It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti-christ is a contradiction of the bible, and Jesus / Yahweh are also false gods...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Lucifer was never called the Bright and Morning Star in the bible . Im sure you can find something published that will say it though . You will find what you are hunting . Everything but what you are hunting when it comes to allaying your fears that you just might be wrong and have to face the judgement .

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mplsfitter539

I only believe and follow the word of God.
If you are interested In Jesus, rather than maybe what you consider 'mainstream, Christianity' then you should be reading the New Testament, which is the current 'word of God', regardless of whatever cult beliefs you have been brainwashed into believing.
Go ahead and read that some more.
I'm sure you believe a lot of stuff where the name of that particular doctrine is not in the Bible, like the rapture, or the millennium, so don't let that stop you from accepting the Trinity.
You should understand that the Trinity was never disputed by Christians before there was an official doctrine drawn up in the ecumenical councils. It was some finicky details that were disputed, and not the general concept. So the Trinity was in no way whatsoever merely a fourth century invention.
What you are suffering from is the devilish work of anti-Christian foundations that fund and support psedo-Christian ideology through the cults to develop an American political backing for the Zionist regime illegally occupying Palestine.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I only believe and follow the word of God.
If you are interested In Jesus, rather than maybe what you consider 'mainstream, Christianity' then you should be reading the New Testament, which is the current 'word of God', regardless of whatever cult beliefs you have been brainwashed into believing.
Go ahead and read that some more.
I'm sure you believe a lot of stuff where the name of that particular doctrine is not in the Bible, like the rapture, or the millennium, so don't let that stop you from accepting the Trinity.
You should understand that the Trinity was never disputed by Christians before there was an official doctrine drawn up in the ecumenical councils. It was some finicky details that were disputed, and not the general concept. So the Trinity was in no way whatsoever merely a fourth century invention.
What you are suffering from is the devilish work of anti-Christian foundations that fund and support psedo-Christian ideology through the cults to develop an American political backing for the Zionist regime illegally occupying Palestine.
I am sorry I have absolutely no idea how to respond to this post. You are obviously very angry and for some reason you feel the need to blame mainstream Christianity. On that point we agree but I don't know what cult you are lumping me into. The trinity did not have to be disputed earlier than the fourth century because it was unheard of outside of the pagan religions. It didn't become an issue until the church began to merge with the pagans and include pagan doctrine into the scheme. So lets get this straight the trinity, xmas, easter, eternal torment, immortal soul, and free will are just a few of the things that mainstream Christianity buys into that I don't. So which cult do I belong to?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Lucifer was never called the Bright and Morning Star in the bible . Im sure you can find something published that will say it though . You will find what you are hunting . Everything but what you are hunting when it comes to allaying your fears that you just might be wrong and have to face the judgement .

"in the bible" so you are letting yourself be IGNORANT by ignoring outside information. I do not have "fears" of judgment. Maybe YOU have fears and you are reflecting YOUR fears on to me.

Your god's judgment is Garbage, it means nothing to me even if it did happen because he is an aggressive fool. I will NEVER EVER bow down to Jesus and he BETTER accept that as he claims to have given me free-will.

That is assuming that your god "is" the true god, which I don't even believe to be so! He is an egotistical evil fool claiming control upon the world.
edit on 3-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I don't know what cult you are lumping me into.
The cult that is anti-Christian but hides its real intent by presenting itself as "true" Christianity, calling in a derogatory way, Christianity outside their own cult, "mainstream".
I believe in what I call normal Christianity, which is religion not tainted by political agendas such as supporting so-called Israel, and the "Jewish" god.
If I was "angry", it would be with the people who push these cult doctrines that are designed to justify evil, such as the murder of, and the theft of the land of, the rightful citizens of Palestine.
edit on 3-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Shows how much you know...

How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! - Isaiah 14:12

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In Revelations 22:16, Jesus says "I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star". The bright and morning star is Lucifer! The star that fell from heaven! The star that can be seen in the morning sky before the SUN truly rises!

If you look at those verses carefully concerning Lucifer, you'll find that he is referred to as the "son of the Morning Star" and the "son of the Dawn", not the Morning Star himself.

Isaiah 14:12

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
edit on 3-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

If you would kindly refer to the post directly above yours, it says "son of the dawn", not "son of the morning star".

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

That's not exactly true. As AfterInfinity said it's actually:

How you have fallen from heaven, ***O MORNING STAR***, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! - Isaiah 14:12

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If you would kindly refer to the post directly above yours, it says "son of the dawn", not "son of the morning star".

The KJV of the verse says "son of the morning". Either way, they both say "son of".

I guess if we wanted to look at this verse...

Job 38:6-7

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Maybe the term is interchangeable.

We know Jesus is mentioned as the "corner stone" and the "morning star". Maybe Jesus and Lucifer were both considered morning stars until Lucifer/Satan fell and now Jesus is the only one left.

Since Jesus was appointed a name above all other names and is the only begotten son of God, Lucifer must have been at one time a morning star and a regular "son of God", instead of "Son of God".

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The bright morning star is referring to Jesus in Revelation.
The other reference in Isaiah is talking about the actual star but personified in a story from Canaanite mythology forgotten until the modern deciphering of the Ugarit tablets.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Maybe Jesus is just talking about the sun and it is just a personification in mythology. (That argument can be said in almost every case with spiritual/mythological scriptures)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

That's an easy claim to make without supporting scripture.

Do you have any quotes you'd like to add?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The Hebrew for Isaiah 14:12 is "hylel ben sachar" which says. "Crescent moon and star".

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The Hebrew for Isaiah 14:12 is "hylel ben sachar" which says. "Crescent moon and star".

Oh, so it's a mistranslation? Even better! Now we know we can't rely on any of it!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Oh, so it's a mistranslation? Even better! Now we know we can't rely on any of it!

It's a well known mistranslation by Jerome. But his bad translation doesn't alter the original text.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

A mistranslation that no one has bothered to correct in any version of the English Bible...?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

My Bible has a footnote explaining the mistranslation. I'm sure others do likewise.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Job 38: 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy

This verse implies the possibility of more than one morning star. As in, more than one person is capable of such a title.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That's an easy claim to make without supporting scripture.

Do you have any quotes you'd like to add?
I have a thread on the subject, I started a year and a half ago, on "The Bright Morning Star".
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It has the relevant verse in the OP.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join