It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else remember anything from before they were born?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by wantsome

I wonder; how many people get asked if they "want to go" when it comes to parents living in abject poverty that are going to sell the kid into sexual slavery?
I wonder; how many people get asked if they "want to go" when their parents are going to be extremely abusive, and might even kill the child soon after it's born, or just leave it in a dumpster?
I wonder; how many people get asked if they want to go" when it comes to all the hardest, worst, most miserably horrible and torturous existences available?

edit on 27-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

How do you think we got Eminem

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
my youngest memory was from about the age of 2

my parents put me in the crib and it pissed me off so i swallowed a Pennie i found in my crib, it got caught in my throat and i had to regurgitate it myself

i dont remember any past life's i dont think....
i have memories though from when i'm younger that i dont know if they're real or if i've just produced them for some reason, its a weird feeling.....

also alot of my dreams that re circulate feel like i'm living other lives out there, unless my imagination when i'm asleep is just that awesome, which is probably the truth.
edit on 28-2-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Night Star

Knowing the limits of introspection, memory, and other processes of thought, one finds that these 'facts' have very little, if anything, to stand on.

Sadly, you are correct. There are those of us who have had amazing experiences that we can't prove. It wasn't until dominicus came forward in another thread when I finally decided to come forward. I was always afraid people would think I am weird or delusional or whatever. Now we are seeing more people who are unafraid and coming forward.

It is wonderful to know that others have had similar experiences and you don't have to sit there thinking what the...????
Am I the only one?

It's a shame we can't prove it, but at least others who have had these experiences know they are not alone. We know the diference between dreams and memories, we know the difference between reality and fantasy. Not much else I can say really except that there is far more to life than we realize.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I used to repeatedly have a dream when I was very young about my grandmother taking me into a wonderful old general store with the wood and glass counters, the big barrels and bins, the bolts of fabric, the medical remedies off to the side, etc. It was very much a place of wonder.

I knew it was my grandmother, but it didn't look like how she looked. And the glaring problem is that there was no general store, especially not one out of the pages of the late 1800's, in our small town. My grandmother never travelled, so it wasn't a memory of her taking me elsewhere. I had a near photographic memory as a child, not a lot got by me, and I know this wasn't made up. its peculiar that I would dream about it so many times though.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I wonder; how many people get asked if they "want to go" when it comes to parents living in abject poverty that are going to sell the kid into sexual slavery?
I wonder; how many people get asked if they "want to go" when their parents are going to be extremely abusive, and might even kill the child soon after it's born, or just leave it in a dumpster?
I wonder; how many people get asked if they want to go" when it comes to all the hardest, worst, most miserably horrible and torturous existences available?

edit on 27-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Excellent questions! Sorry I didn't answer sooner. The strange thing is that for dominicus, he was shown how horrible this world is and thought that God/higher power or whatever you call the creator, knew best. For me, I don't remember being shown much at all, I remember being told that it would be the hardest thing I had ever done and that if I decided to come here, there would be no turning back. I'm sure that means I would have to stay until the death of my physical body. I thought if God had the confidence in me that I must be capable and was up for the challenge. I had no idea it would be the way it is.

I have no idea why anyone would choose to be born into the above mentioned situations. I'm thinking they didn't really know what they were getting themselves into. Then again,why would God even allow that????

dominicus and I would not have chosen to come here had we known what it would entail. We ourselves are unsure of things. We don't have all the answers and are mystified ourselves. Very strange.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I have no idea why anyone would choose to be born into the above mentioned situations. I'm thinking they didn't really know what they were getting themselves into. Then again,why would God even allow that????

People who have lived a long life, before death, say that life went by in a blink of an eye.

Time goes by so quick, however with saying that, some lives are lead for many years in horror. Do they say the same thing? Have no idea..

For me though I believe the people who come for the challenge of a life full of trauma have unfinished business and or karma to deal with. Soul growth, for a better term.

IF the reward in the next life comes from this one it may be well worth the struggles.

For instance...

Say my last life I didn't appreciate what I had in the material sense, much less spiritual. I was born into wealth and only cared for myself and making another dollar at another's expense. There was zero spiritual self and could have cared less about anything except myself.

In my next life, it would make sense for me to then learn what poverty is like. To learn what its like to EXPERIENCE a life where nothing comes easy and I am now the one suffering at the hands of another.

Life on Earth is about experiencing and learning.

When the soul growth has reached its full potential is when there is a life lead by experiencing giving of self to the fullest, without forgetting to love my self, of course. A life that overcomes the struggles and looks to the light instead of blaming another for my own misgivings. Accepting responsibility and taking action when there is a child near who is suffering. Taking your elderly neighbor bread and milk without asking for anything in return. Things like that...

Once a soul has learned through trial and error.... their Earth journey is over. They no longer have to come to Earth and can then graduate this life school of hard knocks.

Our next incarnation in another galaxy may not have huge mountains to climb.... but whatever it is... the hope of something better awaits us. Each life on Earth brings about a chance for another way to think, act, and experience..... which in turn creates a better life, IF we learn from our misgivings and or mistakes.

Then again,why would God even allow that????

Tough love? We do learn quicker when we have been banged up... "definitely won't do that again". Some of us are quick learners... some slower.

With our own creative will we create each reality from one life to the next. We are evolving. Why would the creator interfere? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of learning? We will eventually learn.

Like with my kids.... I can tell them to drive safe with their friends and buckle up... its up to them once they are not with me to do the right thing. Enough crashes and broken bones, they will learn.

edit on 28-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It is wonderful to know that others have had similar experiences and you don't have to sit there thinking what the...???? Am I the only one?

It's a shame we can't prove it, but at least others who have had these experiences know they are not alone. We know the diference between dreams and memories, we know the difference between reality and fantasy. Not much else I can say really except that there is far more to life than we realize.

I give you the benefit of the doubt. I believe what you're saying is true. I believe there is no gain in simply lying about such an experience unless one is pathological liar.

I just cannot agree with the interpretation of your experience because your conclusions lay outside the definition of experience entirely. Being alive and in a body is a prerequisite to experiencing anything. To experience something one must 'live' through it, touch it, see it, hear it, taste it, and gain an understanding about it through the experience.

One cannot remember before birth simply because he one wasn't there to remember anything. No memory is withheld simply because there is no brain or DNA to hold it in.

That being said, I hope the speculations of a cold-hearted man such as myself doesn't take anything away from how you see things.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by Char-Lee

Try me, mine sounds crazy too. But I still can't dismiss the fact that several threaders are stating stories. You should join us. You might be suprised ^_^

I think many will find it to different then everything they have been hearing, I don't expect anyone to believe me since they never have.

First off I clearly remember parts of two previous lives, one I was a girl suicide at age 21, at the turning of age 21 in this life I remembered and I had to live through the loss of the person who was the cause of my suicide just as though it had just happened.

The second I was a man, I lived a long life as a monk, in an isolated area. I worked as a healer and searched the hills for herbs and grew the ones that I could in a small garden. There was a small courtyard that got afternoon sun and as i aged I spent all afternoon sitting in the sun there you could smell garlic and herbs growing. I loved my life, it was quiet and useful and I helped a lot of people over the years.

These two life's effect me today as the first suicide was by jumping from a high place and I am terrified of heights. The second I love gardening and I now maintain an acre of gardens and a greenhouse of plants and love herbs and studying healing methods.

So before this life I remember...

I was of a form but without any features, I had no sense of time, I had no sense of sound or smell or touch in the normal way, I had feelings of a nature, I felt a simple pleasure and a complete contentment unlike any we are able to experience. I didn't think about things, like we do, I was aware of things instead in a very deep way, unexplainable really in our terms of thinking and feeling.

I was pulled along by any air current, I did not have a choice where I would go, when the air currents stopped I stopped. This did not bother me it just was as it was. There were many many many of us, we had an awareness of each other but we did not communicate nor really think in anyway of each other usually.

When we would come to a stop we in a sense we explored where we landed. I remember times I went into a tree, I felt what it was to be a tree. It had no sense of things in the way we do, it felt a sense like strength, and it did have an awareness of the other trees and anything passing by. I remember entering into and feeling what a rock feels, it had an awareness in a strange sense. I can clearly remember what that was like.

In this life because of those memories I have a love and attachment to trees and rocks.

Now the part people will really hate. When we floated across the land, wherever a birth was happening one of us would be pulled into the new child. This was the only time we felt a real awareness of each other or any sense beyond content and a sense of (closest I can think is gentile curiosity) not like we have though.

At these times as we were all pulled we would want to not be the one to have to be born, (we did understand what was happening) but we were helpless to prevent it. We were all pulled and the first, the closest would be pulled into any child being born. this was the only time we felt anything close to negative feeling and it was not a powerful feeling just a kind of... unable to put into words, repulsion I guess is best, we felt repulsed by the idea of being born. (this word is to strong I simply can't explain)

Needless to say this happened often

As a child in this life I became enthralled when the wind blew I felt like I should rise up and flow with it. My before birth memory hits anytime the wind blows and I feel it on my skin. I stand outside in storms to feel it and it makes me feel happy with the memory.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There are countless experiences... to discount reincarnation as nonsense.

If one is skeptical, study the experiences at length before you discount it, otherwise you have not a leg to stand on.

Listen to Father Peter.... "truth is you have lived many lives".

edit on 28-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

If one is skeptical, study the experiences at length before you discount it, otherwise you have not a leg to stand on.

Likewise for the opposite. Merely discounting every ounce of evidence to the contrary is not only foolhardy, but intellectually dishonest.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by MamaJ

Likewise for the opposite. Merely discounting every ounce of evidence to the contrary is not only foolhardy, but intellectually dishonest.

I have studied reincarnation for over 25 years. I have cell memory recall myself... my own experiences, however being in private school I was taught against it. I read it many times over in the Bible. I read it many times over in ancient texts that have nothing to do with religion.

I was skeptical at first and now I am a believer after hard core studying. Until you have studied it at length for yourself you have no legs to stand on. How can you judge one way or another? You can't. You are just talking.. bout it.

What evidence is there to the contrary? Lets talk about ALL the evidence that one cannot discount. Have you watched the videos I presented? There are many more.

If you don't believe it... so be it. Don't say its not possible when you have not done your own due diligence though. All I'm saying.

Here is another one...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Then why are there continuously great advances in neuroscience, molecular biology, electrophysiology, computational neuroscience etc.? We are learning more about the nervous system day by day.

What do you mean "why are there continuous advances"......? Advances are awesome!!!! But we are still in a scientific infancy. Consciousness is not physical.

This leads us into exciting times where the idealistic philosophies fall further and further out of sight where they can no longer cause the confusion they have caused.

Some of those philosophies are the precursors to what science is now finding. Kanada the Mystic proposed the Atom, around 2,500 years ago. Buddhism discusses the number of Universes in existence (funny how multi-verses are a recent theory in science), the Dogon tribe discussed the number of Planets in the Solar systems hundreds of years ago, etc etc ...many more examples to give.

Science cannot prove anything about something that isn't there in the first place.

Come on man!!!! You gotta be joking with this statement right?

Sounds like what someone said 200 years ago about combustion engines.

Doing so would only make your spiritual realities a part of that physicalist dogma many seem so scared of.

how so?

Knowing the limits of introspection, memory, and other processes of thought, one finds that these 'facts' have very little, if anything, to stand on.

Who says introspection has limits, besides those who only find those when introspecting?

personally, I've found the part of me within, that exists prior to thought. The same part that has always been there since being a baby. This is the part that holds the memory of pre-existing as non-local consciousness

I just cannot agree with the interpretation of your experience because your conclusions lay outside the definition of experience entirely. Being alive and in a body is a prerequisite to experiencing anything. To experience something one must 'live' through it, touch it, see it, hear it, taste it, and gain an understanding about it through the experience. One cannot remember before birth simply because he one wasn't there to remember anything. No memory is withheld simply because there is no brain or DNA to hold it in. That being said, I hope the speculations of a cold-hearted man such as myself doesn't take anything away from how you see things.

you said it best, "speculations" .........in your last sentence. Your like the man from 200 years ago doubting combustion engines.

Matter of tie til its proven
edit on 28-2-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

What do you mean "why are there continuous advances"......? Advances are awesome!!!! But we are still in a scientific infancy. Consciousness is not physical.

These advances are putting your "consciousness," which still amounts the the mere appearance of being awake, into tighter corners.

Some of those philosophies are the precursors to what science is now finding. Kanada the Mystic proposed the Atom, around 2,500 years ago. Buddhism discusses the number of Universes in existence (funny how multi-verses are a recent theory in science), the Dogon tribe discussed the number of Planets in the Solar systems hundreds of years ago, etc etc ...many more examples to give.

Never heard of Kanada the Mystic. But Democritus did formulate an atomic theory around that time. I still don't understand your point, as atoms and the planets are of materialistic dogma. Real things can speculated on and finally realized. Unreal things can be speculated on..... and that's it.

Come on man!!!! You gotta be joking with this statement right?

Sounds like what someone said 200 years ago about combustion engines.

Yes; people can invent things with materials. What can you invent with your spirit world? How many engines do you see that run on spirit? or Consciousness? There's zero, simply because science cannot and does not work with things that doesn't exist, that aren't things at all.

how so?

Science is physicalist and works with observations, repeated experiments and so fourth. If your imaginings could be reconciled with science, it would mean that they too fit the materialist perspective because they can be observed, measured and repeated materially.

Who says introspection has limits, besides those who only find those when introspecting?

personally, I've found the part of me within, that exists prior to thought. The same part that has always been there since being a baby. This is the part that holds the memory of pre-existing as non-local consciousness

And what part is that? What part of you within have you discovered?

you said it best, "speculations" .........in your last sentence. Your like the man from 200 years ago doubting combustion engines.

Matter of tie til its proven

I haven't denied that for one second because I'm honest. You're like the man from the dark ages who spits on the physicalist sciences because they don't leave man on a pedestal.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I have always believed in past lives and reincarnation, so your point about remembering knowledge hit home to me. As a child I never studied, I just knew math and reading without being taught. I had bad grades most of the time but fantastic test scores. As a student who did nothing but sit around bored in high school, I got my masters degree with almost a 4.0. I believe I have lived multiple lives in the past. There is an interesting book written by a women who claims to have interviewed an alien at a military base. The alien explains how our true form is engery, and we only use these bodies for the sensations they provide. It is like a drug to us. Per the alien most energy life forms can remember one physical life to another. However we are on a prison planet. Our minds are erased each time we are born again. This is done to keep us tame on the planet. Otherwise we would try to escape.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

These advances are putting your "consciousness," which still amounts the the mere appearance of being awake, into tighter corners.

Hardly so. Your premise is based on physicality, which when zoomed in on ever so deeper, ends up in non-material quantum states. It's not all black and white as you suppose things to be, as even science now agrees.

Never heard of Kanada the Mystic. But Democritus did formulate an atomic theory around that time. I still don't understand your point, as atoms and the planets are of materialistic dogma. Real things can speculated on and finally realized. Unreal things can be speculated on..... and that's it.

"Unreal" would be something that no one has ever heard of or experienced. In our case, we have thousands of people experiencing NDE's, Non-locality of consciousness to the degree that some people have seen say for example a serial number on the top of a hospital light that is facing the ceiling, or an old tennis shoe on a hospital roof where that person didn't have access to, and memories of hundreds of people having pre-existed.

If all this was unreal, we wouldn't have people experiencing such things, which still flies over the head of materialist science .

What isn't real, for example, is a half dog, half cat which flies and breathes fire. You will find no one claiming to have experienced this, or religions having started around this, or paths to experience this, because it is unreal.

Yes; people can invent things with materials. What can you invent with your spirit world? How many engines do you see that run on spirit? or Consciousness? There's zero, simply because science cannot and does not work with things that doesn't exist, that aren't things at all.

People can and will invent things with materials that will be used to measure and study the immaterial ...which is when soul/spirit/God will be taken serious and proven. There are already theoretical dimensions and actual quantum states that already do exist, are no-"thing" per se, cannot be measured and seen, and yet all the math and experiments point to it being that way.

Half dog/cat fire breather is unreal. Non-Local consciousness is real.

Science is physicalist and works with observations, repeated experiments and so fourth. If your imaginings could be reconciled with science, it would mean that they too fit the materialist perspective because they can be observed, measured and repeated materially.

You already brought confines and limits to the table with your above statement. Your rules and limits of observations and repeatable experiments are limited to things that can be observed and repeated.

Go ahead and try and observe and repeat the moment that you read this sentence the first time. You surely would agree you experienced it, yet you can't repeat or re-observe that moment.

Science is limited by whatever tech, knowledge, and limits it currently has. Put in a grand scheme of things, scientists in the year 3000 will look back on our current models and laughingly say we were a bunch of idiots just starting out, the way we look at science 200-300 years ago.

And what part is that? What part of you within have you discovered?

The inner observer. That Observer is that which has pre-existed prior to the body. One can be with thought, or without thought (with enough training). With No-Thought, I still exist. When there is Thought, I as the observer, am aware of the Mind thinking thoughts, therefore I am not the mind.

When this inner observer is found, it becomes loosened from the body and can freely travel out of it.

I haven't denied that for one second because I'm honest. You're like the man from the dark ages who spits on the physicalist sciences because they don't leave man on a pedestal.

I don't spit on anything. I LOVE science and one of my daily habits before I fall asleep, is reading all the latest science news of that day. It is the best system we currently have to figure out what all this is, why its here, and where its going. Science is a beautiful branch of knowledge.

However, it needs to be tempered with the following. Science is still in its infancy. It has limits. It has problems; politics, ego, questionable practices, immoral budgeting/financing based on several political factors, and many times, discoveries are also with held for political reasons as well.

When Science and Spirituality merge, then we will make the biggest leaps and bounds mankind has ever seen.

If we were betting men, I'd bet my house, car, job, savings, whole family, and my very life on the Soul & Afterlife being real. Are you willing to bet the same on the Soul being unreal?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I was born in 1980 and one of my earliest memories is watching the USA bicentennial celebration on TV. I remember seeing the flag and fireworks going off at the statute of Liberty. The weird thing is the bicentennial was in 1976. 4 years before I was born. Pretty strange.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I have read something similar from a different source that your posts reminded me of. It uses the terms "organic portals" and "ensouled humans."

I'm not entirely sure about the idea that consciousness is limited to the most intelligent beings that your version describes, but I'm not sold on this other version either.

www.kahealani.net...

In response to the OP I have only one memory that I have trouble pinning down. It may be from a movie that I saw when I was a kid, but I have never been able to figure out which movie it may have been.

In this memory there were people boarding a space craft to flee to another planet because the air in the atmosphere was losing oxygen (or whatever gas the people in this scenario breathe). For some reason it seems like the planet that this happened on was Mars.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i have just skimmed every page looking for the OP's next post by their avatar but cant see one so i hope to soon.

i'm on the wrong(or right) side of 60 so memories of these events are a little dim.

whichever planet i lived on prior to living on earth had a harmony unknown to here. people wore long robes and long hair. they had conquered space and traveled freely between the stars on ships that had relatively simple dashboards considering what they were capable of. i captained one such vessel.

my earliest memory of arriving here was either just prior to or shortly after arrival and i was deeply shocked at the barbaric state of their general evolution. on a scale of 100 it may have ranked 97th. it had a long way to go. i can sympathize with the views expressed by dominicus on Page 4. not that i have been a saint here but nothing real bad. as a child i longed for my "own people" but that gradually faded. i have found it easy to believe in ufo's, an endless universe with populated planets by the million or billion and death has only 1 meaning-- a transfer to another existence. i found the cars of the 50"s to be lacking in artistic style. rocket propulsion is crude. black holes, atomic processes on the sun(helium to hydrogen), and big bang theory seem to be scientific guesswork.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We cant remember before we were bron simply because before we were born, we had no one to identify us, hence there is nothing to reference to. When we are "born" we are given a name, a social security # and a set of parents. From this point is where identity and reference comes into place. Before we were given an identity, we had No identity, we were simply form or existence, or everything if you must. We are still the everything we once were but we only identify with the identity we were given. In order to "remember" before we were born, is simply to forget everything that happen after birth, lose the name, the identity and become everything again, then, only then will you remember. ^_^

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

If we were betting men, I'd bet my house, car, job, savings, whole family, and my very life on the Soul & Afterlife being real. Are you willing to bet the same on the Soul being unreal?

What I'm willing to bet is that soon enough, people will bet all those things, real things, their very life and whatever they love, on the existence of these fanciful ideas. The thing is, you are a betting man, and you've made that bet.

It pains me to see people place all their value on fleeting inexpressible thoughts instead of their very being, unjustly calling their body, their material, their experiences, their lives insignificant, passing off their existence as meaningless, life trapped in a shell, a prison we should escape from, in favour of what amounts to imaginative fantasy. This striving for the afterlife, the soul, consciousness, spiritual realities—all non-entities, idealistic realms, nothings—leads the credulous to doctrines of death and nihilism plain and simple.

I'm not a promoter of Science, or empiricism, or materialism—I agree with many of your sentiments in these regards—I only see the value this sort of 'spirituality' takes away from life itself.

Nontheless, whether this is true or not, your argument for non-local consciousness still amounts to this:

Half dog/cat fire breather is unreal. Non-Local consciousness is real.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join