It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Prophecy, the End of Religion, and Shift to Universal Consciousness

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am not going to bother reading .. let alone replying to any more comments in here about religion .. I can literally feel myself getting dumber doing it .. So if you want to continue bashing your Bible .. Do so knowing I am ignoring you as you represent the brainwashed that need to be told by their own Vatican.

Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by MereDreamer

If anyone has lied and twisted the truth it's the people who put the bible together.

Is it only a coincidence that we don't see miracles today like they did in Jesus' time? Is it also only a coincidence that ever since technology and access to information has sky-rocketed, there have been less and less miracles being performed? I don't think so.

The TPTB in the time of Jesus took advantage of the common people's lack of knowledge and their fear of the unknown (death). We don't see anyone rising from the dead today because it has never happened before, the only reason people believe Jesus rose from the dead is because of fear tactics (hell) and empty promises (heaven). The ONLY reason people believe the stories in the bible is because it happened 2,000 years ago when everything was based on hearsay.

I ask and have in the past, how come all the science tested major miracles point directly to the crucified Christ, Second Person of the Blessed Trinity?

Two new studies on the Shroud. The Italian study found man cannot produce YET, the UV rays it took to
make the markings on the Shroud of Turin.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BornOfSin

Might be that it is time already? We are waiting for your release. IF you need to share anything trough cloud computing - let me know. I'll help ya.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

There are a few theories about how the shroud was made, and if I'm not mistaken there was a guy who replicated it by baking a piece of cloth in an oven a couple of years ago. All it took was a little pigment painted in the shape of a face, then the oven, and voila! An authentic, "supernatural" piece of fabric.
edit on 22-4-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

There are a few theories about how the shroud was made, and if I'm not mistaken there was a guy who replicated it by baking a piece of cloth in an oven a couple of years ago. All it took was a little pigment painted in the shape of a face, then the oven, and voila! An authentic, "supernatural" piece of fabric.

Thanks for asking,

It was testing done at the end of 2011 by Italian scientist. Since then, there are some new findings by another group of scientists but I haven't read them, I do know they aren't negative.

Excerpt from a December 2011 ABC article. ABC News is pretty secular.

I'll post the link to read the entire article and I'll look for the link to the latest testing....

abcnews.go.com...

God bless you 3NLIGHT,

+ + +

...The Italian researchers, who conducted dozens of hours of tests with X-rays and ultraviolet lights, said that no laser existed to date that could replicate the singular nature of markings on the shroud. They also said that the kind of markings on the cloth could not have come from direct contact of the body with the linen.

Previous investigation has determined the markings could not have come from pigments or dyes.

The Italian scientists said the marks could only have been made by “a short and intense burst of VUV directional radiation.”

Such technology did not exist in the time the skeptics claim the shroud could have been forged.

The scientists haven’t offered an explanation for how they believe the marks were made, but believers have long thought the shroud was miraculously marked when Jesus rose from the dead following his crucifixion.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

From another link:

Garlaschelli reproduced the full-sized shroud using materials and techniques that were available in the middle ages.

They placed a linen sheet flat over a volunteer and then rubbed it with a pigment containing traces of acid. A mask was used for the face.

PIGMENT, BLOODSTAINS AND SCORCHES

The pigment was then artificially aged by heating the cloth in an oven and washing it, a process which removed it from the surface but left a fuzzy, half-tone image similar to that on the Shroud. He believes the pigment on the original Shroud faded naturally over the centuries.

They then added blood stains, burn holes, scorches and water stains to achieve the final effect.

LINK

No lasers or UV needed.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The latest, March 2013, watch this ABC News video on the Shroud.

abcnews.go.com...

And, the "face cloth" you read about in Scripture is kept in Oviedo, Spain. The blood type and markings on the cloth match the Shroud.

www.catholicstewardsofcreation.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

From another link:

Garlaschelli reproduced the full-sized shroud using materials and techniques that were available in the middle ages.

They placed a linen sheet flat over a volunteer and then rubbed it with a pigment containing traces of acid. A mask was used for the face.

PIGMENT, BLOODSTAINS AND SCORCHES

The pigment was then artificially aged by heating the cloth in an oven and washing it, a process which removed it from the surface but left a fuzzy, half-tone image similar to that on the Shroud. He believes the pigment on the original Shroud faded naturally over the centuries.

They then added blood stains, burn holes, scorches and water stains to achieve the final effect.

LINK

No lasers or UV needed.

It says in the same 2009 article, this guy's claims, don't you think he is a bit biased?

"Garlaschelli received funding for his work by an Italian association of atheists and agnostics but said it had no effect on his results.

"Money has no odor," he said. "This was done scientifically. If the Church wants to fund me in the future, here I am."...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Who cares who funded it? The fact is he recreated the shroud with a little pigment and an oven. He recreated it with materials readily available in the 12th and 13th centuries which is when the radio-carbon testing dated it to.

He recreated it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Who cares who funded it? The fact is he recreated the shroud with a little pigment and an oven. He recreated it with materials readily available in the 12th and 13th centuries which is when the radio-carbon testing dated it to.

He recreated it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Uhhhh no.

He did not duplicate the shroud.

Producing an image that reminds one of the shroud is NOT the same thing by quite a margin.

Last I checked, NOTHING has been able to duplicate the extremely thin surface of the fibers image on the shroud.

And, the dating has now been affirmed as from the time of Christ.

The pollen grains matched Jerusalem of that era.

edit on 22/4/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I think this verse fits your situation pretty well:
3 Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Verse 1 of that chapter says "Judge not, that ye be not judged.". So it's regarding judging others.

I am not judging the original poster. I'm just saying he has used false and edited verses, thus explaining why I don't believe it. Please stop trying to make me wrong without addressing that issue.

However, whilst on this subject, I will quote Matthew 7:18
"A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

A belief built on lies cannot bring forth truth.

"You may want to re-evaluate your beliefs before calling someone else's a lie."

I'm not calling the original poster's belief 'a lie', I am saying it is founded on lies. Check the verses if you don't believe me. I did make a list.

When I see someone potentially leading people away from the truth (and ultimately leading them from God and salvation), it's my duty to question it.

I hope you can see the truth is right in front of you, coming from the Word of the Bible. I wish you good luck in life and hope you choose the truth thus leading to your salvation.

God bless.

Originally posted by BornOfSin
The 'Holy Spirit' is pleasure you dope.

So according to you, when Jesus breathes the Holy Spirit on the disciples, enabling them to forgive or retain sins, He just breathes a load of pleasure on them. (John 20:22-23)

(Also, it doesn't say Gabriel shared her bed once, never mind many more times. He just appeared to her in dreams.)

I am not going to bother reading .. let alone replying to any more comments in here about religion ..
.. So if you want to continue bashing your Bible .. Do so knowing I am ignoring you as you represent the brainwashed that need to be told by their own Vatican.

Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience

I am a Christian, not a Catholic, so the Vatican does not 'tell me' what to do or think.

Interesting you called me an 'idiot' and 'dope'. Pretty sure that's judging me. Jesus said what comes out of a man's mouth defiles him (as it represents what is in his heart). Anyways, if you want, I'll forgive you, but you'll need to ask forgiveness of all your sins from God. And you can only be forgiven because Jesus took your place.

Point still stands you used falsified and edited verses to support your belief. Lies don't spread truth. I really do wish you the best in life to and hope you eventually 'get it right'. You know now obviously that I believe the only way you can do that is through Jesus.

God bless.

edit on 22-4-2013 by MereDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's talking about being hypocritical, not judging others. Read the 2 verses after the one I posted. My point was that you assume this guys beliefs are based on lies yet you fail to realize that the same thing applies to you as well.

Christianity didn't become the biggest and richest institution in the world by chance, they forced their way to the top with lies and fear tactics. Why point out the dust in someone else's eye when you have a plank in yours? That plank is blinding you from the truth, and that truth is that you believe in a lie.

In my opinion...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It's talking about being hypocritical, not judging others. Read the 2 verses after the one I posted. My point was that you assume this guys beliefs are based on lies yet you fail to realize that the same thing applies to you as well.

Nowhere did I assume they were lies, so your 'point' there is invalid. He quoted them as verses from the Bible, but they are not the verses from any of the 31 Versions of the Bible on bible.cc, including Young's Greek Literal Translation. I can prove his lies. Simple.

Christianity didn't become the biggest and richest institution in the world by chance, they forced their way to the top with lies and fear tactics.

Also, Christianity is not an institution (also invalidating your second point as Christianity is a belief, therefore it's not rich either). I think you might be talking about the Vatican, in which case, I'll repeat - I'm not a Catholic and I don't agree with all the money they spend on paintings, halls and jewels either.

So now that's out of the way, back to the same point. This theory is founded on lies. Lies cannot spread truth. Truth is the way, lies are not. I hope you can see the truth that is right in front of you.

God bless.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You don't assume they're lies but you know they are lies and can prove it?

You just made your own argument invalid.

You may not be Catholic, but you still hold onto the doctrine that they made so popular. Did you know that not long after Constantine legalized Christianity, he started killing and persecuting those who refused to convert? How nice of him...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You don't assume they're lies but you know they are lies and can prove it?

You just made your own argument invalid.

You may not be Catholic, but you still hold onto the doctrine that they made so popular. Did you know that not long after Constantine legalized Christianity, he started killing and persecuting those who refused to convert? How nice of him...

How did I make my arguement invalid?
I CAN PROVE THE VERSES THAT HE SAID ARE FROM THE BIBLE ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE ACTUAL VERSES FROM ANY VERSION OF THE BIBLE.
I don't know how many more times I can say it. I don't know how else to say it.

I don't hold to Catholic doctrine. I don't pray to Mary, confess to a priest or believe in work based salvation.

Please do some research as you keep wrongly accusing me of things.

Constantine's behavior is irrelevant, I'm not Constantine and I don't agree with what he did. Unfortunately there are extremists in all walks of life. I agree that was a terrible thing to do.

So, with another group of false accusations corrected, I would urge you to stop avoiding the truth and admit you have been wrong (not to me, to God (and yourself)) and repent and ask for forgiveness in Jesus' name.

God bless.
edit on 22-4-2013 by MereDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You still follow the fundamental doctrine that he helped to promote, that of believing Jesus died for our sins and that works don't matter because of that.

You might want read up on what Jesus said about gaining eternal life. He states on multiple occasions that the Law is what saved, he never once mentions believing he died on the cross was a requirement. I think you're confusing Paul's words with those of Jesus. A common mistake for most Christians.

What Constantine did is very relevant. Why trust what a murderer signed off on? If he was evil enough to kill people for not converting, then what does that say about the religion he legalized?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by DivineEvolution

With the exception of the guy who claimed to be Mathew from the bible (for some reason I thought you as Mark though) I made a specific request to know more regarding you as I was confused by your sporadic style of posting to say the very least.

I was told that you are manifesting a grandiose design multiple personality disorder which stems from a degree of neglect by your peers during your formative teen years. They said that by responding to you I would be rewarding you with the attention that is craved within the creation of your personas.

I dont understand this, you speak the absolute truth, but someone who has a different idea has a mental health issu?
Is that what you meant or have i misunderstood?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You still follow the fundamental doctrine that he helped to promote, that of believing Jesus died for our sins and that works don't matter because of that.

What Constantine did is very relevant. Why trust what a murderer signed off on? If he was evil enough to kill people for not converting, then what does that say about the religion he legalized?

What Constantine did is NOT relevant to how accurate the Bible is. It shows he didn't understand it.

The serial killer Harold Shipman was a doctor, did he represent all doctors?
If one footballer gets arrested for drink driving, does he represent all footballers?

See where this is going?

I think what Constantine did was bad. Just because he behaved in that way doesn't mean the Bible is wrong, it just means he was.

You might want read up on what Jesus said about gaining eternal life. He states on multiple occasions that the Law is what saved, he never once mentions believing he died on the cross was a requirement. I think you're confusing Paul's words with those of Jesus. A common mistake for most Christians.

I'll show you how you're wrong.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

- so, where's The Father?

Matthew 10:32
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven"

John 10:7
"Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep."
John 10:9
"I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved..."

Luke 7:48
"And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven."
Luke 7:50
"And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace."

Faith salvation in Jesus, not works salvation, although faith without works is dead.

If you don't believe an innocent dying then how can the price be paid for the guilty?
If you don't believe Jesus died, how can your soul be saved.

The woman was saved by her faith NOT WORKS. She accepted Jesus as her Lord and savior. She was washed of her sins spiritually by his purity.

In John 10 Jesus says he will die for his sheep as He had been commanded by His Father.

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

John 10:17
"17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

Well we head on over to Isiah 53 to find out why.

"5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

"for he shall bear their iniquities.12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

Revelation 1:5

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

NOTHING THERE FROM PAUL. QUOTES FROM JESUS WITH FAITH SALVATION.

Faith without works is dead, so you have to have both. But you can't get to heaven based on works following the Law because you have broken it. And if you don't believe that you are forgiven of sins because an innocent took the punishment for them, then how can you ask for forgiveness? Your body will still die but if Jesus comes into your spirit your spirit can be saved. The people before Jesus' time were saved by believing on the prophecies in the Old Testament, that He would come and fulfill it so they would be forgiven. So they still required faith.

Repent and ask for Him into your heart today!

God bless.

edit on 22-4-2013 by MereDreamer because: Spelling error

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What about this?

Matthew 19
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’”

Or this?

Luke 10
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

Or this?

Matthew 5
18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So did Jesus lie to these people or did he tell them the truth? Why doesn't he mention his eventual death and resurrection as the most important part?

Also, believing he was who he said he was has nothing to do with his resurrection or death.

I believe he was who he said he was but I don't believe he died for our sins or resurrected. Wouldn't that mean that I will have eternal life since I believe he was God?

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join