It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't need us to tell you gas prices are on the rise.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Thats fine and all but talking about how cheap gas was when you walked to school in the snow barefoot and inflation is pushing this thread off topic on the 1st page.

Why not just lololol like the audience... cuz your not surprised, it is funny!

Lets all have a good hearty laugh at how far they're bending us over and discuss the rising prices like they're the result of something not made up.

reply to post by poet1b

The US isn't running out of oil anytime soon, thats why we have been borrowing everyone else's for so long. So that when they tapped the reserves and collapse the dollar the rich will still have commodities.

Still, were way off-topic on the 1st page.
edit on 26-2-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

Yeah, perhaps that is because this has already been discussed in another thread. I never said it was "funny" I said it isnt surprising.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You are right, big oil, and the big corporations that benefit so much from cheap oil supplies, will fight to the very end to remain in power, but they will lose.

I agree, the big question is how much damage will they do in order to try and stay in power.

edit on 26-2-2013 by poet1b because: Typos

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Fracking has already created so much damage the public is already against it.

Face reality

The huge wasteful economy designed only for the benefit of the bankers and oil barons will come crashing down.

I am facing reality, the untapped reserves in Alaska are huge. The bankers and oil profiteers will never be held accountable, nothing will ever "crash down" on them. They are untouchable..

As for the public being against fracking...

The public don't even know what fracking is, they're clueless. I mean what % are you talking? Saying the public is against fracking sounds like something I'd hear on Portlandia..

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

My bad, I was unaware of the other thread before.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

No, the reserve in Alaska are. OT huge, they are tiny.

Compared to what was in Montana, they are large reserves, but compared to Texas or the Middle East, tiny, and certainly not going to make up for the rest if the world running out of oil.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No sir

The East Texas Oil Field is a large oil and gas field in east Texas. Covering 140,000 acres and parts of five counties, and having 30,340 historic and active oil wells, it is the second largest oil field in the United States outside of Alaska.

Since its discovery, the East Texas Oil Field has produced more than 5.2 billion barrels of oil, and originally contained more than 7 billion barrels.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1998, the USGS estimated that between 5.7 and 16.0 billion barrels of technically recoverable crude oil and natural gas liquids are in the coastal plain area of ANWR, with a mean estimate of 10.4 billion barrels, of which 7.7 billion barrels lie within the Federal portion of the ANWR 1002 Area.

In comparison, the estimated volume of undiscovered, technically recoverable oil in the rest of the United States is about 120 billion barrels.

What your not getting is that the rest of the world can fend for themselves.

We tricked them out of they're oil, traded worthless paper off as a commodity for it only to later collapse the value of the dollar, eliminating the technical debt.

The US isn't switching to clean energy.. the intercontinental highway of the North American Union will be built and run on Alaskan oil.

All part of the NWO agenda.. selling the US public into slave labor as seeming debt consolidation.

I admire your optimism though.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Actually, I'm pretty sure that most of the news get's it's "script" from the newspapers. If the newspapers ran a general story on gas prices from the Associated Press, then it makes sense why every newscaster would say the same couple of words.

They're just reading from an article in a newspaper that the rest of us will read in the morning.

Gas is till way too expensive right now though.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

In 1998, the USGS estimated that between 5.7 and 16.0 billion barrels of technically recoverable crude oil and natural gas liquids are in the coastal plain area of ANWR, with a mean estimate of 10.4 billion barrels, of which 7.7 billion barrels lie within the Federal portion of the ANWR 1002 Area.

In comparison, the estimated volume of undiscovered, technically recoverable oil in the rest of the United States is about 120 billion barrels.

Yeah! Technically recoverable! Which is also why Wiki isnt exactly a respectable source.

But they don't specify the grade, and that makes all the difference in the world, and then there is the issue of what it will take to get those reserves.

www.eia.gov...

Try 3.7B in all of Alaska, but how much is recoverable is another issue. And this isn't all in one big well.

While the Permian based oil fields in Texas have already produced over 20B barrels alone.

edit on 26-2-2013 by poet1b because: Typo, missed detail.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join