It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Blizzard - More "historic" and "unprecedented" weather..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

Originally posted by Rezlooper
I think what the OP is trying to say here is that It's not that any one storm is so out of the ordinary for that particular area, but the combination of all these super-storms all over the world that are labeled "historic." Look at the sheer number of them over the past year alone. You'd have to be born yesterday to not see the numbers. You may continue to deny and keep your head buried in the sand, but it's not going to change the reality we face here.

Presuming this was aimed at me...I'll accept some of your points.
But...how would you know if I "continue to deny" anything...and/or that my head has EVER been buried in the sand?
On the other hand, I don't see "super storms" as broadcast by the MSM being nearly as alarming as they appear to want me to believe.
I saw "super storm Sandy" as...another weather event that affected a lot of people (because of where it hit).
If you're wanting me to agree that some conspiracy (or group of conspiracies) is behind the various weather patterns we've seen (I've been through many weather events in my lifetime)...I might could agree... But I might not agree with your list of suspects (then again - I might - who knows?).
Last year, about this time, I was without power for a numer of days in a row...with an ice & snow storm...
edit on 2/25/2013 by WanDash because: The R's have it.

It wasn't aimed at you, it was in general, but now that you mention it...yes, it is aimed at you! Super Storm Sandy was anything but normal. A hurricane traveling up the seaboard took a direct turn to the west directly into another storm which, pulled in by the other storm basically...it's never happened before. Your other post about my point with the Amarillo snowfall, seriously...I'm showing you stats, but those are exactly what you don't want to see, though, right? That proves my point right there...YOU want to keep your head buried in the sand, just like the rest who deny facts presented to you.

The "This" you refer to in your other post, to me is the "theory" that I present about methane gas being the cause of these abnormal (or normal as you call them) events happening all over the world. You can find the thread in my signature.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
If, by that, you mean that I've stated an opinion that I agree with, and that I don't agree with those who don't share that opinion, then, yeah, that's generally how this works..

That was not what I meant - - here is that portion of the quote that was alluded to as "forthright"... (particularly the underlined segment)

I understand the earth goes through cycles and things like this have happened in the past - but I'm just looking for general agreement that something is happening, that it's out of the norm (for our modern civilization) and that it's potentially a bad thing for us.

So - no - I wasn't asking if you agreed with your own opinion.

As Rezlooper has stated, this isn't about any one incident, but a pattern of incidents. Hey, I could be wrong and all the wacky weather could come to a halt, but I'd be willing to wager that we're going to see things get a lot worse over the coming years...

That may be the case. Could be for any number of reasons, too. Could be man-made... Could be conspiratorial... Could be cyclical (like - every couple of ten thousand years, or so)... Or, be "the DOOM" so many have been predicting (& hoping for).
Maybe you don't want to get specific. I probably wouldn't argue any particular case on the matter...except that - I'm not getting any of the snow!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

If, by that, you mean that I've stated an opinion that I agree with, and that I don't agree with those who don't share that opinion, then, yeah, that's generally how this works..

That was not what I meant - - here is that portion of the quote that was alluded to as "forthright"... (particularly the underlined segment)

I understand the earth goes through cycles and things like this have happened in the past - but I'm just looking for general agreement that something is happening, that it's out of the norm (for our modern civilization) and that it's potentially a bad thing for us.

So - no - I wasn't asking if you agreed with your own opinion.

I think we're arguing semantics here which is inconsequential and not very productive, but, yes, I'd prefer that you agree with me, but don't expect you to.

As Rezlooper has stated, this isn't about any one incident, but a pattern of incidents. Hey, I could be wrong and all the wacky weather could come to a halt, but I'd be willing to wager that we're going to see things get a lot worse over the coming years...

That may be the case. Could be for any number of reasons, too. Could be man-made... Could be conspiratorial... Could be cyclical (like - every couple of ten thousand years, or so)... Or, be "the DOOM" so many have been predicting (& hoping for).
Maybe you don't want to get specific. I probably wouldn't argue any particular case on the matter...except that - I'm not getting any of the snow!

Or could be all of the above - I'm not arguing the cause, just that something not very good is happening, but you know that and that's apparently where we disagree.

But it sounds like we both agree on one thing - that snow is cool - I grew up in Ohio and am now in NC and definitely miss it!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

...It wasn't aimed at you, it was in general, but now that you mention it...yes, it is aimed at you! Super Storm Sandy was anything but normal. A hurricane traveling up the seaboard took a direct turn to the west directly into another storm which, pulled in by the other storm basically...it's never happened before. Your other post about my point with the Amarillo snowfall, seriously...I'm showing you stats, but those are exactly what you don't want to see, though, right? That proves my point right there...YOU want to keep your head buried in the sand, just like the rest who deny facts presented to you.

The "This" you refer to in your other post, to me is the "theory" that I present about methane gas being the cause of these abnormal (or normal as you call them) events happening all over the world. You can find the thread in my signature.

You have no problem making judgments on other people's intentions or character...do you?
What if it is you...that is wrong? Doesn't matter...
For the sake of laying that argument aside - I will admit here...that my head has not only been in the sand, of late...but remains there, and I'm simply having a hard time hearing/seeing/understanding you.
Past that - I acknowledged your facts - thanked you for the info...and - even acknowledged that I might agree with you...
Don't really see a need for this direction of conversation to continue...unless you're wanting me to consider an argument (facts, whatever) for your cause.
In any case - I will still have nowhere to wear my snow shoes.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

...could be all of the above - I'm not arguing the cause, just that something not very good is happening, but you know that and that's apparently where we disagree.

But it sounds like we both agree on one thing - that snow is cool - I grew up in Ohio and am now in NC and definitely miss it!

Yeah - I don't want to ARGUE the point. I would like to know WHY I should believe that something "out of the ordinary" is the cause.
Out of the ordinary, though, is certainly "subjective" with the limited amount of information (knowledge) that we have.
With "knowledge" changing like the surface of the ocean - it has become difficult for me to settle on root causes, anymore.
I have sat on many sides of this fence (it has at least 16 sides
), only to be uprooted by another, newer set of facts (or "doctrines").
So - I don't let myself get as excited over events as I used to...

I would not want to live/be in NC...(great ham/food, great scenery, a lot of great stuff...but) ...can't stand the humidity and potential tornadic activity.

Back to events, though -- The third summer I lived in Colorado, we had boo-koo days in a row of over 100 degree temperatures... We had days where the thermometer on the porch read 119. My bedroom was upstairs, facing west...and there were many nights where the wall temperature didn't dip below 100 at any point through the night.

Please understand that I do not disagree with your take (that this is something to be concerned about).
I just don't think there's anything I (we?) can do about it...
Thanks for the conversation!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

...It wasn't aimed at you, it was in general, but now that you mention it...yes, it is aimed at you! Super Storm Sandy was anything but normal. A hurricane traveling up the seaboard took a direct turn to the west directly into another storm which, pulled in by the other storm basically...it's never happened before. Your other post about my point with the Amarillo snowfall, seriously...I'm showing you stats, but those are exactly what you don't want to see, though, right? That proves my point right there...YOU want to keep your head buried in the sand, just like the rest who deny facts presented to you.

You have no problem making judgments on other people's intentions or character...do you?
What if it is you...that is wrong? Doesn't matter...
For the sake of laying that argument aside - I will admit here...that my head has not only been in the sand, of late...but remains there, and I'm simply having a hard time hearing/seeing/understanding you.
Past that - I acknowledged your facts - thanked you for the info...and - even acknowledged that I might agree with you...
Don't really see a need for this direction of conversation to continue...unless you're wanting me to consider an argument (facts, whatever) for your cause.
In any case - I will still have nowhere to wear my snow shoes.

You're right that I may be wrong. I only present a theory with the methane gas. It may be wrong, it may be right. I'm not a scientist and I am only basing what I write about on information that I find the more I dig. IMO though, after writing about this topic for the past two months I do believe that something is off. That's all that I try to present and I'm not trying to convince anyone that I'm right and you (or anybody else) are wrong I just hope that people keep an open mind and consider the information presented.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

...You're right that I may be wrong. I only present a theory with the methane gas. It may be wrong, it may be right. I'm not a scientist and I am only basing what I write about on information that I find the more I dig. IMO though, after writing about this topic for the past two months I do believe that something is off. That's all that I try to present and I'm not trying to convince anyone that I'm right and you (or anybody else) are wrong I just hope that people keep an open mind and consider the information presented.

Sincere Thanks!
Humility always opens my ears and eyes.
Will look at your information.
If I disagree...I'll probably keep it to myself.
Hope all is & goes well for you.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

And you to. Maybe you should plan a day trip to the panhandle so you can use them snowshoes

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

And you to. Maybe you should plan a day trip to the panhandle so you can use them snowshoes

I know people, there... They would want me to bring my snow-shovel.
Do love your avatar...I mean - picture.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

...So, you are saying that it's situation normal then? All the recent broken records are normal? And statistics such as it being the 335th straight month of above average global temperatures is normal? I understand the earth goes through cycles and things like this have happened in the past - but I'm just looking for general agreement that something is happening, that it's out of the norm (for our modern civilization) and that it's potentially a bad thing for us. I'm not arguing the origins here, just that the data indicates that something potentially bad for the human species is afoot...

You apparently have an opinion that you want others to agree with...as stated forthright in the above quoted text. This, however, is neither "unprecedented" or (even) "unusual" for the Panhandle of Texas. I've been dealing with winds all day...and unfortunately (for someone who likes cold/er weather) can expect the temperatures to rise dramatically by tomorrow.
(And sadly - we only got a few snow flurries, here...today.)

So your in the panhandle of Texas? And this does not apply to your area??

www.breakingnews.com...
Central US winter storm, February 2013
Amarillo, Texas, recorded 19 inches of snow today making it the 2nd snowiest 24 hour period on record - @ksatweather

3 hours ago by editor

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Okay - I read your thread and am with you 100%.
WE MUST approach all heads of government & get beans outlawed.
Which Constitutional Amendment will need to be disavowed?
In any case - It's the least we can do!

Or, more seriously - thanks for taking the time to coax me into reading your thread.

It was very informative, and...I HOPE (just like you)...THAT YOU'RE WRONG.
Hydrogen Sulfide & Methane.
I've seen a number of threads regarding the Lousiana sink-hole...that is purported to be a reservoir of methane gas... Maybe you haven't been following them (I would think you would)...but...if that were to "go up/blow up/ignite", what kind (volume) of methane do you think that might infuse into the environment?
Or - when methane "ignites", does most of it "burn off"...ridding us of the more deadly effects (to the atmosphere)?

Sorry - OP - if this seems to be digressing from the initial flow of topic...but, I think it is still, at least, marginally, pertinent...?

After all - Hydrogen Sulfide and Methane gases are a huge issue where I live...

edit on 2/25/2013 by WanDash because: darned commas

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPhoenix
So your in the panhandle of Texas? And this does not apply to your area??

Thanks for your concern!!!!!!
No - I am in WEST Texas...south and a little west of the affected area...
JUST WISHING I WAS.
Again - sincere thanks for your concern. Come visit sometime.

Sheesh! Get a map. (I know - Texas is BIG...just like my hat...and horse...and...ego...)

And you got a 'star' for that?
edit on 2/25/2013 by WanDash because: practicing the moronica

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Okay - I read your thread and am with you 100%.
WE MUST approach all heads of government & get beans outlawed.
Which Constitutional Amendment will need to be disavowed?
In any case - It's the least we can do!

Or, more seriously - thanks for taking the time to coax me into reading your thread.

It was very informative, and...I HOPE (just like you)...THAT YOU'RE WRONG.
Hydrogen Sulfide & Methane.
I've seen a number of threads regarding the Lousiana sink-hole...that is purported to be a reservoir of methane gas... Maybe you haven't been following them (I would think you would)...but...if that were to "go up/blow up/ignite", what kind (volume) of methane do you think that might infuse into the environment?
Or - when methane "ignites", does most of it "burn off"...ridding us of the more deadly effects (to the atmosphere)?

Sorry - OP - if this seems to be digressing from the initial flow of topic...but, I think it is still, at least, marginally, pertinent...?

After all - Hydrogen Sulfide and Methane gases are a huge issue where I live...

edit on 2/25/2013 by WanDash because: darned commas

Thanks for reading. If we "burn off" methane it turns to CO2 which is much safer for the atmosphere than methane, but of course, sudden ignitions are going to cause some deadly explosions, which are already happening at an alarming rate as well. Check out this site for his daily update of all the mysterious deaths, explosions and unexplained vehicle and boat fires.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

If the sinkhole explodes, due to the gases bubbling, I don't think the methane will be the big problem anymore, because it will burn off as CO2. The main concern would be how catastrophic the explosion would be for the area and if it triggers any other events down there. There are many of these salt caverns throughout the region, all filled up with stored gases. Here is my most recent contribution to the LA sinkhole thread. Well, you gotta scroll up a few posts to find mine. When going through the link it takes you to a different post, not sure how to make it go to mine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-2-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Hey Rez!! I can say, you and I are remembering about the same when it comes to snow fall. Growing up at the very southern tip of Lake Michigan, I remember snow from October until March. And some of the Lake effect snow, One year, the drift behind our house, only about 2 inches of our 5 foot fence was sticking out of the top.

Now I live in the middle of the lake and Indianapolis.

I guess we are going to get part of the storm that hit Texas tomorrow. Rain, sleet, snow, then more rain. I just want 80 degrees and sunny so I can ride on the back of the Harley.....

Ok, I was thinking(scary, I know) But for the past ten years or so, a few years on Christmas, we were wearing tee-shirts. And usually you can count on a big snow in Feburary. Haven't got it yet this year. Of course, there are still 4 days left of the month.

The weather now a days does seem more volitle. But we haven't had any good thunderstorms either. A few years back, I remember watching a good storm come in on New Years Eve.

edit on 26-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: had to add something

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

...Thanks for reading. If we "burn off" methane it turns to CO2 which is much safer for the atmosphere than methane, but of course, sudden ignitions are going to cause some deadly explosions, which are already happening at an alarming rate as well. Check out this site for his daily update of all the mysterious deaths, explosions and unexplained vehicle and boat fires.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

If the sinkhole explodes, due to the gases bubbling, I don't think the methane will be the big problem anymore, because it will burn off as CO2. The main concern would be how catastrophic the explosion would be for the area and if it triggers any other events down there. There are many of these salt caverns throughout the region, all filled up with stored gases. Here is my most recent contribution to the LA sinkhole thread. Well, you gotta scroll up a few posts to find mine. When going through the link it takes you to a different post, not sure how to make it go to mine.

Gonna see if this one gets us there...
Okay - think we got it.

Thanks for the input. Seems you do a lot of reading in these regards...before posting.
So - It doesn't matter if I agree with your conclusion/s or not... I am a lot more educated than I was before - and I now have your "opinion" logged in some part of my brain that won't let it go.

I do have a "story" on a sink-hole that is unrelated to the oil & gas industry, that I might share at another time.
Just an unusual story.

Again - Thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join