It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Careful what you post

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by Infi8nity

Not so much of a particular site (unless it's fb or g+). I used to be a mod of a few sites and there were a few posters that we would have loved to id but could not. Patterns of behavior are predictable, yes, but id down to name--nope. Google knows that info--not a forum unless you give it to them. Could be wrong as things may have changed since I last moderated a board. Been a few years.

Im not talking about a website, im talking about the Govt. Your IP address will tell them who you are, even if your hiding your IP address I am sure they have ways around it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

I pretty much have the same conclusion. IF the US was to fall into a civil war...

If I didn't get scooped up, my children likely would. Not only because of skill that my husband and myself possess - but some of my children are turning out to be remarkable. Beyond the norm. They won't let her slip through the cracks.

Especially considering ivy league schools are already targeting her, with her only being a ninth grader.

It's interesting to see the interest they have in her already.

I wish I had the money to send her to one of the Ivy league schools for a week over the summer. But even with the scholarship it is too much a cost with three younger ones.

~ Cirque

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I can never resist a women in red.

MORPHEOUS: Were you paying attention,or were looking at the woman in the red dress?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yeah, always have been a private sort of person. I just became fiercely private because of someone wanting to murder me once upon a time. That kind of thing is a life sentence of being fiercely private unless I can ever find confirmation of his death. Should explain why I discuss privacy issues so avidly pretty readily. For me, it could very well be a matter of life and death.

I'm an INTJ (Mastermind) as well and my ex-husband attempted to murder me and almost succeeded when I tried to leave him after five years of constant abuse and keeping me silent...he didn't kill me (obviously) but he put me in a coma for two weeks with two concussions and bruising and swelling to the frontal love of my brain. When I got out of the hospital, I got my divorce finalized and decided to never be silenced again. He is still alive (he tried to kill himself that night too, and broke his own spine) and served some time and is now in the wind, several states away. He could always come back to finish the job but I won't live another day in fear of or silence because of him or anyone else.

WhiteAlice, I wanted to tell you that I can relate to someone wanting to murder you and things being a matter of life and death, and that I'm so sorry that you've gone through that because I know how it feels. I may have responded differently to the situation I went through than how you responded to the situation that you went through, but I can relate and feel your pain and I'm so very sorry that you have had to go through it too. *hugs*
edit on 2/28/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc

MORPHEOUS: Were you paying attention,or were looking at the woman in the red dress?

Haha Yep But its not just the matrix
check it out
worldtruth.tv...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Haha, well, I just so happen to be wearing red! Guess today's your lucky day, LOL.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

LOL, I think he's been distracted by the lady in red. Oh, wait...that would be me, haha. Anyway, no, he's probably not paying attention, LOL.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

I pretty much have the same conclusion. IF the US was to fall into a civil war...

If I didn't get scooped up, my children likely would. Not only because of skill that my husband and myself possess - but some of my children are turning out to be remarkable. Beyond the norm. They won't let her slip through the cracks.

Especially considering ivy league schools are already targeting her, with her only being a ninth grader.

It's interesting to see the interest they have in her already.

I wish I had the money to send her to one of the Ivy league schools for a week over the summer. But even with the scholarship it is too much a cost with three younger ones.

~ Cirque

I believe that the government is probably cataloging people with genes and traits that they deem to be desirable, such as high levels of intelligence (gifted and talented) and physical attractiveness, to include in their sick and twisted massive plan to abandon most of America and take (AKA kidnap) their "chosen ones" to be used for furthering (i.e. using intelligent people to rebuild, breeding the intelligent and attractive to repopulate, etc.) a "new America" should a disaster happen or a catastrophic war arise. I've been through the "process" my whole life...everything from being gifted and talented and the top of my class and being recruited by Ivy League colleges to being a beauty queen and a debutante and modeling for several years...all while already being on the radar because of my father's position from a political standpoint and the social circles he's in (which are the evil elite that everyone talks about and are really and truly planning on taking this world and destroying it and rebuilding it to be what they want it to be). My father always said that if anything catastrophic ever happened, THEY (AKA the American government) would save the best, the brightest, and the beautiful (AKA the ones they can use best for their brains or sexuality) to rebuild America and that I could rest easy at night knowing that if that catastrophe ever happens, I'm one of the ones they'll take. HA...rest easy at night knowing I'd be taken and "utilized"? Really think about that for a second...if you or your children (this is directed at EVERYONE) are deemed "desirable", you WILL be taken if a catastrophe befalls America and "utilized" in their plan to rebuild their "new America". Now, taking into consideration that the government already knows everything about you and there isn't jack you can do about it, why are you othering with being afraid of them or anyone else? Stand up to their BS and don't cower in their shadow! Don't be their pawns. Be yourself and don't let them silence you...not today and not as long as you have a voice.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

I can never resist a woman in bed............no matter the color

BOT - anyway the notoriously well known Stasi State of Communist East Germany would have been very envious of the police state as it stands now in America. This is a dictatorship that Stalin would have appreciated.

Solution? - Revolution!!! There is NO other way by the way.

edit on 28-2-2013 by OzarkIke because: Why do I have to tell you why I am editing my post ????

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes I do prefer Jeff, how'd you know **looks around nervously**

Nice to meet you Jennifer, interesting path in life you have chosen, thanks for sharing that. Looks like you have the inside track to "the hive" which will be referred to as Atlantis after the next ice age

I'm sure there is a couple dusty alphabet agency files on me buried someplace
After all the letters I wrote to senators, congressmen, and who knows what other deaf ears in Washington. There is probably even a few pics of me trying to organize protests for the first Iraq war. I was young and stupid still believing that the people could effect change. It wore me down, so I cut my hair and got a real job. Threw in the towel and pretty much gave up on humanity as a whole. I still keep my eyes open just cause I want to see it coming, but over all could care less. When they come for me I'll go with a smug smile on my face knowing I was right all along.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It was a simple quiz with some very generic information requested.

If someone can track me down by the info I provided in the quiz, then I would like to hire them for some other jobs I have in mind.

Seriously, I give more personal information every time I sign a software EULA, or register with any company for product warranty.

I'm all for safety on the Net. Of course one needs to be careful of what they put on line. But this quiz isn't dangerous.

I won't even go into the 'brainwashing' comment.

What I'm beginning to find interesting about all of the 'waiting' threads is not the people that are participating in a positive way, but the few who are insistent that we are either deluded, mistaking this for a basic human experience, or being played by . . . (fill in the blank). I find the negative reactions as fascinating as the positive/supportive ones.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
But there are folks here who believe in the paranormal....and they have the right to that belief.

I've been researching the paranormal (among other supernatural/metaphysical interests) most of my life. I know there is something to the paranormal, as I've had many 'strange' occurances of my own, although what that 'something' is I cannot tell you (and neither can anyone else, imo), so I question all ideas and theories about the paranormal. I consider the way I approach the subject to be a healthy way of thinking and being a student, and my own way of 'denying ignorance', I guess.

Where I differ from most people who are involved in the paranormal, is that I always try to keep my objectivity. I find, however, that many, many others do not, and they instead choose to usually head straight down the highway of confirmation bias, where a flitting shadow becomes proof of 'ghosts' for them, or two or more people sharing a 'feeling' becomes proof of 'energies' abroad or whatever have you.

The paranormal field is teeming with people who unfortunately still believe audio and visual pareidolia, such as radio snippets and faces in the trees and grass are 'spirits' communicating in some manner. So yes, in a field full of woo and total believers who aren't objective whatsoever, I consider remaining rational, skeptical, and objective to any claims whatsoever to be absolutely necessary. Anything less certainly does not help the paranormal field at all, in my opinion. And let me assure you, unlike Joe Nickell, my skeptisism has not curtailed any of the strange experiences I have had so far. I've had everything from what you would call psychic experiences to poltergiest occurances to fantastic synchonicity. It's just I remain open to interpretation and explanation, while others fall right into the old superstitions and dogmatic ways of thinking that I believe hold us back from learning anything of any real substance.

The world is not static, and even a cursory knowledge of human history on the planet will show constant social strife, war, disasters and much discontent. There has never been a utopian society on this planet. As I said in your thread, you could ask people if they 'feel something is going to happen' at just about any time in human history and I would bet the bank you would have many nodding heads. Something is going to happen, I assure you.. and we don't need 'feelings' or supernatural powers to see any of it coming. I could be wrong about this whole thing, of course, but I don't see much into your thread besides social anxiety and lots and lots of confirmation bias. Just my opinion, and I know how unpopular any sort of skeptical opinion is on ATS, so I'll just leave it at that.

You have a good day too!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

Where I differ from most people who are involved in the paranormal, is that I always try to keep my objectivity. I find, however, that many, many others do not, and they instead choose to usually head straight down the highway of confirmation bias, where a flitting shadow becomes proof of 'ghosts' for them, or two or more people sharing a 'feeling' becomes proof of 'energies' abroad or whatever have you.

Yes, I understand what you mean.

I'm interested in the paranormal, although I question whether my few "experiences" are actually paranormal. But the only way to truly investigate the events is to go in and do your best to find the "normal" answer first. I think the majority of the time, there is a regular answer, but some people deliberately overlook it, for whatever reason.

There's a book you might enjoy, by Deborah Blum. Ghost Hunters: William James and the Scientific Search for Life After Death. A very fascinating read, especially if you find the history of "ghost hunting" of interest.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Not so much of a particular site (unless it's fb or g+). I used to be a mod of a few sites and there were a few posters that we would have loved to id but could not. Patterns of behavior are predictable, yes, but id down to name--nope. Google knows that info--not a forum unless you give it to them. Could be wrong as things may have changed since I last moderated a board. Been a few years.

Im not talking about a website, im talking about the Govt. Your IP address will tell them who you are, even if your hiding your IP address I am sure they have ways around it.

Thanks for the clarification.
Actually, there would still be ways to hide one's ip address from even the government. How is it do you think that hacker groups like Anonymous and the former Lulsec were able to do what they do whilst rarely getting caught? They've really only arrested what seems to be a handful of either of these groups' members and those tend to be teenage boys that may not have done a good job of hiding their presence. The laws in many countries in Eurasia actually make bouncing through a Russian (not 100% sure if this is still true but it was true in the 90's) or Chinese partner in crime a convenient way of blocking identification. Basically, if one is a recipient of an attack from such a thing, it will show as emanating from that country. I'm not an expert though--just a person who has known some white and black hats. I remember questioning the plausibility of such a thing one time and uhh, let's just say that someone from Russia said hello, lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
DUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!

You need to loosen that tin foil hat a bit.

I know this is a conspiracy website and all but seriously!!!!!

Lighten up a bit mate

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JeffreyCH

Originally posted by JeffreyCH

Yes I do prefer Jeff, how'd you know **looks around nervously**

Nice to meet you Jennifer, interesting path in life you have chosen, thanks for sharing that. Looks like you have the inside track to "the hive" which will be referred to as Atlantis after the next ice age

I'm sure there is a couple dusty alphabet agency files on me buried someplace
After all the letters I wrote to senators, congressmen, and who knows what other deaf ears in Washington. There is probably even a few pics of me trying to organize protests for the first Iraq war. I was young and stupid still believing that the people could effect change. It wore me down, so I cut my hair and got a real job. Threw in the towel and pretty much gave up on humanity as a whole. I still keep my eyes open just cause I want to see it coming, but over all could care less. When they come for me I'll go with a smug smile on my face knowing I was right all along.

LOL! Well, hey, Jeff. Oh, just blame ime knowing that on women's intuition, haha.

The pleasure's all mine, Jeff...charmed, I'm sure! Oh, believe me, I did not choose this life...this life chose me! And a lot of it was just chosen FOR me, I've really had very little say in what my life has been like. Yeah, unfortunately I have the inside track to "the Hive"...but I'd rather die with the masses and keep my soul than to go with the few and lose it, to be perfectly honest.

Haha, so you were a fighter who made sure your voice was heard? That's very admirable...although, it doesn't change much and only puts you on their list of people who have pissed them off. Same here...I keep my eyes open but frankly, I don't give a damn. When they come for me, I'll only be smiling if they agree to let me go...and if death is the way out of that situation, I'd gladly take it.

Who wants to be an Atlantean anyway? Pshh. LOL

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I guess I just don't concern myself with what information I reveal about myself on the net since my life is pretty much an open book. Since Google probably has enough info on every single one of us to take over our lives anyway what's the point of trying to hide it LOL. Believe me my brain is too tired to be washed these days! Five kids and a husband have pretty much turned mine to mush, so if they can wash it, I hope they add a little more fun to my life KIDDING!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
By the way, everyone, I wanted to remind you.....

.....when you post your info in the other thread, be sure to add the security code on the back of your credit card. I'm gonna need that.

smylee

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc
Recently, a member that goes by the name smyleegrl, posted a thread which included a questionnaire.

Link to thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

There’s something about this that makes me think that this questionnaire is targeting individuals susceptible to brainwashing.

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type (take test here)

2. Astrological sign

3. Blood type

4. Highest level of Education

5. Are you a lucid dreamer?

6. Any psychic experiences?

7. Any paranormal experiences?

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs?

9. Have you started any recent hobbies?

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence

The questions posed could interpret personal information of members.

Again, I might just be reading way too much into things but please be careful of what information you reveal on the internet.

I agree that we all need to be careful what personal information we reveal on the internet; but I really don't think that (Smyleegrl) has any hidden agendas; these are things she was curious about and she created the questionairre herself. Really...the questions asked only reveal general things about people; and I don't see anything wrong with them.

You said and I (quote) "Again, I might just be reading way too much into things..." (unquote) Yes...I think that is exactly what you are doing in this situation.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

You know there are easier ways to gather info if you wanted?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join