It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Russian Meteorite shot down by the cauldrons?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ha ha ha ha, Ha ha ha............ good one, means your paying attention and well read... Now I'll go back and read your post. Just seeing the title caught my attention as someone who is keen on a lot of topics and able to link topics of familiarity.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfric
Very intriguing indeed! True or not the story is fascinating, the question is if anyone will ever try to dig up these cauldrons. To me it sounds as if the reason people get ill when being around them a possibility is that it is radioactive? I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, good call!

One would certainly think that the Russian Government would have explored the possibility since it is in their own back yard, And the possible military applications.
And were they to find something of this nature, it's likely they would keep it hidden. Perhaps it's why our Star Wars missile defense complex has not appeared to have had the desired effect or threat to them as we expected.

Hoax or wives tale or legend, it seems the story would give pause, noting the descriptions that the native population had said they experienced, ie. suspected signs of radiation poisoning. Curious indeed.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Some of the videos regarding the cauldrons indicate that the marshy sites where they tapped a pole under the murky waters in certain places and declared to have hit something metallic sounding is where the researchers believe they exist, now submerged. The videos also state that folks had heard some rumblings prior to the actual entry into our atmosphere and impact. (I am not sure of hours/days prior to this event that sounds/vibrations were detected).
It would be awesome if somebody in Russia takes task to do a video flyover of the locations to see if the cauldrons have, indeed, resurfaced and are still exposed or if there is any trace of surface disruption such as overturned marshland in a circular pattern where these domes may be buried.

That would certainly either prove, give credence to, or debunk their involvement in this event.

As for the question of whether these things could remain active for thousands of years, well, if they are just the tip of an underground alien establishment, maintenance may not have been an issue.
We'll leave that for another thread someday.
edit on 22-2-2013 by evc1shop because: clarity

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I also read about the cauldron's and the legend amongst the indigenous tribe's of the area that there was a battle and the cauldron's were weapon's of some kind, a guy who went on expedition suffered unexplained sickness as did the crew who were also with him to document the expedition,. It is possible but then it may also be a cold war relic of some sort, the structure's are described more like part of something submerged than actuall cauldron's, it soese beg the question if you know the in's and out's of the tunguska event and the object's change of course could this have been an earlier activation of the same structure.
edit on 22-2-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
BS!!!!

It would shoot at our astronauts re entering our atmosphere if it was some ancient defence system

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Only if it didn't have the intelligence running it to discern threat level. If it is possible alien technology we are discussing, who's to say it couldn't calculate impact threat based on speed and angle of entry with no detectable element of controlled flight. Otherwise, yeah, BS, those Migs would've been toasted.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I could imagine that system sophisticated enough to destroy incoming meteors would be as well able to recognize what is potential danger and what is not...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Slanter

It's funny you would post this thread. When I first heard about the Russian impact this was going through my mind. I asked if the story of the cauldrons were true then why didn't thy destroy it before impact?

I guess everybody has their opinion on this story.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

star for beating me to the minute

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Maybe there never were astronauts re-entering our atmosphere

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Slanter

I have always been interested in the cauldrons of Russia. I saw a documentary or something I guess that could be called one once where a team was sent to investigate them. One of the crew got sick while camping over a supposed cauldron so they went home the next day.

It was completely anticlimactic. Me,? I would have taken a shovel until I found it.

They just camped over a supposed sunken one.

If they do exist they seem to rise and sink. Like an AA battery within a concealed fortification would.

edit on 22-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snaffers

Maybe there never were astronauts re-entering our atmosphere

Now cut that out! I have watched shuttle launches and returns, we send stuff up all the time and never brought stuff down over Siberia.

Oooooh now you got me wondering about shuttle "accidents" and Cauldrons in Texas... nice...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hello guys and gals!

I am not sure if it has been pointed out on other threads, but I noticed something that explains what we see in the video.

As you watch the meteor as it's tracked across the sky, something does seem to come in contact with it. It would need to be a very fast moving projectile in order to display the sort of closing speed seen in the video.

I have seen some people call it 'Lens Flare', but I do not buy that. However, there is an explanation I do not mind to claim as plausible and even most probable.

As the meteor is tracked across the sky and the 'projectile' first enters view, there is something else that appears at that exact moment.

Looking slightly above and below the meteor and the 'projectile' you can see 2 dark, shadowy looking objects. These 2 objects a highly suspect and are probably deirectly related to the 'projectile', because both shadowy objects and the 'projectile' track and close in on the meteor at exactly the same rate.

What could this mean?

Have you ever seen power lines that have the big red 'balls' positioned along them? They are usually spaced about 100'+ apart from one another. I haven't found their proper name or their function yet, but I imagine it is a sort of marker for air traffic to see.

The powerlines that require such markers are generally elevated higher than a standard power line. Also, it is common to see these powerlines in multiples. I mean that they are stacked on top of each other, w/ 10'-15' space between them. In this case, there appears to be at least 3 power lines stacked upon each other and with all three featuring markers.

Viewing the projectile's approach, these markers are obviously traveling at the same rate - which is 0mph. They only appear to be moving, because the meteor is passing them. Pretty simple concept and illusion that we've probable all witnessed in the past.

OK... so this still doesn't explain why the meteor exploded at the same time the 'center marker' appeared to be in the same place as the meteor.

Although it seems unlikely, I believe the meteor may have struck the marker and may be the source of the explosion. I think it's possible, because the meteor was probably pretty close to exploding on it own, via atmospheric friction.

Striking the marker can account for each and every characteristic seen in the video. When the meteor makes contact with the The 'projectile/marker' is destroyed when the meteor makes contact. The force of the impact causes the marker to explode and scatter through the sky in many directions. This could explain why the 'projectile' seems to strike the meteor and come out the other side.

Instead of exiting the other side, the meteor actually knocks it out in front it, providing the illusion of a 'through-&-through' impact.

EDIT:

I also meant to mention the possibility of there being only 2 power lines, each with markers and a third line with a marker as well.

The difference would be that the 3rd line would be more like a guide line, connecting the two lines together - possibly to create added stability?

Also, it may be that the meteor did not break-up on impact with the marker. This seems likely, due to the massive flare-up a few moments after the 'projectile's' impact. I think initial explosion may be the marker breaking apart, not the meteor, it's break up occurred moments later, when the meteor makes a huge flash.

edit on 22-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Pretty sure that's been debunked as light refraction from imperfections in the windshield. Or at least that's the best explanation. I know there are a bunch of other videos of the meteor - do any of those show the same "projectile"? I suspect not.
edit on 22-2-2013 by redtic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Although I do believe there is lens-flare and possible refraction taking place in the video, I do not believe that accounts for the object in question.

I think there was a real, material object impacting the meteor (actually, it would be the meteor impacting the object), but it's not what many are speculating it to be...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just speculation, but I would assume something designed to detect dangerous impact possibilities would probably take things like vector, composition, and density into account. Space shuttles and capsules wouldn't have the density to be a threat at all. designing something that just destroyed anything that came from outside the atmosphere would be rather irresponsible.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by redtic

Although I do believe there is lens-flare and possible refraction taking place in the video, I do not believe that accounts for the object in question.

I think there was a real, material object impacting the meteor (actually, it would be the meteor impacting the object), but it's not what many are speculating it to be...

That's all well and good, but you'd need something to corroborate what you are saying. For instance, this video, and, I imagine, any other that you can find, shows no signs of said object...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Does it show signs of the projectile in flight, approaching the meteor, making impact, then exiting? I didn't notice that, but I will look hard and see if I can find it... because if I can find it, then I can also find the powerline markers.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
civilization was but swam shabrovsky careers www.yaplakal.com... hence translate.google.ru... these megaliths millions of years but you get what I mean evb-online.ru...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mangust69
civilization was but swam shabrovsky careers www.yaplakal.com... hence translate.google.ru... these megaliths millions of years but you get what I mean evb-online.ru...

russian outhouse survives meteorite attack!

Then again they are very skepical to where it came from

www.ynetnews.com...

if that was a railgun, that was awesome. Why cant someone just say we had a very small window to act in, we did, and we shot it down. But noooo we must keep the worlds most famous video shrouded in mystery. Just once tell us what happened. But I guess they want to keep the US on their toes. And you people wonder why aliens dont land on the White House front yard. I sincerely doubt they could after watching the meteor shatter like that. We are a mean tribe.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Speckle because: had a little bit more to add

<< 1    3 >>

join