It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: A Questionnaire Companion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
an observation:-
re #8 i have read about 3 random pages and it seems most people have been raised a particular denomination and then become agnostic or drift away from their original religeous upbringing. not all but at least a large number/%. i think this is significant and relates to new types/levels of consciousness. perhaps early aquarian "agers" after pisces 2000 odd years expires. religion is piscean.
ps; yet to submit my list

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
re #8 i have read about 3 random pages and it seems most people have been raised a particular denomination and then become agnostic or drift away from their original religeous upbringing. not all but at least a large number/%. i think this is significant and relates to new types/levels of consciousness. perhaps early aquarian "agers" after pisces 2000 odd years expires. religion is piscean.

Good observation, as I too share in the pattern.. I was raised Catholic, left the church at 16, am now atheist.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by apokalupsis33vital

Finally, someone who can relate... no joke, you are the very first person whom I have ever discussed this with, thank you for being here, now

I actually know of two others on ATS (siblings) who along with their father feel drawn to Deneb (Alpha Cygni). They're of the opinion that perhaps stars are the "gateways" through which souls enter and leave the universe, so they feel like our homes. But maybe they're just our homes' "front doors." Or maybe we're all just nuts. Or maybe...

I don't really subscribe to the Gospel of Judas' authenticity, but in it, Jesus reportedly says, "Each of you has his own star" and "Judas, your star has led you astray." So maybe there's some truth to it. But who knows...

I've always been called towards the belt stars (Alnitak, Alnilam, and Mintaka)... don't know why, can't explain anything other than the way I feel, and doing that is a challenge in and of itself, you know?

Hmm. The girdle, the pearls, and the belt. The Spanish call them "The Three Marys." Ancient Christians consider them the Three Wise Men... I'm leaning towards Alnilam as being yours; all "home stars" I've heard of seem to be variable ones. Alnilam and Deneb are even the same kind of variable. Mira's a different kind. Alnilam's expected to go supernova soon though... It sounds so silly writing all this down...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker

Originally posted by apokalupsis33vital

Finally, someone who can relate... no joke, you are the very fIrst person whom I have ever discussed this with, thank you for being here, now

I actually know of two others on ATS (siblings) who along with their father feel drawn to Deneb (Alpha Cygni). They're of the opinion that perhaps stars are the "gateways" through which souls enter and leave the universe, so they feel like our homes. But maybe they're just our homes' "front doors." Or maybe we're all just nuts. Or maybe...

I don't really subscribe to the Gospel of Judas' authenticity, but in it, Jesus reportedly says, "Each of you has his own star" and "Judas, your star has led you astray." So maybe there's some truth to it. But who knows...

I've always been called towards the belt stars (Alnitak, Alnilam, and Mintaka)... don't know why, can't explain anything other than the way I feel, and doing that is a challenge in and of itself, you know?

Hmm. The girdle, the pearls, and the belt. The Spanish call them "The Three Marys." Ancient Christians consider them the Three Wise Men... I'm leaning towards Alnilam as being yours; all "home stars" I've heard of seem to be variable ones. Alnilam and Deneb are even the same kind of variable. Mira's a different kind. Alnilam's expected to go supernova soon though... It sounds so silly writing all this down...

It does seem a bit silly, but I don't care; I know what I feel is something real, otherwise I wouldn't give it a second thought. I've shed tears while looking toward Orion, I admit... the feeling, the longing is just so strong, so palpable.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

Yay! Sagittarius AND AB-. *high fives you*

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Fits me.

Raised Christian, wanted to be a missionary. Got a degree in theology, won a scholarship to study Baptist history at Oxford.

Then, as I began to read comparative religions and to really think about the problems with religion.....I eventually grew disillusioned and left the church.

Now I call myself agnostic. I sense there's something more, but I don't think I'm capable of understanding its nature.

Does this make sense? It's kinda hard to explain.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Now I call myself agnostic. I sense there's something more, but I don't think I'm capable of understanding its nature.

Does this make sense? It's kinda hard to explain.

Complete sense. Exactly my belief.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

That's really ironic...my fiancé does the exact same thing with looking at Orion (he is an Aquarius). I, on the other hand, have always looked in the opposite direction...towards Ophiuchus whenever he is visible in the sky...and whenever I found out that I had been born under Ophiuchus instead of Sagittarius, I was absolutely shocked.

Crazy, crazy stuff, indeed.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888

That's really ironic...my fiancé does the exact same thing with looking at Orion (he is an Aquarius). I, on the other hand, have always looked in the opposite direction...towards Ophiuchus whenever he is visible in the sky...and whenever I found out that I had been born under Ophiuchus instead of Sagittarius, I was absolutely shocked.

Crazy, crazy stuff, indeed.

Indeed. Maybe we are experiencing the same tangible connections to the stars (possibly more) that our ancient ancestors obviously had. The Mayans, Egyptians, you name it, were drawn to the cosmos and developed their civilizations around those connections.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
1. INTP
2.Aquarius
3.Rh Negative (I think!)
4.CCNA.
5.Frequently
6.Sometimes i talk to deceased family in my dreams and see future events, also in dreams.
7.I think i had some form of UFO contact when i was younger. My friends and me used to play in the woods and i have this recurring image of flashing light's, some sort of craft and being's but it's hazy. Like it could be a false memory but im pretty sure it was real. It's annoying that i cant solve it!!!
8.No religion but there is a supreme being. I have never doubted this since the day i was born. It is a feeling i have had all of my life.
9.Nope.
10.Scotland.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Maybe you're right! That's a really intriguing theory.

I Googled the Gates of God and Man. Apparently, people have/had believed that the soul left Heaven through the Gate of Man to come to Earth to inhabit the body, and the soul left Earth and returned to Heaven through the Gate of God when the body died. If anyone has any more info on these, it would be interesting to hear what you know.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888

Maybe you're right! That's a really intriguing theory.

I Googled the Gates of God and Man. Apparently, people have/had believed that the soul left Heaven through the Gate of Man to come to Earth to inhabit the body, and the soul left Earth and returned to Heaven through the Gate of God when the body died. If anyone has any more info on these, it would be interesting to hear what you know.

Excellent addition! I hope somebody can enlighten us; and oh how my mind is filling with ideas and hypotheses, lol (I love it!)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It's so great to see such an array of correlations and significant affiliations between members from this post. I truly appreciate the colossal connection that I have established with members since the start of my involvement on ATS.

There might be minor to great differences between us all but undeniably we all share a common ground. This will to communicate with others about topics that can hardly be raised in any form of conversation with strangers. Yet here we all are, strangers with a sense of comfort and trust to share a little bit more about ourselves.
Ats is playing a huge role in connecting people from all over with torrents of useful information and discussions to further envelop our thoughts to new horizons.

So many forms of intellectuals roaming this site with wisdom and insight into age old questions pestering our consciousness. This sense of self discovery we all share is intern helping others to discover themselves. Whether it be by chance or by deliberate intervention we can all agree keeping an open mind will keep fresh ideas in the loophole for all to explore and analyze.

I implore everybody to commemorate SMYLEEGRL for putting in the efforts for these threads and causing such a chain reaction of eager participants.

Great things to all
Its truly inspiring for me to realize that we are not as isolated as we think, viva la ATS

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Same here. My head is spinning with possibilities!!! I've never written a thread before but now I'm kinda inspired to write one concerning these Gates. I hope no one beats me to it, LOL.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
1. Meyer Briggs--- INFJ
2. LEO
3. B+ (I am so surprised how many do not know this)
4. Some college, I want to go back.
5. I had know idea I was having lucid dreams, until talking with someone on Here.
6. Deja vu by a lot and feel something is not right.like I shouldn't go this way or I just shouldn't go at all. I have had 3 dreams about people waving, or in coffins, weeks before their deaths.
7. A lot, lived in a haunted house growing up and so did two of my other family members. ( someone died in my house, my grandparents lived in a house where someone took their own life and my aunt's house we do not know the story of the woman in black.)
8. I believe in God but have not been to church in years.
9. Sadly I am always starting new hobbies. I get bored after awhile and want to try something new.
10. I was born, I was raised in the US of A
I'm living in America
A O, A O, A O, A O, A O A O, A O, A O
And no matter what they say
I'll be livin' here anyway
Sorry, as I started to type USA USA that song came and decided to stick itself in my head.
My daughter was a fan of Aaron Carter when she was a teen & I must say he put on one heck of a show.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type (take test here) INFJ

2. Astrological sign - Taurus

3. Blood type - O negative

4. Highest level of Education - MBA

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? - No

6. Any psychic experiences? - Yes

7. Any paranormal experiences? - Yes

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? - Spiritual, not religious

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? - Yes

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence - USA

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by z00mster

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I don't want someone poking around in my head. It's scary enough in there without feeding it strangers.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
1.Introvert 67%, iNtuitive 38%,Feeling 19%, Judging 33%.

2. Aquarius

3. Don't know.

4. BA politics

5. Yes but not for a very long time.

6. Yes but infrequent and minor.

7.Yes, a few.

8.There's an afterlife/other side

9. Not recently.

10. Born in UK, stuck here.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl