It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilgamesh Tomb Believed Found at Uruk!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

harte were enmerkar and gilgamesh listed separately?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It is quite amazing how there are multiple new discoveries of the ancient world happening almost on a daily basis now.
As archeologists dig deeper in the Earth we are able trace the history of Mankind back further and meanwhile, science is beginning to have a better understanding of the ancient "spiritual" teachings of the oriental world and how meditation can improve ones well-being in quite a few aspects and if that wasn't enough, it seems as if at least a major amount of the individuals of the population on Earth are beginning to open up their perspective and reflect upon their existence in new (or ancient, or a combination of the two) ways hopefully benifiting the natural evolution of Mankind and our future.

Exciting times! This is one of the most interesting finds in a long time. Thank you for sharing the information!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
You know that the religious community are going to be extremely nervous about this. That's all they need is more writings to prove the Bible was ripped off of Sumerian text.

I'm sure they will, and the Illuminati (first time I've ever typed that word here) will be rejoicing.

According to some authors this may well be the very reason the US invaded Iraq.
If that is true we're in for one hell of a wild ride.

Eta: For anyone wondering wth I'm talking about look up Ahriman's Gate.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ENMERKAR was nimrod. he was also egyptian NARMER
gilgamesh was later.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Harte

Yes.

Read the whole list at Wiki. Link

Gilly was the third king after Merky.

That's 1300 years after Enmerkar died, according to all the literalists in this thread!

Harte

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

Yes.

Read the whole list at Wiki. Link

Gilly was the third king after Merky.

That's 1300 years after Enmerkar died, according to all the literalists in this thread!

Harte

aye, that's why i had to go back and recalibrate the timeline. the closest i could get it was enmerkar, et al, nimrod / narmer, was just prior to babylon, so late akkadian period, which pretty much meshes with the establishment of abydos (although there's some debate on the grave records between periods). find date of black sea flood, add 200 years, around that time frame. not the 5600 BC date though. it was the 3000 BC date, i was working with.
edit on 28-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

aye, that's why i had to go back and recalibrate the timeline. the closest i could get it was enmerkar, et al, nimrod / narmer, was just prior to babylon,

That would depend on which wacko nutjob website you choose to believe.

Harte

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

aye, that's why i had to go back and recalibrate the timeline. the closest i could get it was enmerkar, et al, nimrod / narmer, was just prior to babylon,

Harte

have you read ENMERKAR AND THE LORD OF ARRATA?
you realize abydos is a real place
and that the black sea flood is a real event? and that narmer was the
first pharaoh of dynastic egypt?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
how is it that nobody's posted this yet?

you guys are slipping...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Harte

have you read ENMERKAR AND THE LORD OF ARRATA?

No.

you realize abydos is a real place

Well, sure. The one in Egypt is (not the one on Stargate.)

Originally posted by undoand that the black sea flood is a real event?

No question the Black Sea flooded. Som question as to from which direction the flood came. (Upsteream or downstream>)

Originally posted by undo and that narmer was the
first pharaoh of dynastic egypt?

Far as we know.

Anyway, I was talking about the reference to Narmer as Nimrod, as well as the time period.

Harte

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, why is that if the bible is considered a myth AND Gilgamesh is considered a myth, that more people are excited about this and ready to believe it only because a tomb is found - when a tomb from biblical text is found though not yet proven - people automatically dismiss biblical findings???

Many, many here spew hate on the bible but openly welcome something else that is, too, considered myth?
edit on 1-3-2013 by TwelveFifty because: added 1 more question.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwelveFifty
Out of curiosity, why is that if the bible is considered a myth AND Gilgamesh is considered a myth, that more people are excited about this and ready to believe it only because a tomb is found - when a tomb from biblical text is found though not yet proven - people automatically dismiss biblical findings???

Many, many here spew hate on the bible but openly welcome something else that is, too, considered myth?
edit on 1-3-2013 by TwelveFifty because: added 1 more question.

A tomb proves that someone died and was buried. the bible's claims are a little more flamboyant.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

keep going. narmer/enmerkar as nimrod. finish the thought. nimrod was a title. it meant rebel.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TwelveFifty

the real question is, why, if it can be proven that the ancient texts of the sumerians, akkadians, egyptians, babylonians, assyrians, ugarits, canaanites, and phoenicians were real, and that they tell the same history as the bible, just with different words and cultural foci, why only the biblical version is seen as untrue? how is that even physically possible?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Guys Gilgamesh was not annunaki, yes he the epic hero but he hated the annunaki. Enki was the bad reptilian boss of the annunaki back then.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

This is true my friend because the original men which came to the earth a few hundred thousand years ago came from 8thd Pleiades etc and they lived for 90000 years that may help why the stories are the same because it is the same people.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by frenzy4444
reply to post by Arken

Guys Gilgamesh was not annunaki, yes he the epic hero but he hated the annunaki. Enki was the bad reptilian boss of the annunaki back then.

who created humans and saved the noah guys from the flood, taught them how to build the boat required to survive the flood, confused the language at the tower of babel and commanded the adapa guy not drink or eat the food of the gods, thus removing immortality from the human race. or something like that, anyway. enki that is
edit on 1-3-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I never missed the point in that Star Trek scene that the guy was reptilian looking just like enki.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by frenzy4444
reply to post by Daedalus

I never missed the point in that Star Trek scene that the guy was reptilian looking just like enki.

you missing enlil for any particular reason?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Bingo could not of said it any better my friend lol I was nergal back than and with enlil we stopped them many times. But hay not every time

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join