It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love vs Tyranny

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The phenomenon of the church and its continued existence is well known.

The phenomenon of plagiarism? Absolutely.

I don't know what all you think worship is supposed to involve. All I was saying is to recognize that there is a help from outside of ourselves that we need.

Sycophancy.

He did, then it was written down, and we can read it today.

None of those accounts were written by his hand.

That's not something I suggest people doing.

I never said you did. I said other people do it. Lots of other people.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

. . . other people do it. Lots of other people.
Well . . study up on the New Testament to the point where you can demonstrate, when the topic comes up, that it does not support a "second coming" that a lot of people are so hysterical about.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The second coming of the Lord for any Christian will be when any of them truly commune with the Divine through their Master Jesus by loving God fully and their neighbor as oneself - just as he instructed his disciples and everyone to do.

Many Christians think they are let off the hook with Jesus' sacrifice - but Jesus kicks ass with his core commandments of love! If those commandments were actually lived fully and responsibly, the body-mind would be flooded with the Indivisible Light of God.
edit on 15-3-2013 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I do not need the New Testament to tell me what a tyrant is, nor what love is.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Jesus went up against tyranny of every form - with, in and for the sake of, love.

I used to be a real rebel just like you, but I re-read the gospels again with an open mind free from any contemptuous bias prior to investigation, and then something new and different that I'd never considered before began to percolate and now it's blossomed into a newfound awareness and understanding about love and tyranny.

I encourage you to give it another read with emphasis on the teachings of Jesus and what their deeper meaning and significance might be.

Forget Churchianity and all that - let's look into the wisdom teaching for what's of value.

i.e.:

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for what is right for they SHALL be satisfied."

Take this one for example, which implies in no uncertain terms that the deep nature of reality IS righteousness itself and even one capable of satisfying our hunger and our thirst..

Why ignore unparalleled genius such as this because of one's own bias and prejudice? That's not understanding and the desire for understanding.

edit on 15-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I stand for the freedom of destiny. I refuse to believe that salvation is restricted to the manifestation of a human male. It's so utterly narrow as to be the opposite of salvation.
edit on 15-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Depends on the true nature of the human being in creation - could be vast.. just say'n.. maybe there's more to us than meets the eye.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I do not need the New Testament to tell me what a tyrant is, nor what love is.
I think it would help you to effectively articulate it in the language of who apparently is your core target.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I think it would help you to effectively articulate it in the language of who apparently is your core target.

Irrationality only confuses the issue.

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join