It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, you think an Island 2000km away from any continent is "paradise"? MUST SEE VIDEO

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have some trouble believing this is for real, just because it's too over-the-top. Guy COULD have put plastic rubble in the corpses, but who knows this can be for real too...

The "plastic islands" are for real, no matter what, and that's been the cause of death for several sea-based species of animals.

For decades, people and especially industries have been treating the sea and other water bodies like huge garbage dumps...

We really have been a bunch of IDIOTS, and it's time to grow up. Be accountable for what we do is not going gong-ho for carbon footprints or whatever. It's just cleaning our own mess!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
if you cant even watch a video that's not even 4 minutes long you have A.D.D.

On a second note. Seagulls are probably the most annoying, waste of space, animal on the planet.

No you are wrong. You are thinking of humans.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The planet is gonna get all karma with our asses soon because we have been poisening the planet for too long. Payback is coming and society deserves it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
This makes me sick. One of these days planet Earth is gonna shake us all off like fleas. I would start with banning plasitc bottles for one, most of all plastic water bottles. What a complete waste of natural resources.

When I grew up, there were no plastic bottles, let alone plastic water bottles. You got the little ones, they are the biggest joke. I take like 3 gulps and it's gone, and you just throw it away? Well, I don't but many do. Then you got the bottle caps too to deal with as well. Atleast glass sinks, not that it solves the problem of trashing and raping the environment.

A simple solution, buy your own personal water bottle and they can put water machines, like they already have, wherever they want to sell water, and you fill yours up. Go to the grocery store, fill your big bottle. Want a small one on the way to work, fill it at the gas station's mini mart's water machine. Put them any place that would normally sell bottled water. You got the space, cause the cooler will be empty.

Does anyone have any idea how many of these bottles are thrown out in just one single day? This is stupidity at it's finest, and it's all about greed. We are sucking this Planet dry, and there is no logical reason for such wastefulness.

If they are even around, future people will look back at are selfish, Irresponsible gluttony with utter digust. ~$heopleNation

Isn't it something like enough water bottles to stretch around the world end to end like 3 times or something silly like that?

edit on 22-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: typo

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ok. So your are personally not going to buy anything that has a bottle top or packaging made of plastic?

I bet not.

What is your message, because you come to no conclusion yet will use all the stuff seen today and every other day

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Actually, that's just a few dead birds..

But this IS disturbing.....if anyone has the guts to watch the whole thing and still say they live in a civilized world.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-2-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Our oceans are becoming dumping grounds that many people are oblivious to.
reply to post by Sublimecraft

May I gently correct one word in your sentence above? If you remove the word "becoming", your statement is absolutely correct.
In fact, when I was a child, almost seven decades ago, I used to go fishing for Blue Fish off the New Jersey coast on a party boat. The boats all traveled out to the "Acid Grounds". This was an area that the barges used to travel to, to dump all the acid and alkaline waste in. The water was absolutely deep brown from the waste. For some reason, the blue fish seemed to like that area, and that was where the party boats stopped to fish. The catches were fantastic, but even as a young boy of 12, I knew that there was no way we should eat the fish. As a result, I would throw them back, after catching them. To me, the fun was catching the fish, which frequently ran to about 20 pounds. Blue fish fight harder for their weight than any fish, and it would frequently take 10 to 20 minutes to land one. People on the boat thought I was a dumb kid, throwing them back, but I'm still here, and I don't know how many of those who ate their catches still are.
Anyway, dumping industrial waste into the ocean has been going on as long as their were ships, I imagine.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
[
edit on 22-2-2013 by ProfEmeritus because: double post

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have been offshore and personally seen Cruise ships from Carnival dumping the ships garbage into the sea outside the 200 mile exclusion zone.

You could start by writing a letter to the cruise companies and letting them know you wont be signing up any time soon for a cruise because of the way they dump garbage at sea.

I see more and more bio degradable plastics coming online, hopefully it helps.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

So are humans. What else do we do but live selfish lives and ruin the planet, at least the seagulls don't do that. Humans are the waste if space here, because they think all the space is for them like an annoying roommate.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not sure about any other's here on ATS ,
but to me , if a video of stuff like this can't get a point across
to someone like you and your kind of response to
man's horrific pollution of Earth ( what is left anyway )
then a million pictures and a million words will never have a chance of getting half
of the point across.
Why not just go back to sleep and skip these kinds of hard to understand post. Oh wait, you are asleep.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
To put things in perspective, pollution is a very small portion of the debris floating out there. Most of it got there from either weather or tsunami's.

I say we shouldn't be living so close to the shore.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If ATS members understood that most of the diseases which will ultimately kill you and your family are caused by man-made poisoning of our Earth, food-chain, etc.., you wouldn't be overly concerned about what we're doing to birds, fish, etc..
-cwm

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutnshoot84
reply to post by boncho

Not sure about any other's here on ATS ,
but to me , if a video of stuff like this can't get a point across
to someone like you and your kind of response to
man's horrific pollution of Earth ( what is left anyway )
then a million pictures and a million words will never have a chance of getting half
of the point across.
Why not just go back to sleep and skip these kinds of hard to understand post. Oh wait, you are asleep.

Did you read the study done on the different Albatross species?

Since you're "awake" and all....

You could start by reading my post here.
edit on 23-2-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I really wish people would wake up and realize what we're doing to the world.

Everyone's preoccupied with technology, Facebook, reality TV / Hollywood, etc...

I don't understand.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
Sorry but this type of video and the reactions to it are so cliched & it won't make your average person from changing their habits. Petroleum based plastics are a scourge and we really need to be looking at alternative methods of creating plastics. It's time to look at hemp oil as an alternative as it's easily reproduced & biodegradable.
Onto the video itself. I'm sorry but seagulls are dumb scavengers that eat anything, you wouldn't find a puffin or other type of sea bird eating plastic. Seagulls are aggressive as well and often drive other sea birds away, I live in a city on the coast and these birds are nightmare, they steal food out of peoples hands, I've been stalked walking along with a burger. There's even a video on youtube of a seagull that frequents a shop in my city and it steals packets of crisps regularly. They also attack you when you are walking down the road if you are in the vicinity of their nests.
I hate them with a passion, horrible creatures that only exist to eat and breed.

horrible creatures that only exist to eat and breed.

That describes humans

The birds in the movie are not seagulls.

Laysan Albatross, Diomedea immutabilis Popularly called the Gooney bird, pairs mate for life and can build elaborate mound-like nests to which they return each year. The typical bird stands about 18" tall, weighs about 5½ pounds and has about a 7 foot wing span.

www.ztac.net...
edit on 23-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RainDownOnMe23

Your avatar explains it all my friend.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting,this video makes me feel sick to be a human.i wish I was a billionaire or something just so I could try and help in someway.im gonna feel bad all day now.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting,this video makes me feel sick to be a human.i wish I was a billionaire or something just so I could try and help in someway.im gonna feel bad all day now.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join