It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Russian Meteorite shot down by the cauldrons?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I just saw a video on youtube that supposes to show an object striking the meteor that exploded over russia last week. I'm not a video editing expert, so it might have been faked.

It struck a cord with me because i'd ran across a thread about legends in the Siberian "Valley of Death" about strange metal domes that had been sporadically reported since the 1800's, and are referred to in some of the local tribes legends. Link to the orignal article is here.

Some of the legends talk about balls of fire rising up into the air and intercepting falling balls of fire. Here is an interesting article that talks about some of the legends.link

Some russian UFO enthusiasts even think that these cauldrons are an ancient civilizations automated defense weapon that is intended to prevent extinction level impacts from meteors (some think that the tunguska event from 1908 was one such interception).

I've been thinking about this all day and I thought i'd post something, since these "Iron cauldrons" have fascinated me since I first read about them.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
of course right after I post the video the youtube user takes it down...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
A fascinating subject OP -

Link to a great thread about it

The most recent expedition claims they have found "metal" structures....

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Slanter

Is this the video you where/are talking about?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
My thought exactly!

There is an interesting article by dr. Uvarow on Biblioteca Pleyades with the same line of thought.

Not so long time ago I have seen an interesting russian documentary proposing an idea that there was once great civilization linked to Agharta and those "mystical cauldrons" are the remains of once fought battle between them and some enemy from the space. Some of those weapons were still active and took part in the destruction of the Tunguska meteor or as some suggest a spacecraft of some sort.
Before the actual tunguska event there were noted tremors which were signs of the old system " waking up"
Apparently, similar tremors were noticed before meteorite was destroyed in siberian sky last week...

Thew hole story reminds me about Star Gate episodes about remains of the ancient civilization in antarctica and their chair based weapon system

Is it anything of it real?
Who knows, we are still in infant stage of discovering our ancient past...
But it is good story for sure
)

edit on 21-2-2013 by jazzgul because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2013 by jazzgul because: I'm trying to find that russian documentary on the net, but I'm afraid it might be inly in its original language....

edit on 21-2-2013 by jazzgul because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Very intriguing indeed! True or not the story is fascinating, the question is if anyone will ever try to dig up these cauldrons. To me it sounds as if the reason people get ill when being around them a possibility is that it is radioactive? I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, good call!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have been thining about this since the meteor exploded over russia, good call op, I have been fascinated by this subject since I first heard about it a few years ago, as an explanation for Tunguska.

I will be back to see more later op, s n f

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Slanter

Your video is not working!

Its funny because I watched an interview with Valery Uvarov a few years ago and when I heard about these meteorites I thought to myself "I wonder if we are going to get to see these terminater spheres in action!"

Go to 0:35.50 in the video below and you can hear more about them

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hopefully this is your video,

There are similar from other angles, but still look like a lens flare.

This one indicates a different 'target' or flare.

edit on 21-2-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

This is interesting in the last segment,

You need to make your own mind up about it.

edit on 21-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yea, that first one is the one I was referring to... where it looks like something intercepts the meteor from the rear and explodes out the front. It could be lens flare, but at the same time it looks an awful lot like something punching through the meteor from the back.

The video does look like lense flare though. Its too bad nobody caught this on infrared.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here is another video showing it as well:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
son of a gun

That's no lens flare something hit it for sure

I'll be damned

Now the question is what?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slanter
reply to post by smurfy

Yea, that first one is the one I was referring to... where it looks like something intercepts the meteor from the rear and explodes out the front. It could be lens flare, but at the same time it looks an awful lot like something punching through the meteor from the back.

The video does look like lense flare though. Its too bad nobody caught this on infrared.

Yes, the thing is though, the first video is from a moving car which on a bend to the right, so the effect could simply be from the windscreen that had horizontal streaks on it, and the streaks themselves just caught the bright light, and plus the more than likelihood of a lens flare as well. I'm not even sure if this is from a dashcam, as the obvious dark dirt marks on the windscreen are panned over. There's a lot going on in that video.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
son of a gun

That's no lens flare something hit it for sure

I'll be damned

Now the question is what?

Not necessarily, the camera is panning across to the left as you see what looks like something coming in from the left, any lateral streaks on the windscreen that could catch the brightness, would look like something in acceleration across from left to right.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Slanter

I find it highly unlikely that even a relatively advanced civilization would still have functional automated defense systems of the caliber suggested after possibly tens of thousands, or even millions of years, with NO maintenance.

If it was being maintained, sure, whatever, could be. But I doubt theres anyone there, and after thousands, let alone millions, of years, metals corrode, lubricants harden/evaporate, power sources deplete, gamma rays strike bits in computer memory and flip the bits, corrupting the programs, nuclear materials decay and become inert, etc.

edit on 2/21/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I thought when I first looked at the video that morning before anyone noticed the possible object going through the meteorite that it was an explosion , first thought it must have just broke up but even then it seemed odd with the dual plumes etc. Seems to be very coincidental that it all happened at that moment.....

I don't think it was the Cauldrons, could have been military and that was where they intercepted it at or some black ops craft.
edit on 21-2-2013 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

That's using logic based from experience of HUMAN machinery ?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I was actually going to start a thread on this, as I too had thought of that story as soon as I started to hear about the Russian fireball.

I'll add what I can later but I wanted to tag on.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It wasn't faked, it was Santa

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I agree that having an automated, unattended weapon platform exist for thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands of years unlikely, but the idea really entertains me. I'm what I like to refer to as a "Optimistic realist," I'm afraid that the world is just as humdrum and unsurprising as it seems to be, but I really hope it isn't. As much evidence points to us being the pinnacle of human civilization, considering it only took about 10,000 years to go from tying stones to the end of stick to being able to destroy the world, the fact that Homo Sapiens has been around for 250,000 years, and hominids with similar brain sizes have been around for over 2,000,000 years makes me think there is at least the possibility of our race, or even another race, could have developed advanced society and technology as some point in that incredibly wide window.

Also, one of the constants of technology is that dependability is constantly increasing as technology develops (as long as "planned obsolescence" doesn't enter the picture). Just because we don't have ways of making something last thousands of years doesn't mean it isn't possible. If it was aliens (and i'm not sure if I think it was... not in the "From another planet/star system" sort of aliens) the sheer distances between even the nearest star systems would demand an incredible amount of dependability.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join