It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Tests, Bragg's Liquid Amino's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
First let me explain why i put into the conspiracy forum, because the nature of health is hypothetical and rarely do i find many sources credible.

Im going to touch a few subjects here so you have full spectrum analysis based on my last thread here.

I will be covering my diet, my workout and training schedule as well as my work schedule. Finally i will include information and sources on what amino acids are and what they are suppose to do for you. Tune back into the thread in 14 days from todays date to see my first posted results.

First lets start with diet.

Diet-

Breakfast - Oatmeal, kombucha tea, flax oil supplement, and yogurt. All this is portion sized according to the labeling information.

Snack/ Lunch - For a snack typically i choose to go with some dried apricots, or some fresh bananas, maybe a hand full of almonds or trail mix. Also i choose to supplement my vit-c and minerals during lunch typically.

Snack/ Dinner - For a snack before dinner again i go with trail mix. For dinner i like to eat a fish, or chicken, baked or boiled. I like to spice things up for dinner with some hot sauce and garlic usually. Before bed at night after training i usually eat a handful of almonds so its easier to sleep. I also supplement meletonin and valerian root as a sleep aid because i dont finish training till about 9:30.

----------

Sleep Cycle
Next, work and sleep cycles. I work 4 10 hour shifts. I get up at 5:20 to go to work and work from 6 to 4:30. I go to bed as early as possible after training which tends to be at about 10 so think 10-11 - 5:20 for average weekly sleep cycle and little deviation during the weekends. I do this monday through thursday.

----------

Training -

Monday -
3 mile run
20 minutes jump rope
20 minutes shadow boxing
10 rounds heavy bag/ or sparring
chest and back weight routine

Teusday -
20 minutes jump rope
20 minutes shadow boxing
10 rounds bag/ sparring
ab and leg conditioning training

Wensday
3 mile run
20 minutes jump rope
20 minutes shadow boxing
10 round bag/sparring
heavy weight lifting leg routine
upper body conditioning

Thursday -
20 minutes jump rope
20 minutes shadow boxing
10 rounds bag/ sparring
explosive weight training followed by full body coniditioning(crossfit)

Friday
3 mile run
ab and core workout

Saturday -
20 minutes jump rope
20 minutes shadow boxing
10 rounds bag/ sparring
explosive weight training followed by full body coniditioning(crossfit)

Ok, now you know my sleep cycles, diet and exercise. I included this in todays thread due to the nature of the request in my previous thread regarding health and diet testing. It is truly relevant to your health plans to know what your doing as far sleep, diet, and exercise plans go. Now for the amino acid tests.

I'm going to use Bragg's Liquid Amino for this test for a period of 30 days. I'm going to supplement them in the morning BEFORE i eat. I will continue this test for the first 14 days before i post liquid results. I should see the results of this in my training recovery time and overall energy efficiency during the day. I should also expect results in my metobolic rate which will probably stand out the most, next to my recovery time. Below are other reported positive affects of amino's.....

From... Source...

For example, they are utilized to make enzymes that support biochemical reactions, and hormones that influence the body’s metabolism. They are also utilized to make hemoglobin that carries oxygen through the body, and antibodies that are infection fighters that help the immune system.

Amino acids even have a role in repairing muscles, ligaments, tendons, organs, glands, nails, and hair.

Moreover, some amino acids act as neurotransmitters, chemicals that play a crucial role in transmitting messages within the neurons of the brain, while others are involved in detoxification reactions and metabolic functions.

Here is some info on amino acids....

Amino acids are the chemical units that make up proteins, as they are famously called the “building blocks” of protein.

Amino acids combine with nitrogen and form thousands of different proteins. However, they are not only the chemical units from which proteins are formed, but are also the end products of protein digestion.

Proteins provide structure for all living things, from the largest animal to the tiniest microbe and, as such, in its various forms, protein participates in the vital chemical processes that sustain life.

In the human body, proteins are a necessary part of every living cell and next to water, proteins make up the greatest portion of our body weight. The body breaks these proteins down into their constituent parts, and then our cells use these to build the specific types of protein each of them needs.

Please feel free to post suggestions if you have. Also please feel free to post your own experience and results as im interested.

Thanks for reading!
edit on 22-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Throw in an extra banana for breakfast and some fresh superfruits such as Goji or Acai and you'll feel on top of the world with a diet like that

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I use Bragg's Liquid aminos in my cooking, they make a perfect substitute for soy sauce or any other salt. My whole family loves the flavor (which is slightly different than soy sauce) so I use it quite a bit. I can imagine it might be hard to use it as a supplement though because of the salt. It would however go great with your chicken and fish at dinner. I don't put it on until the cooking is done though so I don't kill any of the goodness.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

A lot of things are hard to supplement with. Ill probably mix it in with something i dont cook or just drink in some water.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I cant find any definite answers on supplementing with it.

What im trying to do is get enough aminos in my diet while eating low carb and without supplementing protein. I dont want to gain weight.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

It tastes great, just trade it out for the salt in your diet, and season liberally when you cook.
I have young kids to feed and it is one of those great sneaky ingredients, like the powdered flax seed that I cook with. If you have never tried it, imagine eating a spoonful of soysauce, it might be pretty nasty on it's own.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I literally tried a spoonful of it for the first time just to see.

Horrible. Next time it goes into or onto something.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Hi this is my first comment here so let me know if I am out of place. I don't trust the braggs product line for two reasons. One is the father of the company was a proven charlatan with a completely made up backstory. Second the braggs amino acids is the same as tamari except it is made through an industrial chemical process rather than natural fermentation like tamari. They both have the same amino acid composition just one is natural and one is industrial and very secretive. Because if people knew they wouldnt buy it.

new topics

top topics

join