It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member QUOTES (Favs)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
We all enjoy and know a great deal of "famous" quotes from prominent members of society and they are quoted regularly here on ATS...however I would like to spend some time honoring the less "known" or "popular" quotes from the great members here on ATS.

It seems like almost every post in almost every thread there is a simplified comment by a member that sums their opinion up nicely. I think members deserve some credit for these inspiring one(two) liners.

This thread is dedicated to highlight some of your own quotes as well as some quotes of others that you liked during your time here at ATS.

I encourage everyone to post their own quotes and quotes they liked from other members during their time here on ATS.

Please ORIGINAL quotes only...if you can include the post/thread that included the quote you liked from other members that would improve the quality of this thread! If you can't find the post/thread the quote was located in that is fine just make sure you credit the quote appropriately.

I'll kick it off:

***My own quotes:***

"It is a contribution to ignorance that one puts value in the messenger and not the message."
-Albert Einstein

"I once had an original thought, that upon further investigation was reduced to a plagiarism"
-Nothing New Under The Sun

“We all live in a cage, some are just bigger than others.”
-Sly1one

"Before you chose to "believe" something...try and look at it from the fence, not only is it a better view but you won't be making a choice out of ignorance"
– Sly1one

"Reality is an illusion perpetuated by a limited perspective."
–Sly1one

When the process of fighting crime does more damage and harm than the crimes said process is trying to prevent...then the justification for the process is lost.
-Sly1one

"If you you think the problems we cause are bad...wait till you see our "solutions"
-Government

***MEMBER QUOTES:***

“If energy is given to small mind, small mind grows.
If energy is given to big mind, big mind is realized.”

-Aqualung2012

“It's pointless to try injecting reason into this egotistical masturbation fest.”
-watchitburn
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13805495#pid13805495

”Laws are made to be broken, then a new set of laws will be written, only to be broken.
-Wifibrains

“Typically, people calling other people trolls are the trolls themselves...or just idiots.”
-SaturnFX
www.abovetopsecret.com...

” If anyone genuinely cared about equality, they would stop using terms such as 'womens rights' or 'mens rights' or 'minority rights' or whatever. There's only one kind of 'rights': Individual rights”
-CaptainIraq

More of my favorite member quotes come!! I wanted to get this post off the ground and leave some room for others to post their own quotes as well as quotes of other members that they liked.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"People ARE animals, genius. The only difference is, we think we are better than all the other ones while having the same urges."
-BlesUTP

"When you surround yourselves with idiots and elect idiots you get idiotic laws."
-Seabag

"too bad ignorance isn't painful."
-Submarines

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
"fail to prepare, prepare to fail"
so true in all aspects of life
i don't know who said it originally
edit on 22/2/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein

"Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible." - Albert Einstein

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” - Albert Einstein

And the ones in my sig.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Hmm this is very interesting. I've got one I actually wrote down in my journal.

" I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a human being. Truthers, birthers, no planers, liberals, conservatives, hippies, rednecks....who the h*ll is any of those things. It's a stereotype, one you've been handed by people who have vested interest in making sure no one listens to your questions." -twitchy

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by Sly1one

Hmm this is very interesting. I've got one I actually wrote down in my journal.

" I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a human being. Truthers, birthers, no planers, liberals, conservatives, hippies, rednecks....who the h*ll is any of those things. It's a stereotype, one you've been handed by people who have vested interest in making sure no one listens to your questions." -twitchy

thanks for the addition!!

I would really like to see more member generated quotes from the ATS members!

I think you are all valuable in your opinions just as much those famous ones we all appreciate!! They just aren't heard enough!!

So please all continue to post your favorite ATS generate quotes!

As far as my OP Einstein quote...its really my quote but I gave Einstein credit to illustrate the point the quote was addressing.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

" You may be right, the only flaw in your reasoning is that the facts are to obvious to deny"
rockymcgilicutty

"This is obviously some strange usage of the word fact that I wasn't previousaly aware of"
Auther Dent (kind of)

'A pistol is used to fight your way back to your rifle"
howmuch4another
edit on 22-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by Sly1one

" You may be right, the only flaw in your reasoning is that the facts are to obvious to deny"
rockymcgilicutty

"This is obviously some strange usage of the word fact that I wasn't previousaly aware of"
Auther Dent (knid of)

'A pistol is used to fight your way back to your rifle"
howmuch4another

love ALL those ones...great additions to the thread! thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts. "

--Daniel Patrick Moynihan

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"how many wars have iran been in the past 20 years?
how many wars have america been in the past 20 years?
look what happened when good ol' uncle sam invaded iraq. weapons of mass destruction?
dont think so. civillian casualties in the thousands..."

i stated this in this thread here

it was in response to this statement
"Anyone still claiming Iran is a peaceful nation is either ignorant or dishonest IMO."

edit on 22/2/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"The devil dreams on an idle horse."
-randyvs

"Chuck Norris had a bad day once. That's why we now have 7 instead of 8 days in a week."
-beezzer
(don't know if that was done before, but it is my own Chuck Norris meme.)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
"The devil dreams on an idle horse."
-randyvs

"Chuck Norris had a bad day once. That's why we now have 7 instead of 8 days in a week."
-beezzer
(don't know if that was done before, but it is my own Chuck Norris meme.)

lol never heard the Chuck Norris one...thanks for the contribution!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
And this is one reason why ATS needs a private notes section in the member profiles.

I actually replied to someone in a thread that the next time one of these threads came up I was gonna include their post.

Ive now forgotten the post, thread and member

edit on 22/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
And this is one reason why ATS needs a private notes section in the member profiles.

I actually replied to someone in a thread that the next time one of these threads came up I was gonna include their post.

I have several of those...been trying to find them for the past hour or so...I know it was in a threat that I posted in reply to...but that's the problem with having thousands of posts lol...

is there maybe a quote of your own that you would like to add?? I'm sure with over 2k posts there is something short and insightful you could post here!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

I have several of those...been trying to find them for the past hour or so...I know it was in a threat that I posted in reply to...but that's the problem with having thousands of posts lol...

is there maybe a quote of your own that you would like to add?? I'm sure with over 2k posts there is something short and insightful you could post here!!

Hmmmm.....

Insightfuls not really my thing LOL

Im checking my post history now for the quote I mentioned if I find anything Ill post it,

Anyone remember the reply to that guys OP about his relationship history? that was freakin hilarious.
If youve read it you would know what Im talking about

EDIT: HAHA I FOUND IT

OK this is the OP from a thread called "Post your dating history"

The following is my Dating history.
1985-89. The early years-- Dated 4 girls, went to the dance with one, went to school with another. numerous others went with me to the skating ring. Had a fake wedding in the courtyard with Cindy.
1989-1991- High school years-- Dated a gymnist and a counselor.
1991- All grown up.-- Dated 4 girls in the 12th grade. one my full time GF and 3 on the side, weekends. went to the prom with my Full time GF and moved in together.
1992- Just got married era-- Not much activity, but still managed to date 4 girls that year. 1992-1998-The married years. No dating era.
1998-Divorce year--started dating again. dated at least 100 girls(college). Dated a karaoke singer named illiana, we used to sing duets together and we dated for about 2 years. went to the comic con together too. she was a most beautiful girl. Took her to a depeche mode concert in 1999.
1999- Ep1 Era. --Height of my Dating experience. Dated Natalie Portman for 3 days, or some might say a week. depends on how long you think spring break lasts. Well, You know the story.
2000-2005- Peak of my dating era-- [Fullfillment]. Dated over 300 different girls at different times and different places. Mostly, meeting girls at bars and bookstores..or celeb parties. Not to brag or anything.
2005-2006- Dormant era --dated a few, coffee or dinner once in a while. but not too much movement this year, because of work and finances.
2006-2008- The fallout. Dated older woman but managed to stay cool with the younger crowd. Comic con brings back my Mojo in 2008. Dated 3 or 4 cute girls, but nothing like Natalie Portman.

And this was the first reply

The following is my Dating history.
1985 - Took up homosexuality, cross dressing and stalked a Star Wars nut.
1985-89. The early years-- Ipersonated 4 girls, went to the dance with him, went to school with him. Dressed as numerous others went with him to the skating ring. Had a fake wedding in the courtyard with him.
1989-1991- High school years-- Pretended to be a gymnast and a counsellor.
1991- All grown up.-- Dated him 4 times in the 12th grade. Pretended to be his full time GF and 3 on the side, weekends. Went to the prom with him and moved in together.
1992- Just got married era -- Not much activity, but still managed to fool him 4 times that year.
1992-1998-The married years. No dating era.
1998-Divorce year--exhausting. Impersonated at least 100 girls(college). Lived as a karaoke singer named illiana, we used to sing duets together and we dated for about 2 years. went to the comic con together too. Not to blow my own trumpet but I was a most beautiful girl. He took me to a depeche mode concert in 1999.
1999- Ep1 Era. --Height of my faking experience! Pretended to be Natalie Portman for 3 days, or some might say a week. depends on how long you think spring break lasts. Well, You know the story.
2000-2005- Absolutely crazy -- [Fullfillment]. Worked as over 300 different girls at different times and different places. Mostly, meeting him at bars and bookstores..or celeb parties. Not to brag or anything.
2005-2006- Recovery era --dated a few, coffee or dinner once in a while. but not too much movement this year, because of exhaustion.
2006-2008- The fallout. I looked a little older but managed to stay cool with him. Followed him to Comic con brings back my Mojo in 2008. Lived as 3 or 4 cute girls, but to old to fake Natalie Portman again.

Absolute freakin classic

Post your relationship history

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Ha, I remember that thread, that was fun.
Here is another winner from one of my threads.
In addition to being stupid, I also happen to be an EMT- Me

And one of my all time favorites.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid- John Wayne

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
"there they go and I must follow..
For I am their leader....
Unknown

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
"We are Rigel4.... Resistance is futile". rigel4/Borg Drone
"You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come callin'" King Willy of the Jamaican Posse

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Found another one.
Wow, whining about whiners who whine about whiners...... It's like one of those mirrors facing another mirror

By Operation Mindcrime.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

How can I soar like an Eagle whilst I am surrounded by turkeys?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join