you challenge their fragile belief system. You dont have to slip her the red pill, if she even sees one she will set a new land speed record in the other direction. They dont want to know the truth because it will mean popping her little bubble. And like 99% of all western women logic and truth mean nothing to them.... Jus sayin....

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Just rape them, works everytime...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CriticalCK
reply to post by Wang Tang

Just rape them, works everytime...

Wow really??

I can see you're mood matches your post. Even as a joke.....not funny.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

I agree with the above post POF is a good site and it is free. If you want to pay money your success will increase.

Actually I don't think that's generally true. It's one of the reasons I suggested PoF. Free dating sites attract large member bases. Especially PoF. More people better the chances. People that pay might take it more seriously? Might balance out that way... but I'd rather there be more local members to sort though.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I was not talking about paying on a free site like pof. I meant different sites. But free sites work just fine.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Honestly, I think what she did was a dick move more to the other guy. It means she was talking to that guy, while still giving out her number flirting with other guys.

Right. I guess we see things differently. I don't think she was being a dick to him either. Flirting and giving her number is not only okay but what she should be doing. She is single and looking. What it means.

If you're not in a committed relationship then you don't have the obligation of being exclusive in that manner. It's not uncommon in the dating sphere for people to date more than one person at a time. If you want 'exclusive dating' make sure you communicate that up front so you can figure out right away if that's something she would agree to or not.

From my years on the dating boards talking with people, the norm was not 'exclusive dating'. Usually that exclusivity was a privilege for a 'relationship'. Just cuz you're dating doesn't mean you're in one ^_^

If that's what you prefer, definitely communicate it in the beginning so you can dodge that emotional bullet.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

I think I know what you meant?

I am saying free pof is superior to paid sites. In my experience. The reason being a larger memberbase. I'm sure I am biased tho. I spent most my time on that one and I really like free

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I agree. Free sites are the best. I just made a date plan on one. You just don't know.
edit on 3-3-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Ah right on

I have neglected my profile for a while. Currently I am surprisingly content being single and investing my energy in work and leisure.

I did have success getting dates as well. So hope this is all encouraging for the OP. Now finding the 'One' is another idea altogether

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yeah part of the reason why I was willing to try out online dating is I'm not really looking for the "one" right now, I'm just looking to meet new people, go on some dates, and have a good time. I'm still very skeptical about meeting the one online.

Because of where I am I would only be able to do a long distance relationship and I'm not expecting anyone to commit to that, if they do then that would be cool, but I will be content if I can get a few dates here and there and get to know a few more girls.

My big problem right now is most of the girls I know are from back home but they are all self-absorbed materialistic #s (welcome to the richest county in the U.S.) so I really want to go outside my area. A big reason why it hasn't worked out with me and girls in my area is their level of superficiality creates a block between them and me and I can't break it, especially when I can't see them more than once every few months.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I met my ex online, not a dating site, but a website for people who share the love of a certain legal (with a Dr.'s recommendation in California. She is an amazing woman, bit my alcoholism ruined that. I have friends who do great on certain websites (at least they are getting plenty of goods looking booty calls) and a couple friends who have found love on those sites. I'd prefer to meet in person, however I met the love of my life online and know its possible ...... if your not viewing the world from the bottle of a bottle.

Don't be shy, especially online. Rejection isn't the end of the world. Try your luck with girls you find attractive whom also share similar interests. Remember, just because you're online does not give you a free ticket to be rude or a pervert. Be respectful and polite, it goes a long way. Also saying "what's up sexy" and similar greetings are unoriginal and a lot of girls aren't fond of it.

Oh and a quick final note, guys and gals beware of the angled "MySpace shot" that can fool even the sharpest eye ;-p

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Not if you think there is such a thing as a perfect guy.

They all need the proper training first.

Wow. As a woman, I find this sort of appalling.

My FIL is "well-trained". What a miserable, hen-pecked bastard he is. Your average house cat has more rights and freedoms than he does.

When women say things like this I think it's just a polite way of saying "I control men".

It's not for me.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick

Originally posted by Hopechest

Not if you think there is such a thing as a perfect guy.

They all need the proper training first.

Wow. As a woman, I find this sort of appalling.

My FIL is "well-trained". What a miserable, hen-pecked bastard he is. Your average house cat has more rights and freedoms than he does.

When women say things like this I think it's just a polite way of saying "I control men".

It's not for me.

This is Why some of us Men's Rights advocates Yes I am an M.R.A. call this type of behavior They all need the proper training first is Classic Feminazi Bulldyke Behavior.

Your the type of "lady" HopeChest that gives ALL WOMEN a bad name!
edit on 4/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: Correcting errors in posting

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Confidence. Confidence. Confidence. Women love confidence.

They are not too bright thought lol lucky for us. They often contradict themselves and change their mind like the wind. I could go into the social and psychological reasons why. But I'm on my phone.

I tried the dating sites and they are easy to score. It's a numbers game. Just keep at it.

Remember success breeds success. Good luck buddy. And lol to all the ladies posting in here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join