It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Kyle (US Sniper) - You see a hero. I see a devil

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

Actually we did keep track. You would take a bullet out of their rifle if possible or something he used. Every sniper knows his confirmed kills as well as each person. It's the most personal thing you will ever experience. I would get into more etc but dont feel like being called a monster tonight. Seals are a different breed and I was lucky to have met a few, but never Kyle.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Yea, thanks he was the only one that survived the war in the group had gotten his wings with.
He could of made lot of money but I think he was afraid to push his luck after the war was over, they didn't call him in for active duty in Korea I think because he was married and had kids.,

Yea they did missions 25 and you were home free most the time, I only know of one other guy he was a tail gunner but he made it also.

edit on 22-2-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

My dad was a command pilot in WWII in bomber command,a trainer.He retired in 1951 and adopted me. You are correct they are silent.Ground troops aren't. A jet pilot is a completely different animal,as are most modern combat pilots. Never mind the elites.
I was a scout in Desert Storm 7th Cav we led the 18 ABN corp into Iraq.I think I am a bit more qualified to discuss modern troops sir.
I respect your superior service but I wasn't drafted I joined to fight. Thats what I had in me so I did that.I would have had it for a career if my lungs hadn't screwed up.
edit on 23-2-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

You’re the one that does not seem to get it, in terms of ignorance I was drafted in 68, I know snipers up front and personal, they don't know what their confirmed kill is, any more than you know how many hairs are on your ass.

I joined on my own and worked with snipers myself. they would often secure the area for us while we did our job getting rid of IEDs.

I remember one, the sniper shot the dude, a half mile away and didn't know he kill the guy till the next day when they found his body.

. They found the body the next day = confirmed kill.

SO you talk like your some kind of expert, your not, not even close.

No not an expert but I certainly have much more than you think please do not ASS-U-ME you know me or my experiences.

Another thing I'm not upset, I am amazed that, someone would think it is so great to kill some innocent person from a great distance, big deal.

Who the hell do you think is innocent? Were you there? Did you know the target? Are you just ASS-U-MEing again?

You have this tiny little planet, that none of this will even matter in a million years and you brag about how great it is to kill someone, that should not be killed to begin with.

What the hell are you on about?

A smile on some kids face would beat that all to hell.
Kid’s smile that’s great. Carry on.

How many Americans have been killed by Islamic terrorist in the US since 9/11, Zero, 0, like in none.

Check again get your facts straight when the job is done right they dont get to kill us here but you are a fool if you think it hasnt been atempted. We did what we should do take the fight to them.

How many innocent people have been murdered over oil?

Plenty. How many non-innocents have been killed over oil answer is plenty. My first tour was taking back Kuwait so again please do not ASS-U-ME.

I don't care what you say, anyone that brags about killing women, children or anyone is not great hero, how many of our own men did he kill by accident, don't want to talk about that one. Huh, got a count.
What women and children I know of one with a bomb vest certainly not innocent in that case. You call it bragging well that is your opinion and it smells from where I am sitting.

By the way I kick the # out a special force's lieutenant, and let me tell you there was nothing special about that dude, except he should of never came up from behind me and grabbed my crouch and he won't have gotten a boot in the face.i'llI leave it at that, but I never liked it when someone would poke me and tell me to do something, either.

No offense but I have met a lot of internet tough guys and heroes in my time that sound like they can chew nails and spit bullets but I never actually seen one. At the gun range there is a Vietnam Vet that has some pretty awesome stories my dad sometimes comes along for giggles like when he talked about setting up claymores within 15 feet of him in the bush and things like that. We just laugh to ourselves but other guys eat that # up.Sounds like a personal problem to me.

But you really think all the pain and suffering people inflict on each other on this piece of crap planet is so great and getting some piece of metal to say how great it is to kill your fellowman, that is pretty sad.

You seem fairly sad maybe a little mental. BTW Nam was my Dads war and he was one of those SF guys you would have had your head stomped if you tried to grab his balls he only let the ladies touch him there. He was enlisted sounds like you tangoed with the butter bars.

In my book it'e not how bad you are, or good you are at hurting others, but how good your are as a human with higher ideals, not someone with the mentality of a animal. at least your not below animal like a rock, rocks are really stupid.

Yes Rocks are not inteligent I agree. (This conversation reminds me of a late night at the VFW.)

You just don't get it, but most don't either so no big deal, this is the gross physical plane, cause and effect. When you die you give back to nature what was never yours to begin with.

You turned into a hippie didn’t you? Not that that is a bad thing necessarily but I run into guys that sound like you at VA once in a while I can never tell if it was the war the 70s or the medication they are on but you don't sound like you are doing to well. You may want to call them Tomorrow

Continued

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Why are so many troops committing suicide, what rape and murder don't go good with honor and duty, what about brain washing,

It’s called PTSD and I went through a tough patch myself for a while after I healed from my wounds and was discharged I traveled the world for three years to get my head strait. Some guys weren’t so fortunate. It took me a long while till I could hold my tongue against ignorant arse holes that bad mouthed the men and women I have served with. BTW it sounds like you are not quite over it either. For me I stopped drinking and stayed the hell away from the meds they were trying to give me. VA will dose you up if you give them a chance and make you a zombie.

Back in the day when I was a Marine, they broke 2x4s over our heads, Wow,, Golly, Gee

Well I am not going to assume anything about you but you may want to get your head checked out that kind of thing causes brain damage. Sure we f___ed around and got rough but other than turtle f___ing your buddy (helmet slam) we didn’t do stupid crap like hitting each other in the head with 2 by 4s were you trying to get articled out on a mental.

Just like Kyle punched Jesse Ventura, funny Jesse doesn't recall it, he musta hit him really hard.

I couldn’t care less about whatever that was about or if it even happened. I am sure Jesse was a great soldier but the guy is kind of weird now IMO.

Well if he was real hero he was stupid one,

This is where we disagree I can’t even comment on it with you because you haven’t given any reasoning behind your position. I am going to read his book next week to get some insight into the man. From what I know of his record and accomplishments the man was brave and sacrificed for his comrades they don’t just hand out silver and bronze stars for nothing and he received them multiple times and he knew what it was like to be on the receiving end because he didn’t get purple hearts for splinters. My uncle once got a purple heart in Nam because he fell out of his bunk when they started shelling and he got a splinter. My Pops got his purple hearts for multiple gun shots I got mine from an IED.

rule No. one don't put loaded weapon in hand of unstable person, he might fall over.

I think that is great advice I hope you listen to it.

I am sure you are a decent guy but you didn’t come off to well to me tonight but I took a few minutes to reread your post. I do think you should call VA tomorrow to be seen it sounds like your stirring up some bad stuff. For one thing Nam, Kuwait, Iraq, and Afghanistan they are all different wars with different problems. I don’t know anything about Nam except from what my Pop told I and the History Chanel but I have had my fill of the rest. I don’t understand why you seem to need to make Kyle out to be something he isn’t but maybe you could think about it a bit. I never met the man in person but if I had I would have liked to shake his hand maybe buy him a drink in his life from what I read he gave more back to the military than he ever took. I will not cry for the enemy they were trying to kill me and my men so you can sing kumara for them if you like I will not be joining in however I do take a drink each year for every friend I lost. And there hasn’t been anything you have said that has given me a reason to think any less of Chris Kyle.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

What PTSD means to most vets is you shouldn't attack us we react badly quickly.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

I enjoyed how you go from Nam to Indians and Davy Crocket lol. Ironic how you say I know nothing about Nam yet you refer my comment about the South Koreans to the Korean War. You do realise the Koreans were some of the best, most brutal, and most effective groups to fight in Nam alongside the Americans. There you learned something new so ill let you retract your previous statement as you look like a fool now. And Nam was not my war, the desert was mine for two tours. I'm sure you didn't know this but things change in a few decades time.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

I met a RECONDO guy who showed me a pic of ears,he's a sociologist.He seemed OK.
I bothered him too though. Gleam in the eye thing. He taught me how to approach and bush movement.It came in Handy in Korea.Weird stuff ,he said it was from Echanis.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

You are a pawn, nothing more you can ass -u -me aday long your just a pawn and don't know nothing but this tiny picture you think you see, You are you own enemy.
I'm 62 and you sound like a dumb old fart to me ass- you -what eve.

The US made Saddam Hassein, you are a pawn you believe all that stuff why didn't they go all the way the first time, it's all about oil.

Afghanistan was to finish the pipe line, who is running the Heroin, there was none till the US shoowed up and got it going again.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

I am well aware of the Rock, I thought because I mentioned my dad not going into Korea is why you brought up Korea,
But that is where I learned the move of grabbing guys hand when have groin attack from rear and kick straight back while holding persons hand.
But I got in great deal of trouble over that and is how ended up in KS

But yea I know about the Koreans, to most of them were cocky bastards, but like I said I wish I had not even post on this thread, as I have tried to lose any desire to harm any living creature.
I'm not going to go on with this, sorry to say I'm not into killing and is no doubt in my mind we are Satan. I don't think I'm tough or bad, and I'm not going to brag about how many people I have killed.

I will say though I was told I saved a couple,and I know I tried to save a few more.

Lover Boy, my point is with Indians is we have always been the bad guys for most part, hurting killing, people animals for trophies, I won't even kill a fly or spider. There are more bad people on Earth than good, greed, lust, envy, the seven deadly sins, we are Satan we are destroying the Earth.

edit on 23-2-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

It will be OK 0000000 but I always liked the bishop better in chess can I be the bishop I want to be the one next to the queen so I get some potang when the king isn’t looking that sound alright. If not that’s ok I will just make it to the other side of the board and rescue a fallen comrade.

You realize you are coming of as a nut doesn’t you? You are trying to imitate my writing style even. Mimicry is a form of flattery they say so I am doing something right. Anyway I was serious I think you should make an appointment with psychologist tomorrow you don’t seem to cognate with you writing your all over the place it is amusing though I have had a few
Maybe your youthful wackiness is from all those strikes to the head with 2 by 4s. Did they ask you if you wanted one lump or two when they did it?

No big deal I will leave you be but I am being for real about how you should get yourself seen. People star me if you agree.

You know this thread is about Kyle and I don’t give a damn about oil or Sadam I do not really see your point in bringing it up. I never really agree with the government on much of anything but that didn’t affect how I took my oath serious. Maybe it was because you were forced to serve but I did it with honor sure it sucked many times but the friends I had were the best group of men I have ever had the honor to know and your bad mouthing them can’t change that. It is too bad more people of your generation didn’t volunteer maybe it could have kept you out of an environment that you obviously couldn’t adapt to which has left you messed up in my opinion. Anyway good luck to you get help and get better.

BTW I am out of the military and I play cards now so I should be the joker.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Hey dude you brought up all this other crap, all I said a murderer is no hero in My book.And to brag about it. Brag about how many people he save ,maybe he saved some good people. War is hell but why are all of our troops committing suicide, something is wrong why did this PTSD guy kill Kyle, he was killing his self.

You were probably a good solider, but I think they quit making them for the most part, one I know personally wanted to kill his mother, father, brother, sister. He joined the army and could not wait to get to Iraq so he could kill someone, probably rape someone also, someones child maybe but who gives a crap about Islamic people. I do.

edit on 23-2-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

You say you heard your friend talking about wanting to rape someone and you did nothing?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Sorry guys - I see someone who was seriously **SNIP** up, out of touch with humanity and simply a stupid machine used by things and people he couldn't comprehend.

I THINK I did that quote thingy correctly... But if no, then...um... You like, said all that stuff up there. Okay? We on the same page here... Ok, now, um, basically what you said here, is that he wasn't responsible for his actions. You said it in 4 or 5 different ways, and all within one sentence, which is actually something...so, yeah. I'm gonna chalk this one up to emotional reaction, which I understand. It's difficult to say what is the correct way to react when your government is turning people into brain washed killing machines made to be sacrificed on the field of battle...
edit on 2/23/2013 by 3n19m470 because: dammit... i forgot how to write the coding

edit on Sat Feb 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed code

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join