It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Rewrite History….Again!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by krazykanuk

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by krazykanuk

Ben Affleck thanked Canada. I was watching to see if anyone did which of course they should but you can't say the rest of the film didn't happen because with a few minor, some might say insignificant, changes... it did.
Hollywood uses artist license to edit and embellish for entertainment.

Ya...he gave a quick quip to Canada at his acceptance speech. PSST!

Embellish the truth?...a few minor changes? This movie is a fictitious, bald-faced lie from start to finish, yet it is promoted as a "true story" in the MSM!

This is how history is rewritten to the masses or don't you get that?

Huh? Maybe rewritten to the idiot masses who'll believe anything...not to the historians and people who get their history from them. This is not history.
This is a movie and it was based on actual events which is completely different from

A true story.

It wasn't a lie from start to finish. I don't think you get it or you're getting something that isn't there.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
On a site whose maxim is Deny Ignorance and which supports the search for the truth and transparency we have the majority of US posters who openly support falsification of facts all in the name of entertainment and appeasement of American audience sensibilities.

What part of

it's a movie

don't you get?

You seem to be losing a firm grip on reality right now.
edit on 26-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

What part of
it's a movie
don't you get?

C'mon guys, calm down - I'm only using literary licence for dramatic effect just to make all the Canadian and British posters feel better in themselves as they are such sensitive souls - I mean, it's only the internet, no-one takes what they read on here seriously do they? - after all, it's only entertainment!
edit on 27/2/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You know...it seems it is so easy for some...and this is not directed at you...to be able to bitch about the U.S. as well as say things like we are rewritting history...when they are all warm and safe without worry that some Dictator is sending an army to enslave them.

When you look at World History...just exactly what do you think things would be like if the United States had not been around since World War I?

I will tell you. If you are European...you would either be speaking German or Russian. If you are Canadian...you would have a Russian or Japanese running your country. If you are South Korean...well...GOOD LUCK pleasing Fearless Leader...the Living GOD...LOL!

The fact remains that without the existence of the United States...the people of this Planet would be under the control of DICTATORS and have little or no freedoms.

If you want to know how certain people feel about the U.S. Military after a disaster...go ask the Japanese People. After the Earthquake and Tsunami...the U.S. Military and especially...U.S. Navy were able to save thousands of Japanese as well as provide Food, Water, Shelter, Medical as well as provide Searchers with Dogs to locate those burried and the U.S. Navy using it's special abilities were credited by the Japanese people for reaching Japanese in areas that their own Government could not and had wrote such people off as unreachable. The USN. went in to these unreachable areas and saved thousands of more lives.

The Japanese people were so greatful after this they FORCED their own Government and Leaders who had decided to no longer allow U.S. Navy Nuclear Carrier Groups to remained based and stationed in Japan....FORCED them to allow the U.S. Navy to STAY.

The Japanese people also harshly condemned the impotentcy of their own Governments disaster response and the actions of the U.S. Military and Navy are now text book study for futiure Japanese Disaster Managment Planners.

Such U.S. Military Aid and Disaster relief is done ALL OVER THE WORLD and including Japan there has also been recently....the entire Pacific/Indian Ocean Rim after that Tsunami, Haiti, Iran...after their large Earthquake...etc...etc...etc..

So those of you can go on and Bitch...but we all know that Bitching will turn to cries for help that will be answered should disaster fall upon YOUR countries. I don't think the people of the U.S. could count on the same level of aid from your people.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

If it's not aimed at me why reply to me?

I find it quite revealing that many American's find any criticism of the USA as a criticism of it as a whole.

Sure I dislike certain aspects of American culture etc but I'm certainly not anti-American per se.
I've repeatedly stated on ATS my belief that the world would be a far worse place if it wasn't for the role the USA plays - even though I don't agree with aspects of it's foreign policy. (I feel exactly the same about my own country - I'm not singling out the USA at all - but it's not my country under discussion in this thread).

And I find it baffiling that every single discussion about the USA eventually results in 'we saved your ass' nonsense.
Predictable and disproven on many an occassion.

Sure, the USA played a large role in WWI and WWII, but contrary to what many believe, an opinion probably encouraged by Hollywood, it didn't do it alone - far from it.

You mention several instances of US humanitarian aid - which deserve recognition - but imagine the outcry in America if a Canadian / Britsh film portrayed those events as being carried out by them and completely disregarded the facts just to make the film more appealing to their domestic audiences.
And imagine the outrage here on ATS if American disgust was then simply laughed off and you were told to behave, it's only entertainment.

And the USA is not unique in providing aid and assistance to other country's.

Further more, to imply that no-one would offer assistance to the USA display's blatant ignorance and disregard for recent history and current events, quite ironically considering the topic of this thread, particularly regarding both Canada and the UK.

I dread to think how the Iraq and Afghanistan War's will be portrayed in the future - but it'll only be the movies so who really cares?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I never stated that no one would provide aid to the U.S. I stated that such aid would not be near the same level.

As far as the...We saved your asses comment...well...We Did. I know this is a sore point as it seems to be brought up alot...but the reality is...what would have been the outcome of WWII if U.S. Bombers and U.S. Troops had not joined the fight?

Also...it is a fact the Great Brittan did not have the resources as far as Minerals and Manufacturing Capabilities to continue the war effort for any real extent of time as even when the U.S. was not at war in 1939 till part of 1941....the U.S. was shipping Millions of Metric Tons of Material to Brittan and the use and creation of the Liberty Cargo Ships cannot be understated.

This next statement is a FACT...if the U.S. had not joined the War Effort....either Germany or the Soviet Union would now be ruling the U.K.

Reguardless...the reality is...this world would be a very depressing place if the U.S. had not been around in the 20th Century.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I never stated that no one would provide aid to the U.S. I stated that such aid would not be near the same level.

Bigger is better, as usual........Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Yet again, in one sentence you manage to piss off the majority of the world - and you'll never understand why will you?

As far as the...We saved your asses comment...well...We Did.

No you didn't.

The USA spent two years playing one side off against the other and made billions upon billions supplying both sides until their hand was forced due to Pearl Harbour and Germany subsequently declaring war on the USA, not the other way round as many believe.

I know this is a sore point

Not at all, it's just wrong.

....the U.S. was shipping Millions of Metric Tons of Material to Brittan and the use and creation of the Liberty Cargo Ships cannot be understated.

Charging extortionate prices and selling outdated equipment.

I stress, I by no means intend to sound disrespectful to the Americans who served in WWII, many of whom made the ultimate sacrifice, nor do I want to downplay the significant role the USA undoubtedly played in defeating the Axis powers, but this has all been discussed to the nth degree in numerous other threads and I don't think it's right to derail this one - either post in one of the existing threads or start your own and I'll gladly have the discussion all over again.

Reguardless...the reality is...this world would be a very depressing place if the U.S. had not been around in the 20th Century.

It would certainly be a far worse place - but that doesn't alter the fact that the world does not revolve around the USA.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

LOL! You are too funny!

If you would know your history....the United States sent envoys...PLEADING with the European Nations to relax the over stringent War Reparations that were imposed upon Germany after WWI. The U.S. let it be known...Loud and Clear to all of Europe....if the Europeans did not relax the amount of reperations...which were causing STARVATION in Germany as well as a complete and total economic freefall...Germany would become an agressor Nation again as it would have nothing to loose.

At the final meeting...which was one of HUNDREDS that U.S. Envoys attended pleading for the Europeans to reason this out...the American Envoy was admonished by Brittan and France more so than any of the other nations as both Brittan and France took the position that the Americans had no right to tell them how to handle War Reparations as they stated the Americans were too young a Nation and far too inexperienced to never mind handle such issues...but that the Americans should not even have been allowed to attend the meetings.

Well...we all know how THAT all turned out! LOL! Thus because Europe allowed Germany to starve...Hitler came to be.

As far as what you state about Brittan or any other European Country being able to fight of the Nazi's without the aid of the U.S....NOW WHO IS REWRITTING HISTORY! LOL! This is a FACT....Without the U.S....Germany and the Soviet Union would have most likely not broken their Agreement as if Hitler only had to deal with Europe and not have to worry about the United States...Stalin would KNOW that the Soviet Union would be at Great Risk since he knew the Nazi's would roll over all of Europe without American Help and then the Nazi's next target would be the Soviet Union...without the worry of American Heavy Bombers destroying all Nazi War Munitions Plants.

Look...without American Bombers...and since Brittan only had the Mosquito and the other good but only medium sized Bomber...as they had ZERO Heavy Bombers...very little in the way of Raw Materials and not sufficient Man Power to defeat Germany on their own....ESPECIALLY if the Soviets were not in the fight...Brittan would have been run over by 1943.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I remember now!

The Medium British Bomber was...

The Lancaster. Good Medium Bomber....just no where near enough or enough payload.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Also...you state that the World does not revolve around the United States.

Well...I think there is a whole lot of people living in countries all around the world in every possible catagory of Work that would disagree with you.

This next statement is not one of pride...it is simply a fact. How the U.S. Economy and Military goes...so does the World...the Countries of the Worlds plans....and the the people who desperately require U.S. Food Aid.

The United States feeds MILLIONS if not perhaps a BILLION every year from U.S. Food Aid. Since the United States can at any moment ramp up Crop Production as U.S. Farmers can grow more food than all the countries of the Wold COMBINED. This is so because of the VAST fertile Midwest Plains as well as High Tech Farming.

U.S. Farmers are so good at growing food that the U.S. Government actually PAYS THEM not to...as too much crop yeild drops the price. Even on a bad year....Millions upon Millions of bags of Wheat, Corn, Barley, Soy...etc..are donated all over the World and if the U.S. for some reason stopped this Aid...there would be Millions of Deaths by Starvation.

As well...the U.S. Economy...being the Worlds Largest....as well as being at an unbelievable ratio in that only 300 million People in the U.S. generate an Economy that has a GNP of $15 Trillion Dollars as apposed to China...the worlds most populous nation with a population close to 2 Billion People even though China reports a population Millions below this number to offset criticism of it's Human Rights issues as well as how it deals with starvation in the rural areas of it's own country...Chinas GNP is $7.2 Trillion.

This means the United States Economy is more than DOUBLE of China's plus China has a population that is OVER SIX TIMES THAT OF THE UNITED STATES....thus the ratio by the number of people in each country has the people of the United States generating 12 TIMES the Productivity of the Chinese Population of 1.8 Billion.

Now just try and say again that the World does not revolve around the United States at least from an Economic, Supply of Food....and I will not even BOTHER to mention the Military aspects of the reality of things.

You should have some respect.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Guess blatant derailing of a thread means little to you.

I'd like to discuss all the things you mention - and the many things you conveniently forgot to reply to - take it to an appropriate thread and we'll talk till the cows come home - but not here - the last few posts are hardly relevant to the OP.

Perhaps you'd like to reply to some of the more relevant points I have raised.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
gee and not one of you even notices the damage done to Native Americans by bull**** from HOllywierd.
MY country tis of the, sweet land of the oblivous..let's go kill the "Red man brown man etc.. MOvies are propaganda tool plain and simple

Those who don't understand that they are propaganda tools are the ones who buy the koolaide and drink it happily

As for me I think of the TRail Of Tears and how our nation has never taken responsibility for GENOCIDE

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Really?

It is a movie, not history!

and just to let you know, since you seem confused..... Homer Simpson is a cartoon character and NOT at real person....Just some FYI

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You mention several instances of US humanitarian aid - which deserve recognition - but imagine the outcry in America if a Canadian / Britsh film portrayed those events as being carried out by them and completely disregarded the facts just to make the film more appealing to their domestic audiences.
And imagine the outrage here on ATS if American disgust was then simply laughed off and you were told to behave, it's only entertainment.

Go ahead. God knows I wont care, because the reality is that the actual history says otherwise which is what is important, not the script of a film made to entertain people.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Based on the mindless vitriol, I'd say we have a serious case of America envy here, again. This is coming from one of the most rigid mind controlled nations on earth, Canada, and perhaps even worse than the UK. You guys are already lapdogs for the UN and any other God hating, leftist globalist organization. You can't wait to destroy all real freedoms, and then you go and accuse Americans for the behavior of their propaganda wing, Hollywood.

Why do this? Hollywood worships you globalists anyway and would even be happier than you if America were destroyed.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
I understand that Canadians are not very happy about being excluded from this film, but it is "film". Hollywood did not just rewrite the history books, no more than they rewrote the events of WW2 with Saving Private Ryan which also did not include the other nations which were present at the invasion of Normandy.

Saving Ryans Privates is a good film, I enjoyed it for it's effects and drama, but it is also one of my favourites to hate on, along with Braveheart, U-571 and Patriot.

On the Normandy point, it is worth pointing out that not only were "other nations present", but other nations (insert British Empire and Commonwealth) actually did the bulk of the fighting. Over 50% of the troops used on D-Day were British/Canadian, every one of the landing craft used (even on Omaha) was British Royal Navy (not US as portrayed in the film), over 50% of the aircraft were British and 90% of all Naval warships were Royal Navy. Not to mention the final battle against the 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich which actually fought British troops, not US troops.

While you guys might think nothing of it to "edit" a story for entertainment and a "target audience", when that film is released globally (in this case, it actually grossed more globally than the US) and is marketed for such an eventuality (in fact, many films these days Premier in the UK, not the US all the time) then when you see these little "edits" it does feel like your taking a big dump on your mates.

It is akin to you telling a story to a bunch of mates about something you and a friend got up too, but then leave out the other mate and tell the story as if you were on your own, while the other guy has to sit there and listen to it. If he should then complain to his buddy that he was left out, he'll be told "oh, it was just artistic license", but in the eyes of the people whom had the story told to them, the other bloke did bugger all whatsoever. That is the problem.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
As far as the...We saved your asses comment...well...We Did. I know this is a sore point as it seems to be brought up alot...but the reality is...what would have been the outcome of WWII if U.S. Bombers and U.S. Troops had not joined the fight?

US Bombers were largely dwarfed in numbers by RAF Bomber command, who did the bulk of the big raids while the USAF stuck to daylight raids and lost loads of planes, but hey, who cares about history right?

Also...it is a fact the Great Brittan did not have the resources as far as Minerals and Manufacturing Capabilities to continue the war effort for any real extent of time as even when the U.S. was not at war in 1939 till part of 1941....the U.S. was shipping Millions of Metric Tons of Material to Brittan and the use and creation of the Liberty Cargo Ships cannot be understated.

Actually, material wise we were fine, it was getting that material to the UK that was the problem, hence the Liberty ships. However, it was hardly benevolent from the US, you charged us through the nose and even tried extortion before you gave aid, not to mention we had to give you guys all our advanced research as well (Tizard mission)

This next statement is a FACT...if the U.S. had not joined the War Effort....either Germany or the Soviet Union would now be ruling the U.K.

It is hardly fact. By the time the US entered the War, any threat of German invasion had gone owing to the Battle of Britain and the Germans were bogged down in Russia, facing an inevitable but bloody defeat, only hastened by Overlord. It is also highly questionable that the Reds would have rolled over the UK either as they lacked the air or naval power to do so. It is good to be an island with the worlds (then) largest Navy.

Again, debatable. Most of the European Empires would have been intact as a result of there being no US-backed UN Charter calling for decolonisation, so it is reasonable to assume the world could have been more stable.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
Go ahead. God knows I wont care, because the reality is that the actual history says otherwise which is what is important, not the script of a film made to entertain people.

You say it's meant to entertain, but we have seen examples in this thread of what happens when this crap is put out there. There have been several posts by Americans claiming they invented the car, the computer, the TV, "we saved your arses in WW1" (this is sooo funny as its total bollocks and displays total ignorance) and of course the old chestnut "we saved you in WW2"....

All of which has come about, at least in part, by American media feeding you guys drivel and people believing it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I remember now!

The Medium British Bomber was...

The Lancaster. Good Medium Bomber....just no where near enough or enough payload.

Split Infinity

Erm, the Lanc was classified as a heavy bomber. And it could carry the Gland Slam bomb, which weight ten tonnes. The B-17 on short-range missions could carry about 8,000 lbs, which comes to around 3.6 tonnes. Bit wimpy methinks...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Based on the mindless vitriol, I'd say we have a serious case of America envy here, again. This is coming from one of the most rigid mind controlled nations on earth, Canada, and perhaps even worse than the UK. You guys are already lapdogs for the UN and any other God hating, leftist globalist organization. You can't wait to destroy all real freedoms, and then you go and accuse Americans for the behavior of their propaganda wing, Hollywood.

Why do this? Hollywood worships you globalists anyway and would even be happier than you if America were destroyed.

Mindless vitriol? What an elegant turn of phrase. Is it considered an ad hominem attack to dismiss your posting in precisely those terms?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join