It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disarming American Vets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

I honestly don't have any answers. One thing I will advise is to stay away from ambien. My insomnia is so bad that I can take two ambien and still stay awake. It turns me into a zombie though. I would look into alternative methods that are a no no to talk about on this site. Natural things are all I will try anymore. I have for the most part grown to live with it. If I get 5 hours I am good to go but that is a stretch most nights.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
here's the truth...if you are interested in the "nuts and bolts" about how this works....
I'm a Texas vet and the boys here are all up for it......but we will have to submit....it's in the Scripture....the evil one will make all submit with get this......not paraphrasing......"SORCERY"....peace....out

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If you are getting any sort of government money and are found mentally incapable of handling it, you can choose a payee (family member) or a social worker to give your money to you. It's nothing new.

edit on 21-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
We need to take care of our vets..

Why ever trust the government?

Funny that most can agree that the government can't, won't take care of our heroes but many have entrusted their healthcare to the selfsame government!
edit on 22-2-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The Vets were trained to use the weapons and equipment, they need to put them all to good use while they have the opportunity...every day they sit and wait for their undoing is one more wasted day.

These Veterans took an oath to protect the constitution, they are all in violation of their oath and it should be considered treason

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Scary stuff indeed.

Seems to me that attempting to disarm so many vets who are heroes in the eyes of many could be a spark towards the Civil War that many believe is around the corner.

Couldn't be an easier way to start it and use it to justify the military in the streets to keep order. Then we have the DHS and a billion hollow points ready to gear up, the military has already been practicing for this in drills all over the Country, drones are up and ready...Martial Law.

This is getting real when looking at everything. And now to attempt the disarming of so many vets that would actually stand to protect their neighbors.

Trigger?

Peace

edit on 22-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Virole

son of a bitch......

I never would have thought this 10 years ago, but as president he is FAR worse than Bush.....that says allot.

What a scum bag thing to do. Illegal and immoral......

what an awful president he has turned out to be. Just terrible.....I cant wait for this traitor to be out of office. He is a threat to the US.

How do his military advisers tolerate this enemy of state? I would support a military cue against him.

EDIT:
I will never risk supporting a democrat ever in my life after him. At least republicans have certain standards. I will NEVER be too far left from center from now on. This administration did that......and there are many more of us that feel the same way.

edit on 22-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Time to inventory those closets vets it's getting close now...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
What are you guys waiting for ??

To be labelled potential terrorists?
To have drones flying over your house?
To pay 40% taxes?
To be forced to pay for 20,000,000 milliion newly amnestied illegal's healthcare?
To pay $5 a gallon for gas while at least $0.80 per gallon is taxed?
To have a $200 dollar speeding ticket dropped in your mailbox?
To finally own a piece of land and have it taken away because you didn't pay your annual tea tax?
To be droned because some suit suspected you of terrorism?
To have each of your emails catalogued by the government?
And on and on...

I say this with the sincerest respect for the United States military, you have failed in protecting the United States of America.
edit on 22-2-2013 by ironguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I feel that the war on Veterans in the USA is just the tip of the iceberg.

I also believe that there was a near coupe attempt not long ago and the Obama admin got rid of brass that may have been involved in it.

I feel it may start to get sticky in the USA soon.

I hope I am wrong on all accounts.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well I'm a Vietnam Vet first off. I served as a Doorgunner in a 'Slick' and had been in several 'hot zones and rescues'. Our mission was to fly chase, and recover any aircraft that was downed. but primarily B52 Bombers.

It was always 'just another day'. And good or crappy depending on the weather. We spent 'most' of our time at distant Fire Bases landing zones in readiness for rescue missions. There were a few, I could count on both hands, but that was not really too bad a count.

Many Vets these days are filing for an assortment of benefits, most Agent Orange related. And despite the general publics assessment or opinion as to weather these were real, it has been established as 'Presumptive' by the VA/government that in fact there are many casualties Post Vietnam who suffer Real medical problems from the Agent Orange. A couple are diabetes and prostrate cancer, along with various neuropathy issues. These are real, and it has been established to be causal from the Dioxins used in the defoliants. This was a deliberate poisoning of anyone who stepped foot on Vietnam. It was nearly everywhere.

But it has become monetarily beneficial to 'some' to file for benefits who exhibit no anomalies or medical issues simply to receive benefits as a source of income. And as with any government entitlement, there are many who abuse the system. PTSD is in vogue right now as a reason for claims, for those who can not claim diabetes or prostrate cancer, a sidestep as it were to still arrive at a determination consistent with the requirements to receive VA benefits on a monthly basis. However, few know that PTSD will render one in that gray zone where one can not own firearms by virtue of being unsound. Still some will trade the $ benefits for their ability to possess firearms. The value..? about $3-400 a month in PTSD benefits. + or - depending on what other disabilities one can claim. One can receive upwards of $2,000 total for 100% disability. Not a bad income for doing nothing. The catch...... if you were pretending to have PTSD, by the time they get done treating you for it, you will be crazed, due to all the drugs you will be prescribed and made to take. Make no mistake, they will scramble you.

As for me...... I claim nothing, however I do use the VA clinic once a month for blood work as a coumadin patient. For that I'm grateful. And it's not free, I pay a co-pay for the meds.

I believe with 0bamacare and the required payment that will be exacted from every US citizen, that the VA overlaps the requirements and that VA care recipients will be covered , and not be required to buy 0bamacare. And that is again, fortunate for us. But I expect 0bama will try to carve out a payment plan for vets too.

Bottom line for VETS, don't let them disarm you by buying into their system. And that by and large, Most Vets are NOT impaired in any way, so this plan to disarm them is just another planned grab at disarming America. And that most Vets, young and old will come to the aid of defending the American Constitution. And thats as it should be. They are PATRIOTS first and Foremost.......

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
in an psychic and mentally way seen... vets are weapons thereself......an very unstable factor...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironguy
What are you guys waiting for ??

To be labelled potential terrorists?
To have drones flying over your house?
To pay 40% taxes?
To be forced to pay for 20,000,000 milliion newly amnestied illegal's healthcare?
To pay $5 a gallon for gas while at least $0.80 per gallon is taxed?
To have a $200 dollar speeding ticket dropped in your mailbox?
To finally own a piece of land and have it taken away because you didn't pay your annual tea tax?
To be droned because some suit suspected you of terrorism?
To have each of your emails catalogued by the government?
And on and on...

I say this with the sincerest respect for the United States military, you have failed in protecting the United States of America.
edit on 22-2-2013 by ironguy because: (no reason given)

I agree with your statements minus he last. The average enlisted man does not make policy and is crushed when they complain.

I will say that I have a solution, stop enlisting people!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Virole

Disarming American Vets

redflagnews.com

How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that [bla bla bla snip] the government says [snipe] you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs?

I would refer them to their own mess.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My husband is also a retire veteran, he have not received any letters yet

But I remember a while back when the first returning vets were coming back from Iraq, that due to the Gulf war syndrome and post dramatic injuries the government under the Bush administration put money aside for centers in major hospital to treat vets with mental illnesses related to the war.

Back then the conspiracy was that the government was encouraging "every vet" to get screened to make sure that they would get the best treatment availablebut we warned that this was nothing but a fishing tactic to get as many vets names in a list to take away later their rights to guns.

Yes, back then this was already been talk about and debated, I guess now is becoming a reality.

Seems that if you receiving any treatment in any of the centers that the government set up for vets you name will be already in the system with all the medications you have taken for your mental stress.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is the provision that specify that the VA cannot be a factor for gun ownership:

As a Vet myself, I know my rights and this is why this article is nothing more than fear-mongering.

VA can't prohibit your rights to own guns, so stop this nonsense.

sirric
edit on 22/2/13 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
in an psychic and mentally way seen... vets are weapons thereself......an very unstable factor...

Likewise that could be said of anyone witnessing a dog getting run over, or seeing a horrible car wreak, or having played a warlike video game. Our soldiers show and display the most discipline of any defense organization of any generation there has ever been.

Would you also say police fall into your perceived category?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Guys, I'm an acupuncturist currently treating 3 vets. all three have PTSD, and one has TBI.
Before treatments they were sleeping between 3 to 5 hours, and to one in particular the PTSD was so bad, (He is a Nam Vet) he didn't want leave his house, only to come and get treatments.

The Nam vet is on his 37 treatment, and he just returned from a healing trip to Nam, he is actually marring a local there. he still has episodes, but not as bad or as often as before. He is sleeping between 6-7 hours, but waking up relax, and with energy.

the other two vets, are in their 20's treatment and they have improved consistently on every treatment.
One went from 3 hours to sleep to 6, and a decrease of PTSD symptoms, and the other went from 5 to 6 (not much improvement but results varies) although he is extremely happy regarding his PTSD symptoms...

So my recommendation is to reach out to your local acupuncturist and get a few treatments to see how you react...

Quick note, regardless of the points protocol the acupuncturist decide to use, make sure he/she uses the following points they have worked perfectly with all 3.

1- Yin Tang
2- Du20
3- Du24
4- Anmian
5- HT7

hope this helps...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I know a LOT of vets. Not one has recieved a letter. I also have a relative who works at the local VA and she has not heard of such thing either. In fact, no where else on the internet does it mention anything like this. I have a big problem with this story. I think it is nothing more than fear mongering, and trying to get vets all upset over something this serious when it is nothing more than a lie is, in my opinion, just as bad as this letter would be if it were true.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by yuniorsan

I've wanted to try accupuncture for some time now but the VA will not cover it and I just can't afford it on my own. That is another problem with the VA system right now. They are only open to conventional methods which include the use of big pharma. If you truly are helping your patients I urge you to write to the VA and explain them the situation. I have been encouraged by many to try it but the cheapest I have found for a session was over $100 and that is just too much. The VA is not open to alternative methods and will treat you like rubbish if you express an interest in those methods.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join