It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Hackers 'Regularly Attack' China Websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

US Hackers 'Regularly Attack' China Websites

news.sky.com

Hackers based mainly in the United States attacked two Chinese military websites an average of 144,000 times a month last year, Beijing claims. The report steps up a war of words between the two countries, after a US security company said that a Chinese military unit was behind a series of hacking attacks on US firms. Now China's ministry spokesman Geng Yansheng said the sites for the Defence Ministry and China Military Online, a People's Liberation Army news webpage, have been hacked relentlessly.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
China is accusing the US of ' Fanning fear of China' and say that America is labelling China as hackers and playing the rhetoric ' china threat' in cyberspace. When they claim that they are just as much a victim of hacking, they also go on to say that the hacking accusations are groundless and have no basis in fact.

China state media have accused Washington of making China a scapegoat to deflect attention from US economic problems.

There is no doubt that a lot of hacking comes from China but I also see what they are saying about the 'deflect attention' tactics used by the government.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
IMHO, no one in this instance can be considered innocent.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hello world! Everyone is hacking everyone. They have done since terminal a was wired to terminal b. Where's the news?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

I think they are talking about hacking for malicious or surveillance purposes...

I for one think China is the only legitimate cyber threat to the US and I'm glad some in the intelligence community are pushing the issue. China is not a country you want to lose a war to. As strongly as I disagree with many of the actions of the US government, it is world's better than the Chinese government; I'd take this regime over that one any day.

Besides, if they are devoting cyber security resources toward addressing the Chinese hacker threat, those are fewer resources that will be spent harassing American hackers and digital rights activists, or fearmongering over groups like Anonymous.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No one should be surprised by this, or even question if its happening or not. Its standard practice in the US rogue government regime to claim innocence and persecution while behind the scenes taking the role of the aggressor who initiates the attacks on the claimed victimizer in the first place.

The US along with most governments in the world are composed of duplicitous serial lying psychopaths.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
USA is the undisputed champion of false flag, need we say more ?

uss maine ? northwoods ?

gulf of tonkin ? iraq ? afghanistan ?

Yeah !!!

CHAMPION of the world !!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mypan

I hope so...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This whole cyber war thing isn't good at all considering we owe them billions of dollers; i love how the MSM blows up when China attacks us, but doesn't say anything about what where doing. (This is assuming the people that attacked China were involved in the US goverment in one way or the other) Its going to get worse way before it gets better i know that for a fact.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
Hello world! Everyone is hacking everyone. They have done since terminal a was wired to terminal b. Where's the news?

Yeah but now i think its a little bit different. The internet and technology is so intertwined in the things we do on a daily basis, even a regular citizen. Getting food at a grocery store, driving your car, flying a plane. Almost anything can be connected in some way in computers, which is why computer hacking has become so much more prominent in the current age, because it causes a lot more damage in other words.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It isn't the US hackers that the Chinese need to fear, it is those CIA operatives working among the Chinese hackers, in China.

new topics

top topics

join