It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homade ramen noodle spice packet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
For the past couple of years, I have stayed away from processed food because its out right poison. Most of it is made to effect your emotions and can do some serious damage to your brain and you would not even notice. I dare you to your pantry chose a random processed food and google the ingredients. How could this happen, why is their poison in just about every processed food? Google Agenda 21...

Today my roommate was making ramen noodles, it smelt so delicious. Knowing what I know, I cant, in my right mind eat this delicious concoction of death. I am so tempted but I know what it is, they are 6 for a dollar for a reason.

I was wondering if any one knew of some spices I could throw together to get a similar taste or if their is a good organic product.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thai Kitchen brand noodle soups seem to be a healthier and tasty alternative to chemical-laced Ramen soup. Not an uncommon brand, I have seen them at most larger groceries.

www.thaikitchen.com...

The ingredients of these soups is more readable than poisonous Raman, and the spices therein could probably be blended by you, at home.
edit on 27-2-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
For the past couple of years, I have stayed away from processed food because its out right poison. Most of it is made to effect your emotions and can do some serious damage to your brain and you would not even notice. I dare you to your pantry chose a random processed food and google the ingredients. How could this happen, why is their poison in just about every processed food? Google Agenda 21...

Today my roommate was making ramen noodles, it smelt so delicious. Knowing what I know, I cant, in my right mind eat this delicious concoction of death. I am so tempted but I know what it is, they are 6 for a dollar for a reason.

I was wondering if any one knew of some spices I could throw together to get a similar taste or if their is a good organic product.

My favorite mix of herbs and spice.

Seasoning salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cracked Black Pepper
Chili Powder
Thyme

Play with the ratio.

I always mix up a batch and keep it in the cupboard for just about anything. Just shake it on as you would salt and pepper.

When I want noodles, I just boil them up, add a little butter, the spice blend and that's it.

Remember that salt is the only true seasoning, the rest are spices and herbs.

Bon Apetit!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
That season packet is mostly salt and those noodles are mostly preservatives, i saw a video of ramen noodles in someones digestive tract it was taken like a day or 2 after they ate the noodles and the noodles were still mostly undigested they looked like they just came out of the pan freshly cooked.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
That season packet is mostly salt and those noodles are mostly preservatives, i saw a video of ramen noodles in someones digestive tract it was taken like a day or 2 after they ate the noodles and the noodles were still mostly undigested they looked like they just came out of the pan freshly cooked.

It's very popular in Korea for the kids to open a bag, sprinkle the salt package inside, close the bag and then break up the contents.

Eaten like a bag of chips. Have to say that I've tried it and...yum.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
Thai Kitchen brand noodle soups seem to be a healthier and tasty alternative to chemical-laced Ramen soup. Not an uncommon brand, I have seen them at most larger groceries.

www.thaikitchen.com...

The ingredients of these soups is more readable than poisonous Raman, and the spices therein could probably be blended by you, at home.
edit on 27-2-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the reply but the ingredients are just as bad.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Infi8nity

My favorite mix of herbs and spice.

Seasoning salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cracked Black Pepper
Chili Powder
Thyme

Play with the ratio.

I always mix up a batch and keep it in the cupboard for just about anything. Just shake it on as you would salt and pepper.

When I want noodles, I just boil them up, add a little butter, the spice blend and that's it.

Remember that salt is the only true seasoning, the rest are spices and herbs.

Bon Apetit!

I will gie it a try

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I'm not sure if this would be very helpful to you OP, but I use this recipe to make my own version of soy sauce, because I have a vicious soy allergy. Granted, I'm more of a paleo-eater, so I use bone broth (some call this stock) in lieu of any type of bullion or canned broth. But this stuff has been a lifesaver because most of my cooking is rooted in Asian influence. Perhaps you could tweak this recipe to make yourself some type of a broth or a sauce to eat with noodles that have a list of ingredients you actually can recognize? I wish you luck. Getting processed food, and all of the less-than-palatable ingredients out of your diet, is beginning to feel like less of a burden than it did a couple of years ago, but it can still feel like my part-time job sometimes.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Go to Indian or Chinese place and ask for soup spice or regular curry spice... Masala powders, Chilli powders, pre mixed powders... etc

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

I'm not sure if this would be very helpful to you OP, but I use this recipe to make my own version of soy sauce, because I have a vicious soy allergy. Granted, I'm more of a paleo-eater, so I use bone broth (some call this stock) in lieu of any type of bullion or canned broth. But this stuff has been a lifesaver because most of my cooking is rooted in Asian influence. Perhaps you could tweak this recipe to make yourself some type of a broth or a sauce to eat with noodles that have a list of ingredients you actually can recognize? I wish you luck. Getting processed food, and all of the less-than-palatable ingredients out of your diet, is beginning to feel like less of a burden than it did a couple of years ago, but it can still feel like my part-time job sometimes.

I wont eat soy. Its GMO, and I do not trust mansonto's. You know the FDA dose not test GMO food they let monsantos take care of it. No telling what its really doing to us.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Good for you. Everyone should stop buying the GMO fluff.

Not to be preachy, because I'm only starting to get into it, but I've been reading alot about the paleo diet and started practicing it about four months ago. I was drawn to it because of the soy allergy and a growing intolerance to wheat (read: bright red polka dots on my arms and legs about two hours after eating - really makes you wanna run out in the street and show yourself off!).

Incidentally, I've been learning way more than I'd intended about the huge differences between the nutrients found in grass-fed beef and conventional, issues surrounding the stability of saturated versus unsaturated fats, and how the materials surrounding grains and some seeds interfere with the absorption of nutrients. I could go on but I'll derail. It really is a primitive and pure diet that might have some appeal to you given your opinions. PM me if you'd like to discuss.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Good for you. Everyone should stop buying the GMO fluff.

Not to be preachy, because I'm only starting to get into it, but I've been reading alot about the paleo diet and started practicing it about four months ago. I was drawn to it because of the soy allergy and a growing intolerance to wheat (read: bright red polka dots on my arms and legs about two hours after eating - really makes you wanna run out in the street and show yourself off!).

Incidentally, I've been learning way more than I'd intended about the huge differences between the nutrients found in grass-fed beef and conventional, issues surrounding the stability of saturated versus unsaturated fats, and how the materials surrounding grains and some seeds interfere with the absorption of nutrients. I could go on but I'll derail. It really is a primitive and pure diet that might have some appeal to you given your opinions. PM me if you'd like to discuss.

Derail? Ehhh Its a small thread.

I am happy for you. Most do not realize the difference a healthy diet can make.
Have you experimented with soy? Maybe your allergen is caused by GMO.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Unfortunately organic doesn't improve the situation. And soy is in every freaking thing under the sun. Chips, bullion, soup, fish sticks, chocolate, you name it, some numbnuts stuck soy in it. It's awful. Just this morning, I get off the bus to go to work and have a craving for cashews. So I run in to grab a container and I'm eating them at my desk when the dreaded wrist pain hits, which is the first symptom in the obnoxious cascade. I look at the can. Is it just cashews? Well why would they just sell me cashews? No, somehow they worked soy into it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Unfortunately organic doesn't improve the situation. And soy is in every freaking thing under the sun. Chips, bullion, soup, fish sticks, chocolate, you name it, some numbnuts stuck soy in it. It's awful. Just this morning, I get off the bus to go to work and have a craving for cashews. So I run in to grab a container and I'm eating them at my desk when the dreaded wrist pain hits, which is the first symptom in the obnoxious cascade. I look at the can. Is it just cashews? Well why would they just sell me cashews? No, somehow they worked soy into it.

If its not in the ingredients list it usually says processed in a plant that processes soy. Your right GMO is foods (soy) is in just about every thing. BUT on the other hand, most of the stuff that its in is really unhealthy for you in the first place. Such as processed foods.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I completely agree. There have been moments where, upon realizing that I no longer eat junk food, that I've realized my soy allergy is not without its merits.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Remember, there's no legislation regarding "organic", so anyone really could slap a label on it.
You have to STILL check, and not accept it as such, based on face value....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Remember, there's no legislation regarding "organic", so anyone really could slap a label on it.
You have to STILL check, and not accept it as such, based on face value....

Their is all ways the USDA organic label. All though I do not trust it, its ran by the FDA and the FDA is owned by monsantos. You have to trust the company. A good way to know is the logo symbolism.(all though the logo dose not all way mean a untrustworthy product.)

USDA uses to hill's witch is a representation of the new rising sun.
They are not to be trusted.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Trader Joe's sells a combined bottle of spices called...(21 Seasoning Salute)...without salt....

The ingredients are:

onion
black pepper
celery seed
cayenne pepper
parsley
basil
marjoram
bayleaf
oregano
thyme
rosemary