It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Careful what you post

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Nah.

The questionnaire didn't require specifically personal replies. A zodiac sign covers about a month so... no specific dates. The test was vague and designed to produce a feel-good outcome so, nothing much there. Location, by country? Not by state or even region.

Blood type? Yeah... I suppose there could be an issue when it comes to HIPPA law.

I didn't find it very revealing and as far as being brainwashed? It took the US Army almost two months to get us to learn how to salute without grinning like Gomer!

It's up to you (and everyone else) but... a little common sense can be applied so that you can play tag with the gang without catching the clap.

Cheers

edit on 28-2-2013 by redoubt because: tyypo

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Blood type? Yeah... I suppose there could be an issue when it comes to HIPPA law.

No problem with HIPPA if it's voluntarily given as public information about oneself (as the patient). Big problem if it's an outsider party looking to identify based off private medical information.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

QUOTE. "So I understand the concern. That might not be popular, to understand, but I do. I don't see a devious agenda in their concern over veterans, I think it's a legitimate concern. "

I think the major concern of this Marxist regime as regards veterans is the OATH they took and still hold dear, i.e., to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. Hence the DHS's need to label us as "domestic terrorists" and all that goes with it.

Your post is an apologetic in favor of this Marxist Communist regime and I wholeheartedly disagree with what you say.

edit on 28-2-2013 by OzarkIke because: zzz

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OzarkIke

I bristle at the thought!

I do take my oath, even now seriously. I've been waiting for civil unrest to break out now since 911 and it never happened. That plain fact is, our apathy has now led us to our current state. We the people are to blame for where we find ourselves at. Not the government. It was our responsibility to guard against our government becoming corrupt and tyrannical. We failed. Now we reap what we sowed.

It's coming, unfortunately it won't be the idealistic Roddenberry version, but the Orwellian one. I can't stop that or change it, but I have to try to survive it for my children's sake.

~ Cirque
edit on 28-2-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: after thought

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by jude11

Originally posted by jude11
Anyone giving up that type of info on ATS should just spanked, scolded and spanked again...

Are free spankings being offered for answering smyleegrl's questionnaire?!

I love a good scolding!

Now, about those scoldings and spankings...

edit on 2/27/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/27/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

YOINK...

edit on 28-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

anyone....... paranoid about putting that type of information............on the Internet is just a touch too paranoid for my taste.

But you're not paranoid if they really are out to get you.

Now, about those scoldings and spankings...

Quit being naughty.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'm an open book so I took the quiz all in good fun. I love to express myself but I do like to keep my real name private. I know if the gub mint wants to find me they will, and if they want to come talk to me cause I believe in aliens then bring it. Ill even brew a fresh pot of coffee!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I actually visited an actual Marxist regime and let me tell you right now, we're not even remotely close. Not saying that there aren't similarities between present day US and USSR of old. I'd cite issues with the press, a growing distrust for police, and more broad sweeping legislation that does, in fact, impinge on our civil liberties would all be areas where we are similar to the USSR. In the USSR, the people were afraid of reporting being victims of criminal activities for fear of the police deciding they didn't like you and disappearing. That was an actual fear. Here, it's a portion of the population, through possible good cause, that are loathe to call the police for fear of getting a beating. We still don't have long lines wrapping around the corner for hygiene products like shampoo or toilet paper and our travel between states is unrestricted compared to restricted travel in the USSR.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

- half of the members would probably enjoy that.

In all seriousness, stick to posting ambiguous experience details, and not personally revelatory information.

Unfortunately, I'm fairly sure that I could be identified by a complex assessment of info pieces revealed here & there in the past three years or so, though not definitely, but in general terms (only by someone with access to certain datasets though, not the average snoop..)

I've realised that anyone looking that deep into individual online activity profiles probably doesn't care about little old me - or possibly sees me as a curiosity, maybe useful in some ways - with the outside chance that I'm someone to eliminate when the SHTF. Not that I'm revolutionary in my general thought, just that I might be an inconvenience in certain scenarios, after a fashion.**

FITO.

** Depending on who is in charge after the SHTF, and their motives, essentially.
edit on 28-2-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

I actually visited an actual Marxist regime and let me tell you right now, we're not even remotely close. Not saying that there aren't similarities between present day US and USSR of old. I'd cite issues with the press, a growing distrust for police, and more broad sweeping legislation that does, in fact, impinge on our civil liberties would all be areas where we are similar to the USSR. In the USSR, the people were afraid of reporting being victims of criminal activities for fear of the police deciding they didn't like you and disappearing. That was an actual fear. Here, it's a portion of the population, through possible good cause, that are loathe to call the police for fear of getting a beating. We still don't have long lines wrapping around the corner for hygiene products like shampoo or toilet paper and our travel between states is unrestricted compared to restricted travel in the USSR.

Your response is actually schizophrenic..........after recovering from it I have decided to leave the thread: absolutely bizarre in its contradictory nature. I'm afraid that if I stay and respond any further to this craziness I'll get the bump.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

For me, I think that many people are over the top in their views about how bad the government is. If anything, I'd point to the banks and the families behind all that, in the shadows - as the real culprits. Not the government. It's misdirection. If it gets to a point of civil unrest, we will march against our governments, which will implement the change we desire when they HAVE to...not a second before. But the problem will never truly get dealt with. Those people in the shadows will remain, they will keep their power and wealth and it will all just start over again. This is history repeating itself. Over and over again.

Here's the thing. Most people expect a fair trial and proof of duplicity, when accused of wrong doing and evil acts. That's not what most people's mind frame against the government is right now. They want war, and the right to go and kill off whomever doesn't agree with their version of America. It's idiocy. It's playing right into a dichotomy I refuse to take part in. I won't choose sides. Because the people in government, are still my people, neighbors, friends and loved ones. They are fellow Americans. They are people, who have hopes, dreams, family.

I'm a lover of freedom. I think our constitution is one of the great treasures and shining examples of humanity. I think it's the moneychangers who are the root of evil, not any specific government or belief set. They always were the problem, and always will be. They snuck in with the fed and now we seem to think we are stuck with them and their system. Absolute power corrupts, and our monetary system is what is in absolute control of the world right now.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Awwww!

That's not fair. I was gearing up for a good friendly debate, as such always serves to help me adjust my views and opinions. But it's likely for the best. We are way off topic in this thread, and derailing the purpose of the OP.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Haha, I'm sorry, abeverage...I'm not familiar with the term "YOINK". Could you please elaborate?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Most of them aren't out to get you. At least, they aren't yet...so no reason to be paranoid...yet.

LOL, sorry...naughty just comes naturally to me...and anytime I get threatened with a spanking and/or scolding, my interest is immediately piqued, hahaha.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

If going ahead and sharing/comparing one's life experiences in an actual Marxist regime to what we have in the present day that is alluded to being Marxist regime is schizophrenic, at least, I'd rather be schizophrenic than fallacious. Take it for what you will but I stand by those observations as being the key similarities and differences between the two nations. I see a lot of people comparing the US as becoming Marxist or Communist when most of them never actually know what that really meant.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yes ive realized the r e are those so called test post in many conspiracy forums, i dont fall for it however it is amazing how many answer. Im thinking those who do answerare in the young adult ages, 18-28ish. When you get mid 30`s and older me a couple decades older know better with time comes understanding. Hope they arent falling prey to tptb.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Most of them aren't out to get you. At least, they aren't yet...so no reason to be paranoid...yet.

Great. I'm impatient and I have trust issues, so you're asking me to have patience to be paranoid? I just can't win.

sorry...naughty just comes naturally to me...and anytime I get threatened with a spanking and/or scolding, my interest is immediately piqued, hahaha.

I'm trying to maintain a decorum of professionalism here Jen. And you're making it..............

See you on the Education boards?

edit on 28-2-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: Formatting

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Haha, I'm sorry, abeverage...I'm not familiar with the term "YOINK". Could you please elaborate?

Pretty sure that is how you spell the sound my eyes made when I read your reply...YOINK! possibly followed by an AHooOOOOGaaaa! or that's what I recall once I came to after falling off my chair...
oh followed by a quick AhBBBBbbbb'd... shake.
edit on 28-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Haha, I'm so sorry my reply knocked you out of your chair! I'll try to be more gentle next time, if that's what you'd prefer, LOL.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Hey, another person with trust issues and no patience! Me too! *high fives you* Oh, I wasn't saying you had to patient to be paranoid...be paranoid right now if you wanna be...I was just saying that there's no reason for the extra stress of paranoia yet. But, by all means, be paranoid quick, fast, and in a hurry if you just can't wait.

I'm sorry, Taupin...I'll do better to maintain professionalism and decorum. It just gets so hard sometimes (no pun intended)...when a joke is begging to be told. But I'll stop.

I'll check the Education Boards out and look for you there, LOL.

edit on 2/28/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join