It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else remember anything from before they were born?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I too have a few small memories. I remember one as an infant in the back seat of a car. another memory is of being in a bassinet and it seemed so big. I also remember as a small child having a recurring dream night after night of being a school teacher and driving to work. I remember the move from Alabama to Illinois when I was 2 years old. I was so scared of them leaving me that I couldn't go to sleep. I also remember getting lost (I think it may have been some kind of a dairy queen). I remember going to a car with a lady in it crying. I would have been around 2.

I have other small memories as well but most of these memories can not be confirmed. But it is not something you would tell people. Most people would think I was insane and this is the 1st time that I have heard of anyone that has images as an infant and small child.

My granddaughter lost her father (my daughters husband) last year at the age of 3. She still remembers things they did and places they went. There are some of his things we find in the house or in the garage and she will shout out that was my daddy's. Although people tell me that she will forget cause no one has any memories earlier than 6 years of age. For the sake of arguing its easier to just nod and say you may be right.

Thanks OP for bringing this subject up, I use to think my memories were real and somehow I would find a way to tell them with proof, but now I just think of them as unexplained memories real or not.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by headforthehills

Good post OP and interesting enough to enter and state that I actually remember being born. Not coming down any canals. No falling feeling. More like I was actually in the room watching everything happen. I've told this to my mother before on several occasion's. Now the only problem I actually have was being stuffed in a little meat suit... Some say the angel of forgetfullness kisses you on the check before your sealed into this realm we live. If so... I turned my head and only got a half a kiss, maybe that's why i've never been able to shut off the other side. Who knows, but the funny thing was. After I was stuffed in and assimilated to this body, I came out with the biggest brownest eyes ever (As I have Asian in me) and not a peep out of my mouth. Nurses freaked out so my mom says that I was looking at them smiling "He can see me, OMG he can see me". Mother said the look on my face was something like this... "Uhhhh what the heck.... Where, when, Ahhh man not this again"

Whether anyone believes me or not, meh~ I remember either way, and I've actually spent numerous hours of meditation trying to recall all events in my life up to now age 30. I believe we don't discard information like science states with the brain, more like it get's filed away in our personal Acashic Records... I hope I spelled that right.

Anyway, SnF good thread mate~

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Much of the material in that analysis is flawed, inaccurate and has been debunked. It even goes on about the Lincoln - Kennedy simularities, which has been debunked many times.

Evidence here - Lincoln-Kennedy comparison wiki

Not too mention it goes into details about Reptillians. /facepalm

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My earliest memory (that I have established with my parents) was from when I was 2 1/2 - 3 years old, I cut my hair with a pair of scissors over my nannas toilet, my mother went ape.

Don't think I can remember anything prior to that.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It is also possible to remember dreams and mistake them for memories of real experiences.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
you are not alone.......I was here before i was here too

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
One of my weirdest experiences from very young was a repetitive dream of the same thing.

Not sure if it is past life or whatever, but maybe it has influenced my life since. This dream has stayed with me most of my life and is myself in a house with a split level floor to a living room with a really wide glass frontage like patio doors.

This house reminds me of something in America. I cant remember every seeing anything like that in the UK. Behind me in this house is what looks like a professional band setup like a recording or practice studio. For some reason there is a fire in this property and I just know a number of people die.

When I was 3-4 years old my mother told me that the very first drawing I ever made with crayons was of a fire engine. She still has it and kept it.

After several career changes over 21 years I now design and install fire sprinkler systems.

Have often wondered if there is a path set out for us.

edit on 27-2-2013 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Yes, I remember many things...

I don't have your photo memory... But I do have memories of when I was an infant - toddler...

I asked my mom about certain moments of my infancy and childhood, but the way I would present my question was in story form. Then she would finish my sentence and say, yeah it was RED...for example... I wanted to see if she would finish my sentence.... And she has all the time...

I remember the hospital elevator I was born in... She confirmed it by finishing my story to her with what I remembered.. She never, ever told me that I was born in an elevator prior to this.

Now regarding poster Drucila.
You state NDE can be simulated in the lab, which is always the comeback, but true none the less.

I just read a book about a brain surgeon who had meningitis, this awful monster meningitis took over areas of his brain.. Not going into specifics, but what he believed prior to his NDE and after will astonish you...

His reputation is at stake and he basically went ALL IN to say, hey there were places in my brain that was dead, which means dream state and any other (dream like) state could not be achieved with these certain areas of his brain being attacked by meningitis.. 7 days in coma he spent..
He looked at his brain scans (damaged brain scans) after he healed and he said, what I experienced in those 7 days, should not have happened based on science, his and his colleagues understanding of the brain...

His experience was unreal....
edit on 27-2-2013 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2013 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I remember before I was born this last time. it was nothing at all like you are talking about, no one believes it so no need to talk about it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i have a memory of drowning at a tropical beach as a young boy, around 7 years of age. the thing is, i have grew up in the bay area and my family never went to a beach like that while i was at that age. i would have remembered something like that. i even have a memory of seeing a man carrying my body out of the water. still have no explanation as to where this memory came from.

one other thing. ever since i was a little boy, i always felt comfortable around soldiers/sailors. the feel of a sword, specifically, a kitana and a rapier felt extremely natural and comfortable in my hand. i took fencing while in high school and excelled at the foil, becoming a champion. my instructor said that i was a natural. at open house night, i fenced a senior, me, a junior, who had been taking professional lessons for a while. we were even. i don't know why, but that has always felt like it belonged in my hand.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Sounds a bit Scientologist to me...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This thread is awesome. The stories you guys are telling are truly enthralling and really make one think about one's life path and distant memories.

I have some very early memories, but my most distant memory begins with me walking behind a screen or a panel with a very bright light behind it. I always felt that this was my 'entrance' -- this was how I came to this life.

I know from my dreams, visions and my life path that I have had several French lifetimes, though I am an American in this life. When I was a teenager I actually used to dream in French and understand it, though I couldn't speak French until I was in my early twenties. My daughter, who was born in France, has had some nightmares and other highly emotionally-charged experiences with anything having to do with WWII. She said she dreamt that she and I and a very close friend of our family were on a dark train with a sense of horror and impending doom after having been in the French resistance. I believe her.

And I believe you OP. Thanks for creating this thread.
edit on 27-2-2013 by antoinemarionette because: typos

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Try me, mine sounds crazy too. But I still can't dismiss the fact that several threaders are stating stories. You should join us. You might be suprised ^_^

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Don't you think these type of morons have not been in power over last thousands of years?
I know for a fact there have been some so I guess you made his point. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I have had a similar recurring dream/pre-birth memory.

I am in some other place and am pre-incarnate (unbounded and undefined in physical shape and size). I am told that I am a new creation, made for a very specific mission. I am prepared for insertion into the material world and will have to do something that all of history pivots on. I will not like what is going to happen, but afterward, will be happy about my achievement.

I cross a great darkness/void and then go through some sort of barrier which is like colored lines barring my way. Somehow I know that these lines are sentient.

Once through the barrier, I am in the matter universe and travel between the stars to Earth. I know that I have the power at this stage to destroy the Earth, but will loose it when I get born. I choose the particular couple who will be my parents. I think the main reason for my choice is the female, who will be my mother. She is the most intelligent person on the planet, an attribute that i will require to inherit, for my mission. She also has other features that I won't go into in a post. My dad is also highly intelligent, heroic and good natured. He will become my role model and moral compass.

I then give my final approval and then am told that I must forget the mission brief because I am to be the mission.

My next memory was of an incident that occurred when I was about 2 years old.

I am an old guy now so I don't know if I have completed my mission, or perhaps it is still to come. I don't think anything I have done to date is pivotal historically but I could have, without knowing it. I always seem to have access to people in power (Proverbs 22:29).

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

nteresting theory...could you please elaborate on what lead you to believe this?

and to the OP
hmm more details please

Originally posted by skorpius

We keep getting recycled through , our memories are wiped, but each time we are recycled we remember more and more from our past attempts to escape the cycle. [/quote

edit on 27-2-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I wonder; how many people get asked if they "want to go" when it comes to parents living in abject poverty that are going to sell the kid into sexual slavery?
I wonder; how many people get asked if they "want to go" when their parents are going to be extremely abusive, and might even kill the child soon after it's born, or just leave it in a dumpster?
I wonder; how many people get asked if they want to go" when it comes to all the hardest, worst, most miserably horrible and torturous existences available?

edit on 27-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

From the way I came to understand life (something I experienced to which you can find a link in my signature) and why we end up here is that every single experience is important to learning, including the very painful and despicable ones. It's hard to explain, but the ultimate point is that even the bad things in life become valuable in order to achieve the higher self. Some people choose to take those experiences on for the sake of learning. Once you're in this life you forget about the decisions you made prior to your arrival here. Not knowing where from/how/why you ended up here and starting from scratch helps you immerse yourself deeper in this life so that the experience is not tainted or unfulfilled due to your knowing.

As to an answer for the O.P. Do I remember anything from a previous life? I don't know for sure, but when I was a kid I would say some things to my parents that now as an adult I acknowledge are a bit weird. I remember that when I was about five years old, maybe a little younger, I would think and say to myself "I'm alive. I'm alive. I'm alive." and then such a profound happiness would follow realizing that I'm really alive. I don't know about you, but for a four or five year old kid to say that and then be so happy about it is not exactly "normal".... is it?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by k1k1to

i have the answer.

not everyone has a soul. there exists 2 types of humans.

a "natural" human, and an "occupied" human. a natural human is just an "empty shell" sure he looks human and acts human but there is nothing deeper, its missing that "spark" of life..its so easy to tell them apart. however an occupied human is a higher form of intelligence that occupies the shell of a natural human, just because it is the most intelligent form of life that resides in this planet.

most of the murderers, psychopaths, and often people born into torture and horrible conditions are mostly empty shells or "natural" humans...however some higher forms purposely chose the pain and suffering or often assigned these fates as a form of punishment.

clearly the person who started this thread is an occupied human.

You may desire to reconsider this position.
Here's why:

By inventing a group of 'REAL" people, and classifying all the rest as empty shells, you open the door to socio-apathy.
Any sufficiently developmentally challenged moron holding any sufficiently powerful political position anywhere could use the whole basis of difference between Real People and Shell People as justifiable rationalization for killing millions of people for any or no reason at all.

That's the more extreme of examples. Less extreme applications would involve totally ignoring social welfare, or the wants and need of anyone "lesser".

The whole premise gives anyone and everyone free reign to rape, murder, steal from and take advantage of anyone and everyone because by default, anyone following such a belief will always be one of the "real" people, while having a harem of child sex slaves would be okay since they're not real people, and even if they are, they picked that life and probably deserve it anyway.

The whole concept in itself is developmentally rudimentary; philosophically and psychologically equivalent in cognitive complexity and mental maturity to something any child could make up on the spot off the top of their head.

By comparison, the oldest continually practiced religion on the planet, Hinduism, from a standpoint of being developed by actual primitive ancient man, is a hair or two more sophisticated and refined in it's use of the caste system.

You're still totally screwed if you have a crappy life such that due the caste system, it's your lot in life to take what you get and be happy with it. If you want to be a crybaby about your miserable lot in life, then you run the risk of having to repeat the whole thing over, several times over, or, even getting tossed down the ladder to a worse lot in life in your next life.
The concept thus justifies keeping people with crap lives in their place, because that's where they're 'suppose' to be.

Beyond that you get into other philosophical complexities like the always fun solipsism
A Solipsist believes that nothing exists outside their own observation, where the entirety of the universe extends out to and encompasses only what they know about, where anything new is something a hidden compartmentalized aspect of themselves already knew and chose to reveal at that time for whatever or no reason at all.
I adore solipsism for it's ever so entirely selfish perspective and self examination of the universe. It's pretty hilarious.

You then fall into the primitive concepts of magical invisible super people that created everything, each and every sort of myriad version all different and pretty much the same.

Progressing beyond invisible people in the sky there's the one-with-the-universe philosophy.

The list goes on, but, the whole Real People vs Shell People thing is one of the more developmentally immature and simplistic such that by adopting the belief, one might as well say they're one of the shell people incapable of anything any more sophisticated or mature as far as a belief system goes.

I don't mean any insult to anyone by this.
Just say'n. It opens doors to dangerous thought and behavior.

------------------------

This is such a very interesting thread to read about everyone's experiences before and after birth - S & F to the Op of this thread.

Druscilla - Thank you for such an intelligent and eloquent reply. You have explained with such precise perfection and clarity and I Concur and Agree with what you have said 100%. In fact Druscilla, your reply is so eloquent, precise and accurate, it sounds like a reply a Doctor would make.

k1k1to, although I respect your comments, thoughts and studies on this subject. Druscilla has pointed out the obvious problems and errors in the proposal of these 2 types of people you have listed in your theory. k1k1to, the 2 types of humans you describe are already mentioned in the bible many times. Jesus talked about this subject extensively in his earthly ministry by " Casting out devils an demons "

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well, I can remember the visuals of my crib settings as far as lively memories go. But I've kept with me another memory/distant dream since forever.

Might as well put it out there.

I am myself as a young boy and I seem to have two guardians I guess you can call them. One is an asian man and another is a very pretty women, both dressed in victorian attire. They play with me all the time and there's other kids everywhere. We all are in a vast green place with overcast skies and bushy trees, looks like English countryside.

Each tree has steps to what is a treehouse of sorts and each one as far as the eye can see has other kids with their guardians. One day they take me up and give me a present. As far as I can tell it's a happy meal, and I enjoy the burger. Then they tell me I have to go and they'll see me again.

Now this is probably some old childhood dream but it feels older then me, to me, if that makes any sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Hey Dru...I just wandered...concerning your comment...I was unable to recognize your stance on this? Are you rejecting this notion of remebering...or are you simply stating a philosophical question?

thanks.

Personally I highly doubt I chose to be here.. I've spent my whole life trying to find the edge of the matrix only to find the game was all in my mind.. It's more like I was forced here.

I agree with her point.. Why would anyone choose those things? on the other hand logic is a strange thing to use from our angle judging something beyond our worldly realm. How could we know the motive of such an endeavor? Still, it would seem there wouldn't be so many people begging to starve.

edit on 2/27/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Well, if we're immortal spirits, which is what seems to be suggested (i.e. pre-existence), then we'd welcome all experiences, including suffering and misery. Why do people watch horror movies? For entertainment; you can't be physically harmed, for the most part, from watching a horror movie. If the purpose of life is experience, then all things should be experienced, even the unthinkable. Life is, ultimately, a sequence of tragic, and sometimes wonderful, events until death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join