It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A funny thing about "worst cities" lists: They ALL have ONE THING in Common!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It has been stated by many people for some time now.

Not surprised.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
One thing I noticed is it seems like the majority of all these places are run by democrats.That is why the country is really failing it has become way way way way way way to one sided.Divisive bahavior continues with the left wing media dominating all media but their viewers and ratings are going down the tubes.Conseravtives then dominate the radio talk shows which causes more divisive behavoir.
The left wing has to much power in media and influence the countrys politics and the journalist do not do their jobs to confront them.Which causes the right wing media to get sick and tired and fed up with them.Why you are seeing this Tea Party and Libiterian movement who are sick of the 2 parties fighting and corrupting the country.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

No one wants to answer you sheepslayer... I wonder why? You may have struck a nerve, but rational thinking usually does that.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by sheepslayer247

No one wants to answer you sheepslayer... I wonder why? You may have struck a nerve, but rational thinking usually does that.

Is it any surprise that these partisan fools spouting the political bs don't reply to any indication of rationale or logic?

Seriously, I cannot describe how humorous it is to see republican propaganda. This is one part of why I love ATS.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
I'm from Indiana and Gary, Indiana is always in the top 10 worst cities and used to be labeled the "murder capital of the US" and Indiana is an EXTREMELY conservative state. (Also, my state has some of the most lenient gun laws in the country, so no, that's not a factor either.)
edit on 24-2-2013 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

Cites have there own face and personality....whatever they do out in the countryside.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What an ignorant thread. How exactly are people supposed to respond politely to an ignorant thread when the motto here is supposed to be deny ignorance? So shouldn't threads like this not exist?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Correlation is not cause - the poor are more likely to vote Democrat because they get a better deal under them. The rich are more likely to vote Republican because they think they get a better deal under them.. RABID AUSTRIAN ECONOMICS is not a way to reverse 10 years of REPUBLICAN KEYNESIAN economics (under Bush, since Clinton who paid off the national debt) followed by 5 years of DEMOCRAT KEYNESIAN economics (under Obama)... There is NO QUICK SOLUTION without making things worse (probably much worse, very quickly).

....Unless, unless we can come to some GLOBAL AGREEMENT on a GLOBAL DEBT JUBILEE followed by a New World Order and One World Currency... Unlucky, WE'VE BEEN HAD!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Took me a while but I found the one really important sentence in that wall. They were run by Democrats.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Who writes these worst city reviews anyway? Those one sided polls of certain citizens can be a huge deception. The evidence you showed was for recently replaced democratic leadership so that means now that people aren't satisfied with the city after the republicans took over. Evidence can be evaluated in more than one way based on the desired perception of the person looking at it. Examine your perception first when looking at things and see what you learn.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The only way to fix the government is to fire ALL the people who created the problem. That means that every DEMOCRAT AND REPUBLICAN must go.

We need to elect citizen statesmen who are not obligated to criminal enterprises which control them. Citizen statesmen who love America more than they love power and money. Citizen statesmen who work for the people who elected them, not the corporations and special interests who contributed to their campaigns.

When DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS get elected, they conspire to scam, defraud, and extort money from the American citizen and taxpayer.

One percent of Americans are millionaires. Forty seven percent of Congress are millionaires. Who is being represented?
edit on 2-25-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited for spelling.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I think this is what you call a false equivalency.

If we follow the same line of thinking, what does it say about Republicans when we hear that the the biggest welfare states in the country are Red states?

The game can be played both ways and in the end it serves no real purpose to solve real problems.

It says we need to get rid of REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS. Just getting rid of one or the other is not going to fix the problem.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

The above post addresses that. Second line.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am not a Democrat, but this (OP) may be putting the cart before the horse. Poor regions tend democrat, which explains why a suffering region is under democratic governance. Not necessarily the other way around.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Google "hegelian dialectic". That's all Repubs and Dems are.....two opposing forces to keep the sheeple occupied.

In the meantime, the satanic world drives onward to its God-ordained conclusion.

Today would be a really good day to repent of your sins, and call on the name of the Lord.....because the time is at hand. This world is going down.....

Amen, and amen.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
I am not a Democrat, but this (OP) may be putting the cart before the horse. Poor regions tend democrat, which explains why a suffering region is under democratic governance. Not necessarily the other way around.

Now that is very logical. I'd guess you aren't in politics

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I think this is what you call a false equivalency.

If we follow the same line of thinking, what does it say about Republicans when we hear that the the biggest welfare states in the country are Red states?

The game can be played both ways and in the end it serves no real purpose to solve real problems.

There's a lot more to it than that. Typically larger cities are more liberal, many of the best cities to live in also have democrats running them. Voting maps back this up, large cities tend to be blue while smaller towns and rural areas are red. There's a myriad of reasons proposed for that and none of them are really important. All it means though is that most cities being under democrat control is pretty much standard with the voting habits of large groups of people. The comparison is completely meaningless, partisan hacks don't want to admit it though, they would rather be blinded by ideology.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by roblot

Yeah it's pitiful at best, especially since the correlations of such are clearly dubious. Either way sheepslayer wrote it well, I just find the youth in this country to very deluded and easily composed. I suppose if I start talking real LOUD and waving my BIG stick I may gain a following of idiots too. The blind leading the blind.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

So then you agree with sheep that this thread is absolutely pointless... correct?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Although I absolutely agree with you, a political class system gets us no where, that was not the OPS intention.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

CA (Jerry Brown, (D))
El Centro (Benjamin Solomon (D))
Los Angeles (Antonio Villaragosa (D))
Stockton (Anthony Silva ( R ))
Modesto (Garrad Marsh, (D))
San Bernardino (Pat Morris(D), largest city to file Ch 9 Bkcy.)
Oakland (Jean Quan (D), 3rd in US crime, catered to OWS and gangs)
Vallejo (Osby Davis (D))

IL (Pat Quinn, Democrat - 2 predecessors convicted of corruption)
Chicago (Rahm Emmanuel (D))
Rockford (Larry Morrissey (I))
Waukegan (Robert G. Sabonjian (D))

LA (Bobby Jindal ( R ),
New Orleans (Mitch Landrieu (D), predecessor indicted for corruption, highest murder rate in US.)

MD (Martin O’Malley (D))
Baltimore (Stephanie Blake (D), predecessor convicted of corruption, “on a path to financial ruin”)

MI (Rick Snyder ( R ), predecessor hosted Current TV “War Room” )
Detroit (Dave Bing (D), predecessor convicted of corruption, no taxes paid by majority of owners)
Flint (Dayne Walling (non-partisan))

MO (Jay Nixon (D))
St Louis (Francis Slay (D))

NJ (Chris Christie ( R ), predecessor, Jon Corzine (D) accused of misapplication of customers’ money, theft, corruption, adultery; bankrupted MFGlobal hedge fund)
Atlantic City (Lorenzo Langford (D))
Camden (Dana Redd (D))
Newark (Cory Booker (D)

NY (Andrew Cuomo (D))
New York (Michael Bloomberg, got on ticket as ( R ), formerly/actually (D))

OH (John Kasich ( R ))
Cleveland (Frank Jackson (D))
Toledo (Michael Bell (D))
Youngstown (Charles P. Sammarone (D))

PA (Tom Corbett ( R ))
Philadelphia (Michael Nutter (D))
Scranton (Christopher Doherty (D))

Here are the sources from wich I obtained the lists:

www.coli.org...
www.dailyfinance.com...
www.forbes.com...
newsbusters.org...
www.forbes.com...

I started this inquiry with only a gut feeling; but what I found appears to have borne-out my suspicions.
I still haven't had enough time to see if this holds true over longer periods of time, or even why it holds true at all. I will check to see if academics or peer-reviewed analyses have examined this phenomenon.

]

maybe you could also researech into the density of the free ... Øbama Phones in those cities...juristictions

a $2.5 Billion per year PERK, used to buy those voters (bought by democrats)
funny, back in the '60s a bus would pick up a bunch of us "street people' and for a pack of smokes that a street 'organizer' would give us... we would be whisjed off to a voting poll station

that .50 cent pack has INFLATED to a (estimated) $30 per month cell-phone plan with a freeby phone device ~likely with NSA racking & voice/text recording capabilities~ even for the LowInfo voters that are being targeted by & for the demoncrats

edit on 25-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join