It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satanic Panic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

This actually sounds like an argument against. If the music itself is the road to hell then why show your hand by adding the symbols and imagery?

If someone is already in his hands then what does a musician (double whammy there) have to offer? That means that the buying and selling of souls has no market.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by SubAce

This actually sounds like an argument against. If the music itself is the road to hell then why show your hand by adding the symbols and imagery?

If someone is already in his hands then what does a musician (double whammy there) have to offer? That means that the buying and selling of souls has no market.

No, it merely reflects the mental bent of Satan and his demons and perpetuates it upon mankind. There is nothing secret about it.

Satan doesn't have to worry about being so blatant about it anymore, as much as he used to be, because no one believes he exists. You can watch a purely Satanic movie or music video and not give it a second thought, because in your mind he doesn't exist. So why would he have to worry about hiding it?

Unfortunitly many who are inexperienced play with the occult only to find out too late that wicked spirits are all too real. Satan uses it like an expert fishermen uses bait. He know what attracts and lures the unsteady and inexperienced, and he dangles it in front of them, and the inexperienced must pass on by and suffer the consequences. Too many examples of people fooling around with the occult exist to scoff at the notion, only later to be plagued by demons, and tortured, lead into insanity, and sometimes even into committing murder and suicide. It is happening all around you my friend, and I doubt not to a few on this board.
edit on 4-3-2013 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce
Satan doesn't have to worry about being so blatant about it anymore, as much as he used to be, because no one believes he exists. You can watch a purely Satanic movie or music video and not give it a second thought, because in your mind he doesn't exist. So why would he have to worry about hiding it?

But you stated that he already has the world in his hands while many argue that they are there to win you over.

Unfortunitly many who are inexperienced play with the occult only to find out too late that wicked spirits are all too real. Satan uses it like an expert fishermen uses bait. He know what attracts and lures the unsteady and inexperienced, and he dangles it in front of them, and the inexperienced must pass on by and suffer the consequences. Too many examples of people fooling around with the occult exist to scoff at the notion, only later to be plagued by demons, and tortured, lead into insanity, and sometimes even into committing murder and suicide. It is happening all around you my friend, and I doubt not to a few on this board.

This contradicts what you previously posted. He doesn't need bait if he already has the world in his boat. So which is it?

edit on 4-3-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Why do you single out the 80s?

Because that's around the time when everyone believed in Satan...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mortalhelix
These women are dancing around half naked in piles of men while little kids look up to them. But it's ok, because it has no influence right...

This is a good example and it is a cultural thing. In some places far more conservative female acts would get the same critique and in others people might think that your comment is prudish.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I don't know what I believe, but entire cultures have worshiped and publicly held mass ritual killings on behalf of their evil deities...now, human sacrifice is much more hidden. People generally don't like to be killed. Christianity(especially Catholicism) is pagan sun worship, to this day the Dhali Lama meets with Oracles--these "Oracles" are people that become possessed by spirits and basically set the agenda for Buddhism and Tibet. When there are people in positions of power or influence, like entertainers, religious leaders, or even politicians that believe in and worship Satan(or Moloch, Satan's #2) and strive to achieve Satan's ideals by changing public policy or opinion, does it even matter if what they believe is perceived by the majority of people to be ludicrous, impossible, or simply a publicity stunt? They laugh as we emulate their satanic gestures, display their satanic symbols(consciously or not), and accept their Satanic ideals and agenda. I agree with you to an extent, we all have good and evil inside of us. There are, however, a few among us who are much more evil than good; and, it seems the majority of those people are in positions of significant power or influence--maybe because they are willing to throw their fellow man(or themselves)under the proverbial tracks to succeed...or maybe they actually sold their souls for success. I don't know...do you? I mean, I love classic rock and I even have a Dark Side of the Moon album cover tattoo--which is affiliated with Illuminati/Satan symbolism; but, I would rather try to love all living things, than to worship Satan(evil manifest or worship of the Self...however you like to break it down). For me personally, I think that whether or not you believe in God or Satan, just be aware of the fact that those who worship Satan will use use deception against us and have only Satan's interest in mind.

I know this is a bit lengthy, but think about this: If those in charge, members of the Illuminati and other Satanic affiliated, secret organizations, actually believe in Biblical prophecy of the second coming of Christ(the sun incarnate), then what's to stop them from trying to fulfill(or bring about the conditions to fulfill)the prophecy themselves? Like I said, I don't know what I believe; but, you should ask yourself again, is Satan just a silly gimmick? Belief is a powerful thing, whether you believe or not.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

But you stated that he already has the world in his hands while many argue that they are there to win you over.

Yes, but the words were not mine. I merely quoted what Jehovah God has to say on the matter. And then gave some proof positive points to show that it is true. There are many other points to show that mankind is really in Satan's control. For example, Paul, giving a prophecy about the "last days" given to him by Jehovah gave a list of the predominate mental disposition mankind would be in during this time, and this is what he had to say about the matter:

(2 Timothy 3:1-5) . . .But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

Is it not true that the list above coincides very well with the mental disposition of society around the world today? Are not the majority of the people, lovers of themselves, and self-assuming, and naughty, and disobedient to their parents, and unthankful, and disloyal, have no natural affection, have no self-control, are puffed up with pride, have a love of pleasure rather than a love of God, and even those who claim to be worshipers of God prove false to their claims by their gross and shameful conduct?

I am not arguing that he is here to win you over. He already has the world in his control. He utilizes his political, religious, and commerical systems of things to keep people enslaved and under his influence and control. It is not a matter of trying to get you under his control. He already has basically the entire world. There are a few he has no control over. He just doesn't want you to learn the truth, he doesn't want you to find the group of people who are not in his control. If your eyes were open you would be able to see that.

I am not arguing for or against the positions stated in posts previous to mine. I have been careful to avoid doing that. I am merely arguing what the Bible states is true, and showing you that Satan is really the ruler of the world, and already has all mankind in his control. Whether he uses a certain song or group of singers is beside the point.

Not all music is bad. But one does have to be selective. Because any music that permeates the spirit of the world, and of Satan is harmful to you.

This contradicts what you previously posted. He doesn't need bait if he already has the world in his boat. So which is it?

I agree that the Bible states that all mankind has already been mislead by Satan. For example it states:

(Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth...

And in another place:

(2 Corinthians 4:4) . . .among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,. . .

He uses different techniques to keep different people in his control and power. To some he may offer false religion. He has many religions for any type of whim that man may have, as long as it does not profess Jehovah God and his kingdom government.

He so-called Christians are under his control. Christendom is demonic and condemned in the Bible. But not even this should perplex us for God states:

(2 Corinthians 11:14) 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.

Satan utlizies nationalism and racism to keep the people divided, he uses worldly politics, pride, selfhish ambitions, he utlizes the occult to appease to the spirtual minded people who have big egos and who are either curious about the occult or who want power for whatever reason. They may already be mislead, but by utilizing each form of trickery he is able to keep people blinded.

When the scripture states that Satan has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, there is a means he is doing it. And the Bible tells us how. But we are not ignorant of his designs:

(2 Corinthians 2:11) . . .that we may not be overreached by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his designs.

(Ephesians 6:11) Put on the complete suit of armor from God that YOU may be able to stand firm against the machinations of the Devil;

(1 Peter 5:8) Keep YOUR senses, be watchful. YOUR adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour [someone].

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

These women are dancing around half naked in piles of men while little kids look up to them. But it's ok, because it has no influence right...

This is a good example and it is a cultural thing. In some places far more conservative female acts would get the same critique and in others people might think that your comment is prudish.

To me that says the culture of the US, or any place that promotes videos like that is ass-backwards. How is that accepted and adopted into a culture? Why would it be? Is it beneficial for women to behave like that? How? Do women like being looked at in that way? I doubt it...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce
Yes, but the words were not mine. I merely quoted what Jehovah God has to say on the matter. And then gave some proof positive points to show that it is true.

Whether they are yours or not doesn't matter. You agree with them and you are posting contradicting ideas. According to some we are born into his hands because of original sin. If people are already listening to the music, and that is damning enough, then for all practical purposes the imagery adds nothing.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mortalhelix

You said it, "to you" it might seem that way. My whole point is that it will look different to different people. Some choose to call that difference satanic and some of us don't, for whatever reason. It isn't because it frightens us or because we are good sheeple believing whatever we are told.

See here is the thing, religion can be used as a tool for controlling others and many people believe that is exactly what every religion, other than theirs, is doing.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

You said it, "to you" it might seem that way. My whole point is that it will look different to different people. Some choose to call that difference satanic and some of us don't, for whatever reason. It isn't because it frightens us or because we are good sheeple believing whatever we are told.

See here is the thing, religion can be used as a tool for controlling others and many people believe that is exactly what every religion, other than theirs, is doing.

Well, the conduct certainly is shameful, there is no doubt about it. It is not normal...

(Colossians 3:5-8) . . .Deaden, therefore, YOUR body members that are upon the earth as respects fornication, uncleanness, sexual appetite, hurtful desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of those things the wrath of God is coming. 7 In those very things YOU, too, once walked when YOU used to live in them. 8 But now really put them all away from YOU, wrath, anger, badness, abusive speech, and obscene talk out of YOUR mouth.

How true the saying has become:

(Isaiah 5:20) . . .Woe to those who are saying that good is bad and bad is good, those who are putting darkness for light and light for darkness, those who are putting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Here is another enlightening proverb, that explains the condition of those who think this shameful conduct is normal is:

(Proverbs 30:12) . . .There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes but that has not been washed from its own excrement.

A person that is bathed in excrement may not realize that he is really covered in disgusting filth, but one that is clean is able to see the difference. And God is Holy, he is a clean God.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by drockEst1983
I mean, I love classic rock and I even have a Dark Side of the Moon album cover tattoo--which is affiliated with Illuminati/Satan symbolism; but, I would rather try to love all living things, than to worship Satan(evil manifest or worship of the Self...however you like to break it down).

Doesn't this kind of prove that even if you emulate, to the point of marking your body, with what others may consider a satanic symbol it doesn't necessarily mean you are evil or satanic?

Like I said, I don't know what I believe; but, you should ask yourself again, is Satan just a silly gimmick?

I think the question is, can Satan just be a silly gimmick?

I think that the answer is yes.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

Again, to you, it might seem that way. That does not change that fact of what it really is.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Doesn't this kind of prove that even if you emulate, to the point of marking your body, what others may consider a satanic symbol it doesn't necessarily mean you are evil or satanic?

No it does not prove such a thing. Everyone that does not serve Jehovah God, by God's standard is considered wicked, for wickedness is simply something that does not meet up to God's standards of moral excellence. And furthermore all wickedness is soon to be done away with:

(Psalm 37:10) And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.

I think the question is, can Satan just be a silly gimmick?
I think that the answer is yes.

Not at all. The Bible is too explicit in who Satan is and what he is doing to mankind. Satan is a real person, and he has kept the majority of mankind in darkness, blinded mentally:

(Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth

(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,

Just because he has blinded most of mankind and mislead them, doesn't mean he doesn't exist:

(1 Peter 5:8) . . .Keep YOUR senses, be watchful. YOUR adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour [someone].

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by SubAce

Again, to you, it might seem that way. That does not change that fact of what it really is.

My opinion is of little consequence. On the other hand God's does have import:

(Galatians 5:19-21) . . .Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, 20 idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, 21 envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these. As to these things I am forewarning YOU, the same way as I did forewarn YOU, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s kingdom.

(Philippians 4:8) 8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well spoken of, whatever virtue there is and whatever praiseworthy thing there is, continue considering these things.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

reply to post by SubAce
My opinion is of little consequence. On the other hand God's does have import:

It doesn't to everybody. Only to you and those that believe what you believe.

You can do without the bible quotes. I don't even bother reading them. Sorry.

No it does not prove such a thing.

I would think that since the person with the tat "would rather love all things" it proves just that.

Not at all. The Bible is too explicit in who Satan is and what he is doing to mankind.

That doesn't mean that marketing set up to look like it is his work, may have not been his handy work.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Yes, believe what you want. If to you that behavior seems acceptable and doesn't raise any flags then I really don't know what to say nor do I have the desire to.

Not really a prude honestly, but there is a line. Is it not obvious when and how often nowadays it's being crossed? And how almost each day the line gets slowly pushed back a bit further so we tolerate more garbage? What are they gonna sneak in music/videos next that we are gonna try and justify?

Just realize these artists have millions of fans worldwide who they influence every second. Music is a different form of entertainment all together. Not like movies or games. Gets stuck in your head and loops specific parts over and over subconsciously. You don't even know you're doing it. Just don't rule out possibilities like this because they're "crazy" or out there.

That's all I'm saying

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Music is a reflection of society, so if there are satanic themes in music it can also be expected that such themes will be found in other parts of society. In trying to come to terms with what really happened on 9/11, finding a strong culture of ritual abuse and mind control methods has helped in understanding the situation. Such behavior is not new as it has been family and cultural tradition for many generations in some parts of the world. As increasing technological capabilities, scientific understandings and centralization of power has taken place so have the power and influence that these techniques employ.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Yes, believe what you want. If to you that behavior seems acceptable and doesn't raise any flags then I really don't know what to say nor do I have the desire to.

We all do that, that is what has us disagreeing so much.

Not really a prude honestly, but there is a line. Is it not obvious when and how often nowadays it's being crossed? And how almost each day the line gets slowly pushed back a bit further so we tolerate more garbage? What are they gonna sneak in music/videos next that we are gonna try and justify?

I never said you were. I said that some people would think that, while others might think that something you find very acceptable, is very lewd.

Just realize these artists have millions of fans worldwide who they influence every second. Music is a different form of entertainment all together. Not like movies or games. Gets stuck in your head and loops specific parts over and over subconsciously. You don't even know you're doing it. Just don't rule out possibilities like this because they're "crazy" or out there.

That's all I'm saying

I hear what you are saying and I am not ruling out a certain type of control of the masses through these means. I'm just saying that the end of these practices may be nothing more than profit. Soul selling and sin are not a given.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by drockEst1983

I don't know what I believe...

According to the rest of your post, you seem to believe in Satan, and Moloch, and that pop stars are devil-possessed pawns of the Illuminati. Does that help?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join