It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Western-Style Instrumental I Wrote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here we go.

Hope you like it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So sick.
Your a grate guitar player.
Thats coming from some one that has been playing for 10 years.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
really good work, congrats! sounds like it could easily make a theme tune for some western movies
keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"So sick.
Your a grate guitar player.
Thats coming from some one that has been playing for 10 years."

- Ha. Thanks. I'm not really a great guitar player, that was a nightmare to play - if I were great that would've been easy. I think I'm more of a singer, really. But I'm glad you liked it! I enjoy listening to and making music that has some emotional value.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
"really good work, congrats! sounds like it could easily make a theme tune for some western movies keep up the good work!"

- Thank you, sir! Indeed, I'm thinking about making at least a mini-LP of country/western style music in Finnish, with some instrumentals in it. I don't think it's been done before - at least I haven't heard it.

Very glad you enjoyed it!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kerhonen

very nice!
it's easy to listen to, as well. mellow, doesn't ask too much of my nerves lol

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

no problem buddy! sounds like a plan...!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"very nice!
it's easy to listen to, as well. mellow, doesn't ask too much of my nerves lol "

You know, that is great to hear. I wanted it to be sort of hard-edged, but still... accessible. That is great to hear and it satisfies me to know you've enjoyed it!

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Very nice

reminds me of a vibe similar to 'The Ventures'

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"Very nice

reminds me of a vibe similar to 'The Ventures"

- Thank you.
I don't believe I'm too familiar with The Ventures, though a quick study reveals they're quite popular. I should give them a listen!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerhonen
"Very nice

reminds me of a vibe similar to 'The Ventures"

- Thank you.
I don't believe I'm too familiar with The Ventures, though a quick study reveals they're quite popular. I should give them a listen!

Yea I dont know, just something about your playing reminded me of them, surf rock style, maybe the kind of guitar too... You do have epic solos thought
very technical and nice
Something of which im not denying the talent of the guitarists of the ventures could solo, but they started out playing in some conservative times,

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
ImaFungi,

very cool! Thanks for the links!

I know both of those songs very well from my childhood, now that I've heard them again - the name of the band had strayed off my mind!

I like that style and I think I can see where you're coming from. Not really that keen about the surfing thing, but I do enjoy a good rockabilly tune - and there are undisputable similarities guitar-wise between this and the stuff I picked up watching the old western.

top topics

join