It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hi! I am a retired librarian who, as would be expected, loves to learn. I am especially interested in ancient knowledge and specific aspects of the human experience I can be best described by the words of the Athenian philosopher Socrates, who stated, "One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing." Based upon my life's experience, I hold most "knowledge" to be hypothetical. Thus, my search is life-long. I hope that who I am, will be accepted in your community.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by truthdetective

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

** As a side note, you might want to take a look at our Ancient & Lost Civilizations Forum.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ohhhh I love librarian's!!! Welcome welcome! I look forward to seeing your threads and posts out on the boards. So glad your here.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. I look forward to meeting you in the forums....

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Welcome

edit on 2-3-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for the welcome, moderator. It is exciting to be a part of your community.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you DestinyOne. It took me a long time to make the decision to join. I am, by my very nature, an introvert. So, this is a leap for me.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Thank you SpaceSpider. I look forward to discussing great things with you. A library may contain wonderful writings, but never forget that those books were written by ordinary people like us. We all have one, or possibly many, stories to tell. ATS is a good place to do so.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
We are Rigel4.... We offer greetings sire!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

What a warm welcome. Thank you. If you like librarians, then you must love the written word. Are we so fortunate to have been born into a time when learning and reading are possible? When I open my Kindle, I sometimes think about long ago when only the wealthy and powerful were allowed exposure to written knowledge. Then, I remember to be thankful! Have you ever read about Hypatia, the great female scholar of Alexandria who some believe (but have yet to prove) was the librarian of the ancient library of Alexandria?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Groans, oh the library at Alexandria, yes I know of it. One of the worst days in ancient history imho when they burned it down. The tragedy!

I have a lame half-baked theory that Leonardo da Vinci wasn't really the genius everyone thinks he is, but through membership in a secret society he had access to books rescued from that library. Crazy theory, they abound here,

Don't even get me started on the Kindle and MP3 players too. Both seem like magic and miracles to me. When I was in High School I stood on a street corner, can in hand, to collect money so my town could have a library, through a federal matching funds program. The idea that I can hold 1000 books in my hands.......I am humbled and in awe. So libraries and by extension librarians are revered places and people to me.

Yes I am an avid reader
Please make a thread about Hypatia. I would love to read it.

new topics

top topics

join