It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear British Prime Minister, Can We Get Our Guns Back, PLEASE??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I used to think that we should be allowed to have guns in the uk, but have changed my view.
There are so many people on the streets now who have guns and are stoned, that most 'normal' people don't venture out, so they aren't in too much danger from guns. Thanks to the gvt, these normal people are also so poor they have nothing worth stealing in their homes, so are less likely to be burgled. Any 'normal' person who uses violence of any sort when they have been pushed beyond their limits ends up being punished. So I think it's best if we all stay indoors and watch 'I'm a celebrity' or eastenders

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by leopardpimps

Maybe it's time to look into a cattle prod?

He would have moved off if you'd let him taste a jolt of one of those.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Maybe i should have said that we enjoyed a lot more leeway in the past. I agree we have never truly been free, probably never will be.

There is allway hope through!

I hope. LoL
edit on 21-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You say that possessing a gun makes you more likely to be the victim of a crime, but that is wrong. When I take my gun out with me I don't go home and fill out a government survey about it. Please explain how a 100 pound woman is more safe trying to fight off a potential rapist with her bare hands as opposed to a handgun.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If some 300 pound criminal decides to break into my house when I am at work and my girlfriend is at home, what is she supposed to do? Square up with him and knuckle down? In this situation I am not concerned with this guy's rights, as far as i'm concerned he forfeited those when he tried to break in. Tonight, if this guy comes to my house, he is going to take 3 or 4 rounds of 12 gauge #2 buckshot to the chest. His plans of rape and murder and mayhem in general are thwarted on the spot. Now if this guy decides to come to your house... don't worry, the police will most likely show up in a few hours. You should be fine.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Snf They'll never give back what they took. Guns,money, privacy whatever

Get yourself an unregistered gun. Shoot the intruder with it. Ring cops. show them how you wrestled it off him and shot when he came after you.

Or drop the corpse in the woods.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

This has probably already been pointed out to you, but just in case it hasn't...

Why not buy a shotgun?

They are perfectly legal and a licence for them is easily obtainable. Provided you are not a nutter or guilty of previous gun crimes you can not be denied a shotgun licence. It's your RIGHT not a privilege, just as it's a right in the US.

I know it's not a handgun, but if I had to choose between owning one or the other it'd be the shotgun every single time.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Get yourself an unregistered gun. Shoot the intruder with it. Ring cops. show them how you wrestled it off him and shot when he came after you.

WOW. cant believe I read that.

I think ill just take my registered gun and drop him...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
We already have our guns.

You are fully within your right to own a shotgun, the police have to prove (criminally and medically) that you are unfit.

You are fully within your right to own a rifle or semi-automatic rifle, as long as YOU can prove why you need it (gun clubs etc).......criminal and medical background checks permitting of course.

The only guns you cannot own in the UK are handguns and/or fully automatic rifles.

EDIT: Some nice guns here....... if you have the appropriate license(s)
edit on 20/2/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/2/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Thank you. The utter ignorance about UK gun rights on ATS is one of the most tedious and annoying aspects of this site. I used to think 'the dumbing down' of the population in the US was much further along than in the UK, but not anymore. All it takes is to google or wiki 'gun rights in the UK', but people are too retarded it seems.

---

You can get a shotgun for the price of a decent smartphone. DO IT PEOPLE, BUY A SHOTGUN AND STOP SPREADING DISINFO!

edit on 21-2-2013 by merkins because: Typos

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You can own a shotgun for any purpose you like including home defense.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

This gun study which I have yet to find the empiracal data supporting it, is only showing correlation not causation. There's a big difference between the two and this study used less than 700 people when the US has well over 300 million.

I'd like to see unmanipulated stats of how many gun owners die by gun as a percentage of ALL gun owners, compared with how many die by guns who do not own them. Then we might actually get some stats worth more than dog poo.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lancepk
Im british and i dont really see a need to own a gun i have a family and 2 children and i feel confident that i can defend my family without one. Personally owning a gun would make me feel weak, having to rely on an object to protect myself dont make much sense to me, im sure there are other British members here who understand what im trying to say.
It seems like alot of Americans on here think we should follow suit and have weapons in our households but i disagree im proud on the fact that we are not like the US when it comes to guns, and yes i have had to defend myself before quite a few times and never needed to use a weapon and im proud of it.

Good for you, but not everyone can be in your position. In my younger years i've been shot at on three separate occasions. I've also been attacked with knives and threatened with swords while being a publican in Slough and the police never showed up even once.

But now I am disabled and feel much safer being armed at home. About 18 months ago a neighbour (who is unfortunately still a neighbour) pulled a knife on me and threatened to kill me and chop me up and put me in the boot of the car. I phoned the cops but they never responded at the time nor later and never took a statement from me. This was on a saturday and this person is well known to the police but they told me they couldn't attend until monday because that would be the first time they'd have a female officer on duty. Apparently he's not violent with female officers. Needless to say monday came and went and they didnt visit nor did they ever follow it up with me or him. We have the same social housing landlord and even their anti-social behaviour guy chickened out of going to see him.

The worst of it is that I still get grief from him, but will have to allow him to stab me before I can respond.

A gun is a great leveller and I'm all for them, not everyone can defend themselves.
edit on 21-2-2013 by merkins because: Many typos

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by woogleuk

And you bastards can have silencers and SBR's without jumping through extra hoops and paying outrageous taxes for the revenuers.

On one side of the world they're safety devices and tools for being a good neighbor. On the other side of the world they're seen as evil assassin tools. WTF???

UK Deactivated kits make our demilled kits look like crap as well. I image there are many more illegal machine guns in the UK than in the US, at least per capita.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
If you own and carry a gun... you are MORE likely to be killed or injured by a gun.

That's a fascinating point. I'd love to find some statistics for the UK that shows how many gunshot victims owned or carried firearms at the time they were shot. Do you have any?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
What are you going to do .. run to your bedroom ( or where ever other people have them locked up and hopefully in many cases also have a trigger lock on said gun in a house with children ) then to find the bullets and load the weapon and what leave your family there high and dry till one finishes fumbling around with their fire arms .

sorry but the slaughter would already over and the home owner and family still gained nothing in the situation .

This is also a good point. It is better to let yourself and your family be murdered quietly than trying to do anything to stop it. It's going to happen anyway, why waste time on the 10% chance that you might be able to react quickly enough to save at least one of the children.

The single most stupid thing you could do in that situation, of course, would be to try and tackle the intruder to give your wife time to get the kids upstairs to the bedroom where the gun was located. That would be ludicrous. Only an imbecile would try such a thing. Better to let everyone die so that we can smugly retain the moral highground.
edit on 21-2-2013 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's threads like this that make me wish there were such things as 'anti-flags' and 'anti-stars'

More guns here, more deaths, it'd be inevitable. Anyone who thinks differently is deluded. In an area like where I live if everyone had guns all you'd hear is gun shots all night.

A complete and utter ridiculousl notion, the thread creator needs to move to the U.S if he wants to play at cowboys. Anyhow, you don't need guns when you have balls.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HTUKno1

Originally posted by SprocketUK

WOW. cant believe I read that.

I think ill just take my registered gun and drop him...

Nope you definitely read it.
I'm glad you have a legal firearm. Good for you. The fact remains that the vast majority of the population will never have that access.
There's also the handgun ban to consider.
So my advice stands. I don't own anything more powerful than an under lever air rifle myself and that's just for the odd rabbit.
For home defence I've got a German Shepherd. He doesn't require aiming. I don't even need to be awake or in the house. I haven't bothered replacing the batteries in the door bell since we got him as he lets the whole world know someone has just stepped into the drive.

Going a bit off topic I know.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

If you own and carry a gun... you are MORE likely to be killed or injured by a gun

Lol.....Ugh... There's no hope for you...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob

If you own and carry a gun... you are MORE likely to be killed or injured by a gun.

That's a fascinating point. I'd love to find some statistics for the UK that shows how many gunshot victims owned or carried firearms at the time they were shot. Do you have any?

I do...The last two years it was zero... Suprise suprise...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Gun control laws have allowed governments to genocide 200+ million of their own citizens in 100 years.

Your British crown ruled us in tyranny until we decided to fight and die with guns we obtained illegally. So please. If you want to suck your thumb and fear boogeymen in the bushes, that's fine with me. Just don't criticize a system of protection and defense that works and has worked since 1776.

When your rights are chiseled away and you can't do anything about it, don't cry on ATS about it. You deserve it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join