It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS releasing illegal immigrants before sequester

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"WASHINGTON (AP) — A week before mandatory budget cuts go into effect across the government, the Department of Homeland Security has started releasing illegal immigrants being held in immigration jails across the country, Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Tuesday."

Link: news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

This is a scare tactic. Let's release the illegal immigrants from jail so that the public demands that Congress passes whatever budget the White House wants so that there aren't illegal aliens running around all over the place. There was no reason to release them a week early and by saying that they have only released illegals who are considered "not a threat" I believe they are trying to paint a picture that if Congress doesn't pass the budget Obama wants they will be forced to release jailed illegals who ARE a danger to the public- fear mongering at it's finest. Will the public (and Congress) fall for it? That remains to be seen.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A self fullfilling prophecy, obama promised that illegals would increase if the taxpayers don`t submit to his extortion plan by stopping sequestration.What he didn`t tell us was that he was going to purposely flood the country with illegals by releasing them from government custody, extortion, blackmail call it what you will but the end result is the same.Do what I want or i`ll make something bad happen to you, it looks like a play straight out of the mafia playbook.

Obama swore to uphold the constitution, the constitution says that one of the governments responsibilities is to ensure domesic tranquilty,i`m wondering how releasing illegals into society is going to ENSURE our domestic tranquility?

edit on 27-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

It happened in my State, Ga. yesterday. Violent criminals with long histories of drug related crimes, all released by special DHS agents, working overtime to get it all done post haste. People are livid here. They got their *get out of jail free* cards, thanks to the Obama Administration.

www.wsbradio.com...

To even renew my driver's license in Ga now, I have to bring my original birth certificate, or certified copy, along with a pass port, even though I've had a legal drivers license in Ga for over 15 years, and was born in this Country.

But, I can be a known criminal, and not legally here in my State, and get a free pass on everything....it ain't right, Folks.

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'd sure like to know how they could ever known who IS and who IS NOT a threat? I could fill pages with cases of illegals who raped, murdered or otherwise assaulted U.S. Citizens and some have been horrible on a "1st offense" under whatever name they used that time.

That's the problem... They're ILLEGAL... It means their very NAME is questionable and impossible to verify in their home countries. They could have come in the front door if they had the wherewithal and background to pass inspection for immigration the proper way.

Now we're going to look at people who are who they SAY they are, because they said it ...and say they are not a threat? Well, I hope Obama is held PERSONALLY responsible along with Janet for ANYONE who is harmed by one of the criminal immigrants being released right now. Someone is keeping track, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That's what it looks like to me as well. I'm sure they have other things they want to piggy back on the chaos that they're trying to cause.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In reading the article you see this line, "They have been "placed on an appropriate, more cost-effective form of supervised release," she said.

That's a bit different then just releasing people to go where they will.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Just another get out of jail free card awaits them. I know my State doesn't have the budget to keep track of them. It's nothing more than a new revolving door that has been created. The drug cartels just love this one.

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

You know the problem here is...it's yet one more vague statement among hundreds of vague statements this Administration makes regularly. It could mean what we want it to mean or absolutely nothing of the sort. Basically, it means whatever they say it means ..now OR after the fact. Talk about a way to say something without ever having to be held to account for saying it.

In another article...

Gillian Christensen, an ICE spokeswoman, said ICE has reviewed “several hundred cases” of immigrants being held in jails around the country and released them in the last week. They have been “placed on an appropriate, more cost-effective form of supervised release,” she said.

Christensen said the agency’s “priority for detention remains on serious criminal offenders and other individuals who pose a significant threat to public safety.” She did not say how released immigrants were selected or what jails they were released from.
Source

The vague statements carry on. In that one, from an ICE person directly, they won't even comment on criteria used to pick who needed detained last week but suddenly can be released this week. Funny how that works....but we don't need to know such little things, obviously. We're just to trust that they know best and it's all for our own good.

In another story..

Federal officials announced the action late Tuesday involving detention facilities around the country but gave few specifics as to the number being released and from what facilities. (See separate story.)

. . .

ICE officials said the detainees who are being released are under "supervised release" which could include electronic monitoring with ankle bracelets.
Source

At least that one specifically mentions Ankle Bracelets ...but then we see it's a "Which Could Include" statement. Again with the vague nothingness and guess work which can mean anything or nothing.

If this is how the Government plans to operate for the next few years? We're in trouble. We're not mushrooms. Keeping America in the dark and fed with liberal amounts of B.S. isn't the way to grow happy citizens.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
In reading the article you see this line, "They have been "placed on an appropriate, more cost-effective form of supervised release," she said.

Do you know anyone who has been on probation or on parole? Supervised release equals "We trust you to come check in with us once per month and be truthful concerning all questions we ask." One of my daughter's boyfriends is on probation. He breaks all kinds of rules of his probation and they do absolutely nothing about it- and he is a REALLY nice guy! Can you imagine what serious criminals might be doing? A supervision officer actually coming to make sure that you live and work where you tell them is a RARITY. Do you really believe they will keep close tabs on all the illegals they've released? Parole officers "lose" convicted murderers and pedophiles all the time- just watch the news.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Let's let them out of jail...let them live in a half way house with an address...give them an ID..after a year of good behavior give them a license and they are a citizen of the good 'ole US of A.
Ooops i forgot, give them disability or welfare because they can't get a paying job because they spent time in prison.

Just my thoughts, nothing to back it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wonder how many violent ones they oop's and let out with the rest. They get people on ICE detainers mixed up all the time.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
this is just another example of desperation by the PTW.
don't be alarmed by their scare tactics!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If it was not for the Americans drug trade we would not have all the Mexicans wanting to leave.. Fix the drugs HOWEVER it will fix the mass invasion... I do not think having the mexican illegals released was a smart move, that can back fire on Obama..

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Backfire on him. How do you figure that. They'll be voting for his policies for years to come....and getting bussed to the voting places to do it.....

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by starfoxxx

Backfire on him. How do you figure that. They'll be voting for his policies for years to come....and getting bussed to the voting places to do it.....

Des
Well one of these people released goes on a killing or rampage blood will be on his hands, I don't WANT anyone's blood on my hands, it will all catch up with him...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TC Mike
"WASHINGTON (AP) — A week before mandatory budget cuts go into effect across the government, the Department of Homeland Security has started releasing illegal immigrants being held in immigration jails across the country, Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Tuesday."

Link: news.yahoo.com...

This is Obama 'teaching us a lesson'.

He'll get away with it because, like the sequester itself, he's going to blame Republicans in Congress for inaction, even though he's flying around the world blowing money on vacations rather than sitting down with congress to work on a solution.

There is no leadership coming from the White House...only campaign rhetoric and dirty political tactics.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

The ONLY appropriate form of release for someone who is in the country illegally is to drive them to the border and forced back across the border at the point of a bayonet.
if obama needs to save money he could start by kicking the illegals out of the country instead of releasing them, then he wouldn`t need to hire and pay a bunch of people to supervise them while they are on release.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Funny...

release the illegal immigrants back into society but keep the non violent potheads locked up...that makes perfect sense...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Have you read the rest?

Practically every federal department has warned about the impact to their budgets, and to the public. The Department of Homeland Security has warned border security could be affected, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement has already started releasing illegal immigrants from local jails in Arizona while planning to monitor them.

So the border is going to be harder to protect now? Making it easier for immigrants to come through the border?

This is blantly saying the safety and security for this country is going to be jeopardy.

Maybe an intrusion? Some type of breach?

The Transportation Department says FAA cutbacks will mean delays at the nation's biggest airports. The National Air Traffic Controllers Association warned Wednesday that runways could close, causing more delays, at those airports.

Travel gets held up?

I understand some places will be down... But they are really hyping this up.

Could just be a fluke, but maybe this is why DHS wanted the ammunition. Maybe something is about to go down.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join