It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear British Prime Minister, Can We Get Our Guns Back, PLEASE??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

And in the US of A there's no rights being stamped on by jack booted people its all bright skies, unicorns dancing in the fields etc etc etc......, the real difference is that in 1776 it was some f-wits in london and today you're getting the same thing from some f-wits in Washington so at least you are getting shafted by your own people so you cant lay the blame on anyone elses doorstep for the tyranny you have today as it's 100% pure made in the US of A (and probably the only thing not made in China)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Sure. There are draconian laws here, they're chiseling away our rights too.

The only problem is, there's not a whole lot they can do when the majority of the country own guns. Unfortunately for you, all Queen Eliza-bleh has to do is say jump and the whole country will jump.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You give the royal family a lot more power than they actually have....if liz wanted something to be done it would require parliament's agreement and she don't have the same thing as you have with presidential abilities to bypass laws

But the best thing about being British is we can go to any french owned area and pop up the two fingers in a V and watch them go f---------

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Your PM must go to the Queen to ask for permission to be PM. She can dismiss him or her at any time. She can sign or not sign bills into law. She can give mercy in capital punishment cases. She makes treaties, declares war, deploys armed forces. Your royal family has a lot more power than you're giving them credit for.

Because it's not even the powers that you see. It's the powers you don't see.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Now this may come as a surprise to you but this is NOT a thread about the USA and has absolutely nothing to do with the USA, it's gun laws, it's Second Amendment, it's sacred Constitution or anything that happened nearly 250 years ago - the world does not revolve around the USA.

The simple fact is that what is good and right for you isn't necessarily good and right for us - keep your guns, that's entirely up to you, as it should be - but we neither need nor want them.
It's got nothing to do with being weak or subservient, which we most definately are not, and everything to do with not wanting to shoot holes in each other - we much prefer kicking the crap out of each other.

If you want to start another thread about US gun laws, as if there aren't enough around already, I'll gladly contribute and offer my opinion as indeed I would if you want to discuss The American War Of Independance or any similar subject.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't think capital punishment is still on the books even for raping the princess royal, while the royal family have official duties linked to the due process of law i doubt that if liz couldn't turn up for the opening of parliament everything would carry on as normal, technically they still are part of the system of UK law as in everything's done in their name i doubt anything has been done by them since Charles the 1st had an accident

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
I don't think capital punishment is still on the books even for raping the princess royal

true dat, they would just give you antibiotics and then send you to specsavers

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

FFS.
How many times do we have to hear this complete and utter nonsense?

Your PM must go to the Queen to ask for permission to be PM.

It's a tradition - you know, culture / heritage and all that - guess you just don't get it.

She can dismiss him or her at any time.

No she can not.

She can sign or not sign bills into law.

If a ruling monarch refused to give Royal Assent to any Bill that had been passed by Parliament it would cause a Constitutional crisis and would result in her going the same way as some of her predecessors who thought they could overrule Parliament.

She can give mercy in capital punishment cases.

Can she?
Considering that there is no such thing as capital punishment in the UK she'd be pretty hard pressed to do so.

She makes treaties, declares war, deploys armed forces.

Yes, as Head Of State she does, pretty much the same way that POTUS does in the USA - but process has to be followed and those processes are the relative 'democratic' procedures of our governments.

Your royal family has a lot more power than you're giving them credit for.

They may have quite considerable influence but they have relatively little power at all.

It's obvious you have no actual knowledge of the workings of the UK and are just repeating the usual anti-UK dogma and bollocks that has been disproven on countless occassions - pityful effort really.

Can we now get back to discussing UK gun control laws?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The U.S. is still filled with idiots. Just check this "news" story.

www.theblaze.com...

Once police identified the suspect as Pipkins, officers notified his family. Some of those family members showed up at the house and expressed their anger at the homeowner for not issuing a “warning.”

“He could have used a warning,” Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins’ sister-in-law, said. “He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense.”

The suspect reportedly had a extensive criminal record and had served time in prison. He was previously convicted of theft, possession of a controlled substance and criminal trespassing.

If this were New York or California, the home owner would probably be in jail. From what I understand, if he were in the UK he would have been arrested as well.
edit on 21-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: Time for a beer...Yippee!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Your PM must go to the Queen to ask for permission to be PM. She can dismiss him or her at any time. She can sign or not sign bills into law. She can give mercy in capital punishment cases. She makes treaties, declares war, deploys armed forces. Your royal family has a lot more power than you're giving them credit for.

Because it's not even the powers that you see. It's the powers you don't see.

Well no. It's about the powers that actually exist rather than the imaginary ones you make up
Though some of us wish the Queen did have the powers you imagine, just to stick one up the useless politicians who keep f*cking up our country!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Buddy nothing in the US works right now, same over here. And if the mighty US is so free of British rule why are there so many 33 degree Scottish rite Masons at the helm of your banking, industrial and political infostructure?

They essentially had a hand in the inception and design of your nation from the beginning right up to present day and probably well into your future!

Im not saying this to you because i think its correct, but it is a fact!
edit on 21-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You NEVER get any freedom given to Government, back.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Bad luck merkins, talk about the bloody neighbour from hell.

No chance of moving?

I know in an ideal world you shouldn't have to, but i'd consider it if even the police are frightened of the berk.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I feel sorry for your isolation bro.......every man or woman should be trained to use a firearm.....
handguns, rifles. shotguns.....
Should be part of the growing up process.....
The whole concept of owning guns is tainted by the anti gun propaganda......they demonize any gun opwners regardless of who they may be.....
FBIs own stats say more guns less violent acts against people.....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

My neighbour owns a shot gun, very nice guy I have to say.

Anyway I asked him a while ago about this saying that it must be good to have it under the bed so to speak encase anyone was to ever break in. He told me that it would be no use because he has to keep it in a locked safe separate form the ammunition so by the time he did get his gun out of the safe and have it loaded they would probably had time to stab him or whatever.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't know what to say to this????? Other than, please Mister Prime Minister we don't want our guns back, violent crime may be high in the UK, but can you imagine how many more deaths there would be if we were all armed to the teeth like our American cousins, sorry it's easier to disarm someone with a knife or iron bar, but you can't dodge or apply self defence/Kung Fu moves to bullets, unless you are Jet Li of course, joking aside, we don't need guns in my opinion in the UK, if the Americans want to own them that's their choice, but I'm glad it is difficult to own a firearm legally in the UK, (surprisingly it's pretty difficult to get an illegal one too of late, according to my Policeman friend) it should in theory make the owner more responsible. Owning a gun is not a right, it's a responsibility that should be earned, by proving you are mentally capable of that responsibility and posses the maturity to operate it correctly.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
For you British Gents that watch the forum,

My wife's a spy and her handlers are pushing her really really really hard to go to England and use our kids as the cover. Putting one of them in a British college. I think her handlers are Chinese.

You may never let your population have guns again....but you better be watching really dang close all the foreigners now in your country. At some point your going to lose Social Control.

Ya should have kept the right to bear arms for your white population. Think ya screwed yourselves there.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

My wife's a spy and her handlers are pushing her really really really hard to go to England and use our kids as the cover. Putting one of them in a British college. I think her handlers are Chinese.

errr what!

so you just decided to post that information on a public website?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
For you British Gents that watch the forum,

You may never let your population have guns again....but you better be watching really dang close all the foreigners now in your country. At some point your going to lose Social Control.

Ya should have kept the right to bear arms for your white population. Think ya screwed yourselves there.

Yeah yeah, your wife is a spy, my mum is the Pope :-)
Sorry but I think you are wrong on so many levels, and the mention of the 'white' population is frankly offensive

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

FFS.
How many times do we have to hear this complete and utter nonsense?

Your PM must go to the Queen to ask for permission to be PM.

It's a tradition - you know, culture / heritage and all that - guess you just don't get it.

She can dismiss him or her at any time.

No she can not.

She can sign or not sign bills into law.

If a ruling monarch refused to give Royal Assent to any Bill that had been passed by Parliament it would cause a Constitutional crisis and would result in her going the same way as some of her predecessors who thought they could overrule Parliament.

She can give mercy in capital punishment cases.

Can she?
Considering that there is no such thing as capital punishment in the UK she'd be pretty hard pressed to do so.

She makes treaties, declares war, deploys armed forces.

Yes, as Head Of State she does, pretty much the same way that POTUS does in the USA - but process has to be followed and those processes are the relative 'democratic' procedures of our governments.

Your royal family has a lot more power than you're giving them credit for.

They may have quite considerable influence but they have relatively little power at all.

It's obvious you have no actual knowledge of the workings of the UK and are just repeating the usual anti-UK dogma and bollocks that has been disproven on countless occassions - pityful effort really.

Can we now get back to discussing UK gun control laws?

Nice Work, Freeborn :-)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join