It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunder snow in kc [UPDATED]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Gashland/Gladstone for the most part. I still have a half interest in the house in Gladstone where I grew up after the age of six. I refer to Gladstone as the Raytown of Clay County.

Oh, how about another KC metro joke? What's the difference between Olathe and yogurt?

Yogurt has live culture.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
wow were gonna get another one monday that might be worse..

I havnt even finished shoveling my driveway wtf...

Im goin to sears tomorrow and getting a snow plow blade for my riding lawnmower

edit on 23-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Yeah ... good plan!

I was talking to my mom the other day about it (she loves snow!) and she told me she'd made a snow angel - regardless of how her neighbors would feel seeing her acting like a kid...
She's so funny!!

Anyway, I told her I had not, but was reminded of sledding, tobogganing, skiing and tubing...and how fun it was. Later I went out to do my "shift" on our 40-foot driveway, husband had done the first swipe - a wheel-wide path to the street. No city plow had come by (and didn't all day long).

While I was out there, a guy on an ATV with a plowblade rolled past my house. I was standing huffing and puffing and he glanced over and nodded "hello" and I waved at him. A few minutes later, he came back ... gestured "you want help?" and I nodded. I asked what he charges, and he said, "Whatever you think it was worth when I'm done." I stepped inside and told husband, who promptly dug $50 out of the household stash. The guy did the rest of our driveway, and the street as far as two houses down!, making sure he wasn't leaving "rolls" behind the neighbors' already-shoveled driveways.

It was a Godsend. So I went back in and called my mom, and said, "Well, turns out I did make a snow angel! He was on an ATV with a blade, and arrived just in time!"

I like the way we roll in the neighborhood. We know our neighbors and we get out there and trade goods and services with each other. Excellent community self-sufficiency.

edit on 24-2-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
ACK!!!
Here it is again!!

Hope you stay safe, goou, and Laz (where you are)!
Vinter Vonderland!!!!

I just texted my bro and my kids' dad - "This SO reminds me of Summit County!" (for you all = Breckenridge/Keystone, ca. 1983-86...yeah...we all three lived there. This was nuthin but normal.
)
edit on 25-2-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Just now again....thundersnow!!!
wow.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Just now again....thundersnow!!!
wow.

I know right twice in one week... really starting to come down now

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yesterday as it first hit:

same view this morning:

out the backdoor: our patio furniture, the gate, the ladder

other part of yard:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.kctv5.com...

By early Tuesday, local energy provider KCP&L reported more than 40,000 power outages in the Kansas City area. Westar Energy is responding to about 3,400 outages in Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth and Douglas counties in Kansas. Kansas City Board of Public Utilities is reporting about 9,000 people without power.

Check out the article for more vids, pics, etc.
Wow.

Just....WOW.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here we go again!!!
My "snow angel" just rolled up (took 5 tries on the ATV just to get from the corner to the driveway!) and started plowing us out!!
Yay. It's BEAUTIFUL outside - not that cold, huge fat flakes.....silent as can be.

Spectacular.
Awesome experience.
I hope no one dies.

edit on 26-2-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join